Essay PreviewMore ↓
It was a cold and windy night. The trees moved vigorously as the wind
blew. The silence was frightening. Carol’s face became red because of
the cold. She was driving as fast as she could through Elmore street-
the longest road in Sydney. Usually people came here if they were in a
mood for a long drive, but Carol was going for Julia’s party. Carol
had refused to come at first but Julia wouldn’t accept any excuses
from anyone since it was her last birthday in Australia. She was
moving to London forever and wanted this to be her best birthday bash
ever. Carol had tried to explain her reasons. Her house was really far
after all and she didn’t want to drive at night but Julia’s reason
was more justified. It was only one night and even Jerry would be
there. He was the most popular boy in college. Actually Carol and
Jerry had liked each other for a long time. The thing was, Carol was
waiting for Jerry to ask her out and Jerry wanted to make sure if
Carol actually liked him or not.
“Oh my gosh, you made it! Thank god!”, Julia said gleefully.
“Wish you a very happy birthday Julia! Here’s your present.” Carol
said with a big smile, handing Julia a small box covered in a red-coloured
wrapping paper with small blue hearts on it.
“Thank you so much Carol, I’ll really miss you.” said Julia with a
“Oh c’mon Julia not lets not get emotional please! Carol replied
Julia led Carol to the living room where the party took place. There
he was-Jerry Thompson. He was dressed in olive green cargo pants, an
orange t-shirt that had a basketball made on it and Nike trainers.
Carol’s face turned red as he looked at her, smiling warmly!
She went and joined their group. “Hi Jerry!” she said shyly.
“Hey! Wassup? You alright?”
“Ya, I’m cool. Looks like you’re enjoying the party quite a bit.
How to Cite this Page
"Coral Cliff - Original Writing." 123HelpMe.com. 24 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I'm Pregnant- Original Writing- "Incomplete Esssay" Background Information:- Young girl of sixteen called Cathy has found out that she is pregnant; she has decided to break the news to her long term boyfriend named Conner who is seventeen. Cathy is very nervous about the situation as she does not know how Conner is going to react. Cathy has known she is pregnant for a week but it has taken her this long to build up the courage to say something. To make matters worse her parents come from a strongly religious Catholic background which means if she tells her parents she could face having no moral support as sex before marriage is not approved and abortions are... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- Reef Restoration has been around for the past 30-40 years. It has been key in recovery towards the world’s coral reefs. The characterization of a reef restoration is that it is an act of returning the ecosystem to its original condition. Some elements of that include, rescuing a species, returning the reef to its original state, and increasing diversity within the ecosystem. Coral reefs are called home to a profuse variety of living creatures such as fish, lobster, clams, sea turtles, sharks, eels, crabs, shrimps, urchins, sponges, and algae, and those are some of the many species that live there.... [tags: Coral reef, Coral, Algae, Cnidaria]
1923 words (5.5 pages)
- Humans are one of the biggest threats to coral reefs around the world. Coral reefs house a diverse mixture of underwater species like sea turtles, hundreds of different fish species and over a thousand species of mollusks. They are home to an incredible amount of wildlife as well as protecting the coastline from ocean storms. Corals make up the coral reef, but some people don 't realize that corals are living organisms. They are not rock or pretty stone, but are related to anemones and jellyfish.... [tags: Coral reef, Fish, Coral, Great Barrier Reef]
712 words (2 pages)
- The question of whether if the disease that are bringing declines to Coral Reefs is a better worded if they are caused by infectious pathogens or Opportunistic pathogens. I say that because the disease that are causing coral reef declines are often caused by multiple microorganisms which lives on the surfaces of the coral. The microorganisms usually lives on the coral but rarely causes diseases, the only time they cause disease is when there are environmental or physical stress acted on the coral.... [tags: Bacteria, Immune system, Coral, Infectious disease]
1731 words (4.9 pages)
- Coral Reefs are known as the “Tropical Rainforests of the Oceans.” They are called thus because of the “tight resource coupling and recycling, allowing coral reefs to have extremely high productivity and biodiversity” (Coral Reef bleaching, no date). Coral Bleaching has always been a part of the natural circle of life, but only over the last forty years’ have Marine Biologist seen a rapid increase of the onset of coral bleaching. Coral reefs are severely threatened by the combination of natural causes and human activities.... [tags: Coral reef, Coral, Coral bleaching]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- When I was a younger, I always loved books that were very vivid. The best stories were the most detailed ones. It felt as if I was being cast on an enchanting vacation in my imagination. Often I would find myself daydreaming about any book I had recently read. In these dreams, I would put myself in the story or add a whole new character. It wasn’t just the pictures that would captivate me. The selectively placed words constantly kept me wondering and wanting more. Reading these types of books inspired me to write the same way.