Essay PreviewMore ↓
A news flash came up on the television after the body of an elderly
man was found with part of his body missing . It was not thought that
the body had been there long before it was discovered . The police was
appealing to the public for any information to come forward .
The police officer who was assigned to the case was Joe Freeman . He
had been with the force for a few years and had already successfully
dealt with two other suspicious deaths in the past, so it was thought
that he would be the best man to deal with this case to bring it to an
early close .
At first he thought that the old man had collapsed and died of
hypothermia and that the cold had caused his hand and one of his feet
to drop off . Parts of his face were also missing . As the forensic
reports began to come back from the lab , it started to look very
suspicious; large teeth marks where found to be the cause of his
wounds . Officer Freeman decided to do a search around the site where
the body was found .
Several officers were assigned to the operation . “I’ll have you four
searching the river and you three come with me to do a finger tip
search of where the body was found.”
“Yes sir.” As the men searched along the river something very odd was
found by one of the officers . He called over to D.I. Freeman “Sir ,
come here quick.”
“what is it?”
“it’s a big hole sir .” What was more surprising was the large
droppings outside the hole .
“What sort of animal did this?” they each asked in turn .
A torch was shone into the hole, but it was to deep too see what was
inside . It was decided that two of them would have to go in .
“Okay Conner and Millburn .
How to Cite this Page
"The Black Hole - Original Writing." 123HelpMe.com. 07 Apr 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Secrets of the Night - Original Writing The white mist glistened in the moons sparkly light and the tracks rumbled as the old dark train sped nearer. As the rumbling became louder the lights from the front of the train could be seen. The blinding lights suddenly flashed past then there was a huge roar as it rushed on through the tunnel and out the other side, then there was total silence. There was not even a sign that the train had even been past. The air was still for a long time with no sound apart from that of an owl’s occasional hooting.... [tags: Papers]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- A Jump Into Darkness - Original Writing There are still a few minutes before he has to do it. The rumble of the plane’s propellers excites him slightly as he waits, waits for the time when he steps off into the darkness. He knows he is going to do this – he does not doubt that. But the waiting is beginning to make him tense, and nervous. He finds that he is constantly rubbing his hands together, and stands up to stretch his nervous legs. The interior of the plane is metallic and unfriendly, lit only by the dim, old cabin light.... [tags: Papers]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- The Birthday Nightmare - Original Writing It was the misty morning of Charl's 21st birthday. Herself, her partner and her best friend were preparing to travel from dull-skied Trenton, their hometown in New Jersey to Glamorous New York to celebrate Charl's birthday. Her best friend Sarah was to drive the kitted out van and her partner Leone was to accompany Charl on their first travel from the time when they were at college. Now geared up, they set off to New York. The Dodge Durango STL was travelling down the B849 at a steady speed as Leone luckily escaped a fatal car crash when he was 11, so he was slightly uncomfortable about travelling on reasonably sized jo... [tags: Papers]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- A Hurricane Strikes - Original Writing It was an ordinary Sunday morning. The rays of golden sunlight shone on the modest but lively village. The constant murmur of chatting filled the morning air. As children played and laughed, the men relaxed with their noses in their Sunday papers and the old ladies gathered to exchange the latest gossip. The huge trees looked protectively down on the village below and their leaves danced proudly in the breeze. In the distance, all the identical cottages had smoke rising from the chimneys.... [tags: Papers]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- The Trapped Soul - Original Writing A mist that covers everything has descended over the battlefields of Borodino; no longer are the sounds of war heard, the cries of injured men has stopped. A black shape starts to emerge from the grey smog, a lost trapped soul wandering the battlefield after this fateful afternoon. This figure of a ghost however is focused on one thing, finding his friend; he searches through the mist, but to no avail. The heavens are grey, the air is grey everything is grey.... [tags: Papers]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- The Assassin - Original Writing The silvery shadow could be seen up against the dark wall of the damp, dimly lit cellar, it oozed a musky smell of mould and there was a distinct waft of a dead forest floor. The walls were covered with peeling paint and dark, aged wallpaper. The cellar was carpet less, just old, wooden floorboards and a dirty rug in the corner. The shadow of a man, around six feet tall was quite skinny, with long arms and legs and dressed in a smart, long black coat.... [tags: Papers]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- The Patriots - Original Writing "It's me did you upload the disc?" "Yeah it had all their info on there. Names and where to find them." "Good, then lets go and take care of them." "Waitâ€¦we can't!" "Why?" "â€¦They're all dead" "What!. When?" "Errâ€¦ about one hundred years ago." "What theâ€¦!" Jack awoke to the sharp sounds of his alarm. The blur in his vision eventually cleared to the sight of his extremely small room that consisted of a basic desk, TV, bed and one window, which had no curtain.... [tags: Papers]
