Essay PreviewMore ↓
He was walking towards me. I was so nervous! I checked my hair and
make-up, put on a bit of lipstick and I was all set to go. But who was
I kidding? My knees were as weak as jelly, just like they always were
when I saw him. I took in a deep breath as he flashed me a perfect
" Hi Alex". His deep voice always spread butterflies into my stomach.
" Hi Charlie, how's it going?"
" Good, good. Umâ€¦ me and a few mates are going down to the movies
tonight, fancy being my date?"
I had been waiting for this night for all my Secondary School life!
Charlie Watts was finally asking me out! After months of looking at
each other from afar, it was finally happening!
" Umâ€¦" my tongue swelled to double its normal size so I couldn't
speak. " I'd love to! What time shall we meet?"
" I will pick you up at 7. That ok?"
" That's perfect! See you tonight?"
" Right, bye!" and with a wink, he swaggered away with pride.
I stopped my self squealing with girlie delight as I walked home.
Going out with Charlie would improve my social status so much! He was
the most popular guy in school, not to mention years older than me!
Going out with him will make my life long dream come true, which was
to be cool and popular.
I got home at around 4:30, and immediately started getting ready. If
tonight was going to be the best night of my life, I had to look good
for it! I showered, dried my hair about a hundred times, did my make
up and painstakingly picked out my outfit! I finished getting ready at
6:45, so I sat on the wall outside my house.
At 7 on the dot, a car came banging down my road. It looked about
thirty years old, was rusty and falling apart. It looked as safe as a
How to Cite this Page
"Crash and Burn - Original Writing." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- After the plane crashes and the boys find each other, they are scared and helpless. However, after establishing rule and living on the island for some, the boys transform into blood thirsty savages. Because Ralph found and blew into the conch, all surviving members of the plane crash are able to come to one place. The boys call for a vote and Ralph is elected leader. Then Jack, Ralph, and Simon go up to the mountain top to search for a way off. However, on the way back, they find a piglet but Jack can 't bring himself to kill it (Page 23).... [tags: KILL, English-language films, Hunting]
1213 words (3.5 pages)
- Crash Landing - Original Writing Everything was going okay at first, everyone was talking and getting to know each other, except me, I just sat in the corner, I don't like socializing that much with people I don't know, and plus , I was missing my mum. I peered across the room looking at each of the boys who were with me and noticed a small rat-like boy walking over. He had very small thin-like fingers and almost scale like skin, greenish eyes and a long thin nose. He looked very mischievious, but as we began talking and getting to know each other he seemed okay.... [tags: Papers]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- James Kelman's story, The Burn has been interpreted as a universal representation of the condition of the working class in an oppressive society. Also, critics have brought to light the stylistic accomplishment of Kelman's writing; his ability to use language to bring to bear a psychological and emotional state of being within a fraction of an individual’s life; but, there is another perspective that may have been an unintentional result of his genius as a writer. His unnamed character gives us an additional lens to view his journey.... [tags: The Burn Essays]
1263 words (3.6 pages)
- I'm Pregnant- Original Writing- "Incomplete Esssay" Background Information:- Young girl of sixteen called Cathy has found out that she is pregnant; she has decided to break the news to her long term boyfriend named Conner who is seventeen. Cathy is very nervous about the situation as she does not know how Conner is going to react. Cathy has known she is pregnant for a week but it has taken her this long to build up the courage to say something. To make matters worse her parents come from a strongly religious Catholic background which means if she tells her parents she could face having no moral support as sex before marriage is not approved and abortions are... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- It’s a beautiful morning, as my group of friends and I wake up, we hear the pounding and the thrashing of the water slamming on the moss covered granite rock, I go down the eroded leaf covered pathway to fetch water just like I would do every morning, the sun had just begun to rise, the mixture of scarlet red, orange, and a bleach-like yellow beaming against the hurried water of the river that led into the waterfall shone like flakes of gold floating on top of the whitening water. The serene environment of the surrounding rocks overlooking the waterfall, the ambience of water clashing against the granite, and the aroma of the white pine filling the forest is an awe inspiring experience to al... [tags: Odor, Olfaction, Smell, Burn]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- I remember; Oh I remember. I remember the flowers, the fog, the ocean. I loved collecting the swirly shells, delicate little things that lay on the shore. I remember the waves, the push the pull, the tranquility, the silence. I always came here, ever since I was 4. I liked the ocean, it made me feel like the sky is the limit. The ocean was a good place, until that one morning. I remember the cold, crisp winter morning, the mist, the figure that came out of the fog. I remember the man, the man was crying.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