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Creative writing, Writing process]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- The ocean, beautiful from what everyone can see, but there’s more to what the tourists’ eyes show as they come to see the views on the beaches. Coral reefs are starting to deteriorate more severally due to human and natural causes. The tourists visiting these beaches have no idea that they are affecting how long the coral reefs are going to last and how fast they are going to be gone. If nothing is done to help the reefs they may be gone sooner than later. Many people believe that the reefs are dying off because all because of natural causes and the human activity is helplessly getting the blame.... [tags: Coral reef, Coral, Coral reefs, Algae]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- Coral bleaching can be caused when coral is stressed by many things including pollution, overexposure to sunlight and extreme low tides however, it primarily occurs when corals are stressed due to unusually high sea temperatures (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, 2015). Unusually high temperatures cause coral 's colourful, symbiotic algae (zooxanthellae) to separate from the coral leaving it to appear white (De 'ath, Fabricius, Sweatman & Puotinen, 2012; Baker, Glynn & Riegl, 2008).... [tags: Coral reef, Coral, Climate change]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Dr. Riegl and Dr. Purkis complete this experiment related to coral reefs and the dynamics of them in a mass mortality event. In the Middle East where this experiment was done over the course of four years from 2009-2012, and took into account four different species and how they responded to these cataclysmic events. The event that took place in 2009 was a series of diseases that severely impacted the coral dynamics, while the next three years of the experiment, mass mortality was caused by bleaching and other diseases.... [tags: Coral reef, Coral, Ecosystem, Algae]
1730 words (4.9 pages)
- There are many diverse plant communities in south Florida, but some of the most enigmatic plant communities are found underwater. The coral reefs are a landscape that many people have not had much contact with. Much like how only the elite, travelling, or industrial entities have a view from the ocean, the coral reefs are only viewed by the adventurous or lucky few that can reach their subterranean habitat. But just because they are not seen from the surface does not mean they should be hard to get to.... [tags: Coral reef, Coral, Primary production, Algae]
2855 words (8.2 pages)
Carol continued with a weird look on her face.
“I love it esp. the beautiful people here.” He winked at her. She
Three hours had passed. Carol was having an amazing time. The only
thing that worried her was how she would get home so late at night.
Even her parents weren’t in town. She would have to drive all the way
back to her house alone. It would take about one or two hours
depending on the traffic. May be she could ask Jerry to drop her but
he lived all the way on the other side of town. She decided that it
was best if she went alone.
Soon it was time to leave. “I thoroughly enjoyed the party Julia.
Thank you so much.” Carol said, genuinely meaning it.
“Hey Carol, wait.” It was Jerry. “I found a shortcut to your house
yesterday. So I recorded the directions in this.” He handed Carol an
audio cassette. “You won’t have to drive through Elmore street and you
will be home in less than half an hour.”
“That’s so sweet of you Jerry! Thank you so much.”
“No problem.” he said smiling.
Carol inserted the tape into the stereo. “Hi Carol! Now go to St.
Andrews street and I’ll tell u from there.”, the tape said. In about
10 seconds the Jerry started again.. “You must have reached now.”
“Yup, I’m here!,” Carol said to herself.
“Now turn left into Evergreen High Road.” Carol took a left turn.
“Now take another left turn into Coral Cliff.” Carol stopped! She knew
she had been here before and it wasn’t a good memory. She couldn’t
avoid the horrid feeling that was coming over her.
“Can you see me now Carol? I know you can.” The tape kept repeating.
Carol watched in horror as Jerry came slowly towards her with the most
evil look on his face. “Surprised are you? Do you remember Matt by any
She froze. This couldn’t be happening, she kept telling herself. “I
didn’t kill him Jerry. Please don’t do this to me.” Carol said with
tears in her eyes.
“Oh carol, you knew this would happen some day didn’t you? I told you,
I’ll be back.”
All the harsh memories came back to her. How she had killed Matt. How
cruelly she’d pushed him when he was hanging on the cliff instead of
saving him and she could still remember that bleeding face of his…all
he said before he fell was- “I’ll be back Carol…I’ll be back.” and he
let go of the cliff he was hanging on. Crashing into the rocks.
Thousands of feet below. It had taken Carol years to forget the
horrible incidence but now…….he was actually back!
Jerry was Matt. He was with her all this time and he had waited for
the right time to kill her. “Now Carol… Lets be considerate and not
waste each others’ time right. C’mon jump!”
He was laughing. That cruel laugh!
Carol hastily tried to open the car door, her hands were shaking. It
wouldn’t budge. She ran as fast as she could but it was as if an
invisible wall had trapped her. She knew she had no other option but
to die this painful death.
Carol slowly walked to the edge of the cliff. She shut her eyes and
prayed…“Dear God, please don’t let me feel the pain and if possible
forgive me for any sin I’ve committed, Amen,” and Carol jumped!! She
tumbled and crashed into solid rocks -deep deep down below and then…it
was all over!