Essay PreviewMore ↓
In this essay I will explore the reasons why Hitler became the Fuhrer
of Germany and shall study in detail the chain of events that helped
him to do this.
On February 27th 1933, just after Hitler became chancellor the
Reichstag building mysteriously caught fire and burned down. A Dutch
communist, Marinus Van der Lubbe, was found with matches in his
pocket. There and then he was charged the crime of setting the
Reichstag building alight, and later confessed. He was executed on
trial. People still believe that the Nazis some how set the building
on fire themselves, as there is no concrete evidence to suggest that
it was the young Dutchman, and that the confession wasn't forced out
of him. There is some evidence to suggest this theory is correct.
There was a secret passageway that ran from the SA's office to the
Reichstag building. No one could prove this theory; and Hitler
immediately after the fire claimed it was a communist plot to bring
down the Government. This worked in his favour, as the Communists were
a threat to him.
The March 1933 election brought the Nazis 44% of the vote, more than
ever before. However the Nazis needed 50% of the vote to have the
total control that they wanted. They would have to join with another
party, that party was the Nationalist party. This was a breakthrough
for the Nazis.
Now that Hitler had control of the Reichstag he pressed home his
advantage and introduced the Enabling Law, which would allow him to
rule unopposed. To get the law it had to be approved by two thirds of
the Reichstag, which became an obstacle, Hitler simply didn't have
this, he had half the Reichstag's approval. Hitler's next move was to
take away the 81 seats belonging to the communists. Hitler also wanted
to get rid of the Social Democrats; he did this by threatening them
with the SA. After this display other parties gave in, and the
Enabling law was passed by 444 votes to 94.
How to Cite this Page
"Adolf Hitler Becoming the Chancellor of Germany." 123HelpMe.com. 05 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- People have been idolizing leaders forever. These idolized leaders may be good or they may be bad. Adolf Hitler was born in Austria in April 1889. In August 1914, despite being an Austrian citizen, he joined the German Army to fight in World War I. After the war his German patriotism grew since he was bitter over Germany losing. In 1932 Hitler ran for German president but, was elected as chancellor. A year after being appointed as chancellor, he became the head of state as well. Hitler was the leader of Germany from 1933-1945.... [tags: Adolf Hitler, World War II, Germany]
1726 words (4.9 pages)
- Adolf Hitler was a ruthless dictator of Nazi Germany, and he is known for the brutal concentration camps he implemented. The parliamentary democracy prominent in Germany after World War I came to an end with the rise of the Nazis. Adolf Hitler was then appointed chancellor on January 30, 1933. When Hitler came into power, Germany citizens lost all natural rights. On February 29, 1933, the government no longer had to get permission from parliament for officers to take action. The state did not have a say in matters, and the state took the first step to Adolf 's dictatorship.... [tags: Nazi Germany, Adolf Hitler, The Holocaust, Jews]
1510 words (4.3 pages)
- Adolf Hitler On April 20, 1889, the world was changed forever when Adolf Hitler was born to Alois and Klara Hitler in a little town named Braunau-am-Inn, Austria. Alois worked as a customs officer on the border crossing near their hometown. Adolf was the third born in his family, but first to survive. Later would come Edmund, who would live to the age of six, and Paula who would live to out survive Adolf himself. With a poor record in school, Adolf Hitler dropped out with ambitions of becoming an artist.... [tags: essays research papers]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- Adolf Hitler was born and raised in Austria. From the early start of his life he had a very brutal look on life. When he moved to Munich his life on the streets worsened his views. In the 30s he moved to seize power and make Germany a dictatorship. After becoming Dictator he used his powers to cleanse the nation. His racial views on life and brutal tactics made Germany a world Power. Hitler was born on the eve of April 20th 1889. He had two sisters and a brother. The first three children of his mom Ida Hitler died shortly after their birth.... [tags: Biography]
1320 words (3.8 pages)
- Adolf Hitler “Germany will either be a world power or will not be at all.” (Hitler 137) Hitler was driven by his hunger for power, causing the death of millions of innocent people. No one could have known the dramatic effect this man would soon have on the world. Adolf Hitler’s life began in Austria on April 20, 1889. Born at the Braunqu-am-inn. Hitler had four siblings Gustav Hitler, Ida Hitler, Paula Hitler, and Edmund Hitler. Gustav and Ida Hitler died in their infancy, while his brother Edmund Hitler died at the age of six.... [tags: Biography ]