2167 words (6.2 pages)
- The Auction - Original Writing The rain battered down upon the small, shivering figure that sat in the corner of the bus shelter. It had been sat there for three hours now and was starting to lose all hope. This dishevelled figure was of course, me, and it was I that had been sitting in the tiny, incorrectly named bus shelter, for in this particular place there was no hope at all of indeed gaining shelter, waiting for the past three hours for a bus that seemed as though it would never come.... [tags: Papers]
701 words (2 pages)
- Shaft - Original Writing I walked up the sandy footpath through the dunes, scuffing the dry ground with my toes. The sun blazed down making the bronzed ground shimmer like a pool of gold. The salty tang from the sea lingered on my tongue. The dry grasses and scrub growing in clumps alongside the path rustled softly in a gentle breeze, whispering in secret tongue, and a small clod of sand skittered forward, tickling my bare ankles. A few yards up, the sloping path levelled and then dropped, a steep bank of golden grains, and suddenly, like a magician waving his wand, the glittering expanse of the sea was spread out in front of me, an azure shimmering sheet.... [tags: Papers]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Original Writing I lay flat on the bed my blonde hair flowed over the pillow like tiny golden rivers. I looked up around at my bare room. My eyes stuck on the mirror where I could see the tiny white slip of paper. Oh how much trouble that tiny check was worth.... [tags: Papers]
1567 words (4.5 pages)
- John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men
- Dichotomous Key
- Shakespeare’s Representation of Women in The Merchant Of Venice
- Ambiguity of Juliet's Character in William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
- The Use of ICT for Internal and External Communications of Business
- The Production Process and Quality Assurance/Control System for Business
what you can find .” Ordered the inspector .
Conner went first . It only seemed seconds before they were both
emerging from the hole , ashen faced , and very shaken by what they
had seen .
“Good grief man , what’s in there?” asked D.I. Freeman . It took a
minute or two before either of them could speak , but eventually
Millburn spluttered , “oh god , it was awful , there are dozens of
half eaten bodies, and the most awful stench . ”
Conner was on his knees throwing up . Then , there was a sound of
splashing in the distance .
“Quiet you lot !” demanded the Inspector . They all took cover and
silently waited to see what was making the noise .
To their horror , a family of rats were returning to the hole ,
pulling another body between them . They could not believe their eyes
. Rats as big as sheep , with large teeth . They watched open mouthed
as the giant rats disappeared into the hole pulling the body behind
them . The inspector decided it was time to make a hasty retreat back
to the station and decide what action to take next , to get rid of
these vermin for good .
It was decided that experts had to be called in urgently before more
people were killed , but would a normal rat catcher be able to deal
with these giant rats ? They had to try , and pretty quick . There
was no time to waste !
The rat catchers were called , but when they heard about these giant
rats they were concerned about their own safety . “We want some back
up!” Said the superior Joe Williams . He sounded worried about what he
was going to see .
“We’re not going in alone in case the poison fails to work on these
giants I mean they could start attacking us.”
“Get the armed police there for back up .”
A plan was drawn up for the operation to take that evening , there was
no time to spare . The rat catchers were to go in first , (a team of a
dozen was thought would be needed) followed very closely by the armed
S.W.A.T. team .
The inspector thought a night operation would be best as this was the
most likely time the rats would be leaving the hole in search of food
. He was right . No sooner had they arrived and took their planned
position the rats began to emerge , and go off in search or food .
Straight away the rat catchers went in to plant their poison bait . To
there surprise, no adult rats were found but there, in a nest of
rubbish and filth were babies, that were already bigger than normal
rats . They still had there eyes closed , and so it was easy to feed
them the arsenic acid coated bait, which killed them instantly . But
would it work on the adults ? It didn’t take long before the rat
catchers got out of there ! They were also visibly shaken as they
emerged from the hole . Before anyone had chance to speak, one of the
giant rats appeared from nowhere and pounced on one of the rat
“oh my God !” he yelled, as the rat tore off part of his ear . Blood
was streaming down his neck as he tried to escape . The rat then
latched onto his legs , as he tried to run away , but it just tore a
chunk from his calf .
“help me , for God sake , somebody help me !” he screamed .
Then the other rats appeared and all hell let loose . The armed squad
jumped into action , and lit up the darkness with gunfire……followed by
silence , except for the moans from the injured rat catcher , and
sirens in the distance from the other emergency teams . The police
helicopter hovered above beaming down a powerful spotlight which lit
up the river , exposing the carnage . Dead rats lying like massive
rocks in the water. Finally they were all dead………or were they?