Essay PreviewMore ↓
for in life.
Yesterday, I woke up as the first sunrays stroked my eyes. Once again
I was getting ready for another torrid and exhausting day. Mother and
my five siblings were still asleep. I am the oldest. Our father was
killed in a mining incident two years ago, its not strange since 10
people die everyday trying to make a living. Since his death life has
been very difficult. Being the oldest has a very big inconvenient, I
get to do most of the work.
I grabbed the small and insignificant piece of bread and left the tin
How to Cite this Page
"Original Writing." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Nov 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Original Writing My writing as a poet has been heavily influenced by writers like Langston Hughes, Nikki Giovanni, Alice Walker and Slam poets such as Black Thought and the Last Poets. These writers write and speak about the struggles and uniqueness of Black culture. Their individual experiences and political stances as well as the influences of other artist are evident in their work. For example in Giovanni’s poem “Revolutionary Music” she quotes some of the lyrics from Sam Cooke and James Brown to illustrate her personal views on racism and the equal rights movements.... [tags: Plagiarism Influence Authors Argumentative Essays]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- Original Writing My parents had gone to my dad’s work’s dinner and dance and my sister had gone to the pub with some friends. I was home alone. I was sitting in the living room watching the cricket on TV, when I got a phone call: it was my sister, I couldn’t understand her and then I hung up, I thought to myself that was a bit weird, but thought nothing of it. She got back about two minutes later, she said “I’ve been in a car crash” she said. She was with two mates, one had been in the car with her and the other had been driving behind her.... [tags: Free Essays]
396 words (1.1 pages)
- Original Writing Krrrriiiinnggg!!!. Ah, the sound of that bell never sounded so blissful on that day. It was time for our so-called sem-break while actually having trimesters. Everyone was so eager to get out of the classroom and go to their pre-planned gimmicks. Some were going to malls, some to their usual hang-out place, and others were itching to play basketball. I thought this break would be a lot of fun and that it would be a very good opportunity for me to catch up on the sleep I have been missing.... [tags: Papers]
451 words (1.3 pages)
- Original Writing The Rink, a place of glory, and defeat, a place of love, and hate. As you walked down the tiled corridor, your foot steps echo back and forth, your breath joins the echoing so the foot steps are not lonely. You are walking across at fast pace but as you go past there is pictures nailed up on the wall showing faces of delight. Looking at these pictures you hear shouting and cheering, it was the caught moment of past glory; it was a picture of you. There in fount of you there is a brass shiny door knob, you place your worn hand on it and as you do there is a white flash.... [tags: Free Essays]
407 words (1.2 pages)
- Original Writing I can't have been more than about 3 at the time. This is the main reason I can't remember much about this particular time. From the snippets I do remember, I shall try to explain to you, my last few days before I had to leave Turkey to come to London. I didn't actually know that this day was going to be different from any other; but when you're 3 you don't actually have much control over what your day will be like so this was pretty much a given. My first memory of the day consists of the daily routines after you get up: washing your face, brushing your teeth.... [tags: Papers]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- Original Writing "A distant howl broke the silence" "Come on, time to go!" I heard Mum shouting. I quickly jumped off my bed and grabbed my green rucksack. On the way out of the bedroom I whipped my baseball off the peg and sat it on my head. Down the stairs I ran and stroked the cat on my way out. It was time to go. I spent the last week packing and unpacking my bag. I was so excited that I couldn't think about anything else. This was finally the day I had been looking forward to for the last two months.... [tags: Papers]
657 words (1.9 pages)