1408 words (4 pages)
- Biography. Adolf Hitler was born in Braunau, Austria on April 20, 1889. Adolf's father, Alois, was 52 years old and his mother, Klara, was 28 years old. Adolf's mom and dad were second cousins. Adolf had 7 siblings but only 4 made it to adulthood. Soon after Adolf was born his father retired from being a customs official, and the family moved to Linz, Austria. Alois had a bad temper and would beat Adolf if he did not mind. However, Adolf was a very bright student. He received good grades in elementary school and was very well liked.... [tags: Biography Biographies Bio]
1223 words (3.5 pages)
- Adolf Hitler Hitler. The name says it all. He is said to be the incarnation of absolute evil. The devil himself. There have many dictators in the twentieth century that were considered harsh dictators; Mussolini,Stalin, Saddam Hussein, but no one like Adolf Hitler. Hitler’s rule over Germany had a major impact on history and the entire world. Adolf Hitler held the most powerful and cruelest dictatorship of the 20th century. Adolf Hitler was born April 20, 1889 in the small Austrian village of Braunau Am.... [tags: Papers]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- In 1889, Adolf Hitler was born in Braunau an Inn, Austria-Hungary to Klara and Alois Hitler. Hitler did extremely well in primary school; his grades were above average. Hitler's father wanted him to enter the civil service and thus sent him to Realschule, a secondary school that emphasized modern languages and technical subjects. Since Hitler wanted to be an artist, he purposely did poorly in Realschule. His father died in 1903 and the absence of a fatherly figure led to Hitler's dropping out of school entirely.... [tags: Nazi Essays]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Adolf Hitler was born in 1889 in a small town called Braunau, Austria by a loving mother named Klara Poelzl Hitler, and an abusive and alcoholic father named Alois Hitler. After becoming chancellor of Germany in 1933, he would lead one of the most barbaric and inhumane regimes in history. The purpose of this paper is to discuss how isolationism and solidarity played a role in the life of this evil leader, both on a personal and political level. Although Adolf’s mother was loving, she lived in constant fear of Alois because he often beat her and the children.... [tags: essays research papers]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- Adolf Hitler was a German political and government leader. And he is one of the 20th century’s most powerful dictators, when he ruled Germany from 1933 to 1945.He turned Germany into a powerful war machine and provoked World War II in 1939,when he invaded Poland. He built the Nazi party into a mass movement. For sometime he dominated most of Europe and North Africa. He caused the slaughter of millions of Jews and others whom he considered inferior. Adolf Hitler was born on April 20,1889 in Branau am Inn, Austria.... [tags: essays research papers]
1346 words (3.8 pages)
- Relationships in Long Distance by Tony Harrison and My Grandmother by Elizabeth Jennings
- Hitchcock Deserves His Status as an Auteur
- The Most Monstrous Being In Mary Shelley's Novel, Frankenstein
- An Exploration of Evil and Its Development Within William Shakespeare's Macbeth
- Character Study of Gollum from Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers
- Comparison of two Cookery Programmes
The next stage in Hitler's master plan was to remove his opposition.
In June 1933 the Social Democratic party was banned; and others
followed. One month later Hitler introduced the Law against Formation
of new parties. The Nazis now ran Germany single handily. The next to
go was the anti-Nazi Trade Unions. Hitler then set out to make a Nazi
present in each important job in the country.
After all of this however there was still one threat to the Nazis;
there former ally, the SA. The SA's leader Ernst Roehm had more
extravagant views and ideas than Hitler. One of these ideas was to
take control of the German Army. This was a threat to Hitler; he could
not afford to let it happen. The Night of the long Knives occurred on
the 30th June 1934. Hitler ordered the SS to arrest members of the SA,
and over the next few days many members were arrested; and shot.
Hitler later explained events to the Reichstag, they believed him.
Hitler had saved the Nation. Hitler was almost there he had done the
hard work. He and the Nazi Party were practically unopposed.
President Hindenburg had watched events unfold in front of him. He was
the only man in the country that had more power than Hitler. And on
the 2nd August 1934, aged 87 he died. Hitler wasted no time declaring
himself President. He was the Fuhrer of Germany.
Hitler went from a controlled chancellor to President in a small
amount of time. He did it bit by bit. His plan worked perfectly,
no-one saw it coming. Nazi Rule in Germany was underway.