621 words (1.8 pages)
- Crash by Jerry Spinelli Setting: This book starts out in this kids house his name is crash. Then they go to the arcade. That is where they spend most of the story. Then close to the end they go to the riverside. Main Character: Crash he is the only one mentioned in this whole book. He is the main main character. He is tall has blonde hair, brown eyes, and has glasses. He has a funny personality. He just wants to have fun. On the outside he is a weird, tall, skinny guy on the outside but a lost, hopeless, scared boy on the inside.... [tags: Jerry Spinelli Crash]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- Original Writing My parents had gone to my dad’s work’s dinner and dance and my sister had gone to the pub with some friends. I was home alone. I was sitting in the living room watching the cricket on TV, when I got a phone call: it was my sister, I couldn’t understand her and then I hung up, I thought to myself that was a bit weird, but thought nothing of it. She got back about two minutes later, she said “I’ve been in a car crash” she said. She was with two mates, one had been in the car with her and the other had been driving behind her.... [tags: Free Essays]
396 words (1.1 pages)
- Original Writing The insatiable hunger ravaged Velkan from within; it burned within his soul. The hunger consumed him from within. He could sense the prey ahead. Once, the sense had had the right to a name but it was gone with the remainder of Velkan’s humanity. He delved into that shattered husk that was all that remained of Velkan son of Vlad and recalled a single word; smell. However, smell is was an inadequate term for what the sense had become. It had become something more, a second sight, it became a swirling mass of scent almost visible as clouds of colour.... [tags: Papers]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- The Crash ........ as Jesse stumbled down the stairs, he could hear the weeping and he knew that something had gone wrong. He cried out, "what's going on?" "Jesse this is officer Potter, and he would like to talk to you," wept his grandmother. "What's the problem officer?" mumbled Jesse half asleep, rubbing his eyes. "Well, Jesse I don't know how to tell you this, but this morning on I-43 your dad was in a very terrible accident. He was hit by a semi truck heading south on the interstate.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
903 words (2.6 pages)
Charlie jumped out of the car and swayed a little as he came to join
me on the pavement. I could smell the vodka on his breath from a mile
He managed a slurry 'hello', kissed me on the cheek and led me to the
far side of the car. He clambered into the seat, and I slid in after
him. The contents of the car look just as bad as the outside of it. I
recognised the driver and the other two passengers from Charlie's
year. None of them decided to greet me, except the driver, who looked
back at me with bloodshot eyes, and managed a staggered 'hello'.
Everything about the situation screamed 'accident', but I decided to
ignore my gut feelings and stayed in the car as it coughed and
spluttered its way into motion. The driver was going so fast, when
ever we turned a corner I hung on for my life, scared that I would be
flung from the car. The seat belts weren't exactly sturdy.
Out of nowhere, another car came whizzing around the corner. The
driver tried a dodgey swerve, but he didn't pull away in time. We
collided head on with the other car. All I can remember is the
horrifying sound of bones breaking and crunching metal.
I awoke on the pavement. I couldn't fell my legs but could see that
they were very badly injured. My chest heaved and my head was dripping
with sweat and blood. I could see paramedics running towards me with a
trolley, and blacked out again.
The next time I woke up I was in a hospital bed. All I could see was
wires coming out of me and going into a loud, beeping machine. I tried
to speak but all I could manage was short rasping sounds.
A nurse materialised by my side, and checked the machines and my fluid
" Alex, Alex, can you hear me? My name is Emily. You were in a
terrible car crash. You were very badly injured, and have had a couple
of operations. I'm really sorry, but your legs were beyond repair".
From then on I've been in a wheelchair. My family and I have had to
move into a bungalow, and I've had to move school. Life has been
All this happened because all I wanted to be was cool and popular. I
regret it so much. So do me a favour. From now on, follow your gut
feelings and be happy with who you are.