- Original Writing I will be writing a story about an American Family, who has a very intelligent twelve year old child. Who has to undergo an Intelligence test, to see how bright he actually is. After a few hours of waiting, the results return and prove to be conclusive, and, as a result the boy is forced to have his brain removed. And replaced because he is seen as a threat to the future. It is either this, or faces Imprisonment. 'So, it's tomorrow then?', groaned the twelve year old boy.... [tags: Papers]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Original Writing Having always been of an inquisitive mind, the complex processes involved in the natural sciences especially fascinate me; which is why I have chosen to study biomedical science for my degree subject. What I enjoy most about the study of living organisms is the ability to study them right down at its cellular level and learning about the endless ways in which factors can affect them in health and disease. The accomplishments gained from simply knowing how cells function make research worthwhile, since the exciting paths encompassing the ideas in cytology can lead to so many beneficial advantages to society, for example in uses such as biotechnolog... [tags: Papers]
553 words (1.6 pages)
- Original Writing A crunch of pebbles as a perfectly crafted square of engineered metal falls to the beach. 5 figures crawl from their vessel onto a dreary beachhead. The rain beat down on a terrible Tuesday night. Silver, a man in his prime of physical fitness, shivered in the cold. Like lambs his men followed him intently, without question. In their minds, however, they were at home. With their wives and girlfriends, away from the war. Too many men have perished on this 2-mile stretch of coastline for man to contemplate, for a war that is yet to be understood.... [tags: Papers]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- Original Writing The tranquil skyline of New York was the setting for my office. I was on the 42nd floor working for the world leading G.H.Martin & Son, the stockbrokers. My office had some of the most beautiful views in the world. You could look out of the window and look at all of the boats in the docks going about their daily business. When I used to stay at work late, you could see the beautiful red sun going down behind the buildings, I could not have wished for anything better.... [tags: Papers]
618 words (1.8 pages)
is not bigger than a normal bathroom. We don’t have much space and
many times I have to sleep outside. The
floor is muddy and there is only one mattress, which I picked three
years ago from the outsides of our town. It is mouldy and home to
thousands of maggots and other bugs. Mother sleeps on it. She is very
ill and very rarely gets out of bed. The roof of the shanty house is
heavily rusted, and has many holes. We have tried to cover the holes
with plastic bags and scotch tape, but when it rains water always gets
into the hut.
I have to walk a lot to get to my work. My overseer is very strict
with time, and if I get late one time, I shall forget my work. He is
very cruel. He makes us work a lot and for long periods of time. My
job is to transport water from the river to his farm to water his
crops. This job is very tiring, but it’s the only way Mother will get
better. My overseer gives me some medications in return. I also earn a
few dollars a week by picking up wheel rims and bumpers along the
highway and selling them to recycling centres. The cans, bottles, and
other more commonly recycled items are quickly scavenged, but no one
thinks to take wheel rims and bumpers, which are actually very common
along this highway because of the poor quality of the road. Often a
rich person on his way from the capital to his resort home will hit a
rock and lose his rims along the road but will not stop because he is
too scared to get out of his car here.
Life in the shanty town is dangerous but not so bad. Nobody usually
bothers my family or me because they know we are too poor to have
anything. We have very tough times in here and many times I see myself
forced to steel. I don’t like this. Every time I steel something I
feel cold and empty but we have to survive somehow.
In the shantytown I live in, there is this girl, Camila. She is
beautiful. Her golden hair matches perfectly with her navy blue eyes.
She is the one and only friend I have. The problem is that she comes
from a higher society class. I met her while I was with my friend Tulu
fixing some rich man car rims. Many times she escapes and comes over
to see me.
Yesterday, after working I went looking for rims. It was hot,
unbearable hot. While I was walking I saw Tulu in the distance. I
wasn’t willing to come across him. He is upset with me because he
thinks that he saw Camila first and that he should have her for
himself. Tulu was crying. When I saw him I forgot everything I had
against him and approached.
“Hey, what’s wrong?”
I said with a very false tone.
“Its Nina, she’s very sick and nearly dying and there’s nothing I can
do about it”
When I heard this I burst out crying, not being able to control myself
because He reminded me of the situation Mother was in. We hugged
ourselves, we hugged so hard we felt each others bones. I will never
forget that moment.
All in all it wasn’t as bad as it seemed. My fears for the future are
increasing as days pass. Now the most important thing is that Mother