Essay PreviewMore ↓
· Are you doing what God told you? Are you doing and being what God intended?
· Gn.1.27-28 ~ 27 So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
· We talk about the "blessing" of God, and usually tend to focus more on the goods received, rather than the commission that is transferred with the blessing.
· The blessing is not only something you get, but it's something you give. The blessing isn't just for receiving, it's for achieving.
· The blessing is a loving command to sow and reap and sow and reap and sow and reap. It's WORK!
· God's blessing is that He permits you the privilege of doing and being in His will.
· If you don't occupy yourself doing the will of God while you're here, you'll end up just "hanging out" and doing foolish, idle things. Before you know it, you'll end up thinking of something really stupid to do, wind up getting in trouble, and then end up out of school.)
· And know something, too…whatever happens to the ones you hang around with, will more than likely end up happening to you also. Adam and Eve were busying themselves in disobedience together (Genesis 3:6 ~ And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food, and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat).
· By the way, the first act of disobedience was not that they ate of the tree - it's that they disobeyed by not adhering to the blessing pronounced upon them…to "be fruitful and multiply". Note: they didn't have any kids until after "the fall" (Genesis 4.1). They were too busy minding their curiosities about the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. It's interesting how "Good" and "Evil" are associated in this one tree. So many times "Good" can be "Evil". "Good" things are not always "God".
How to Cite this Page
"Doing the Blessing." 123HelpMe.com. 26 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Five Paragraph Essays: A Blessing or a Curse I 'd like to say that my style as a writer has come a long way. However I would not argue I still may have much farther to go as well. My Sophomore year of high school was the golden year for five paragraph essays, what I mean is I was constantly writing essays in a five paragraph format, and looking back on I see that as a blessing as well as a curse. It was a gift because to write a five paragraph essay became extremely easy for me. Yet, it was a cure because to write in any other form became much more difficult.... [tags: Rhetoric, Writing, Five paragraph essay, Essay]
832 words (2.4 pages)
- Although the unemployment rate is decreasing compared to the last few years, having a job is a blessing. An even greater blessing is having a job that you love. Since the job market is competitive, many people are settling to work at companies they are unhappy with to earn a means of income. A highly low satisfaction career is within the profession of education. Teachers report having low satisfaction with their job, with a correlated mixture of low motivation. Because of these obstacles, job performance may be suffering as well.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Motivation]
876 words (2.5 pages)
- Technology can be two fold; it can be a blessing and a curse. It has forever impacted and changed social interaction. We live in a day where it is hard to get away from the screen, either the phone or computer and any other electronic devices, not only for work but also for leisure. We are forgetting how to reconnect, recharge, and relax. Thus, it has been requested we should, for one day, unplug ourselves from technology. Will this be beneficial. The idea of a technology Sabbath is beneficial in three ways: in recharging and relaxing, in deepening friendship, and attending and listening to people’s messages better.... [tags: Communication, Distraction, Instant messaging]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Cyberspace: Home, Sweet Home. There is no denying the ambivalence that surrounds modern technology. In a world where apathy is uncommon, people could debate for days about whether technology is a blessing or a curse. But their deliberations are futile. Even if they came to a consensus, would it matter. Humans will never stop using technology, even if it is discovered that it is detracting greatly from their lives; they are willing to accept both the negative and positive consequences that come along with using it.... [tags: technology, screens, time]
523 words (1.5 pages)
- Imagine yourself or a loved one in a vegetable state, lying in a hospital bed. Suffering endlessly, knowing they would hate going on like that. If the option to end the pain and agony was available, knowing they would take it, why not let them. Euthanasia is the answer to relieving these patients of their endless troubles. Giving them the option to end their lives instead of suffering daily does not take away from the sanctity of life. It is a person’s right to choose his or her fate, especially when they are making such a delicate choice.... [tags: assisted-suicide, legalization]
1705 words (4.9 pages)
- American Identity and Food’s: Blessing or a Curse Is American identity and food a blessing or a curse. Do you know what’s in your food before it goes in your child’s mouth. Do you know what G.M.O’s are. Today, there are so many avenues to get something to eat from fast food, food trucks, and even restaurants. People are finding new way to eat healthier, be more aware of what they eat, and changing their lifestyle when it comes to food. In mainstream culture, celebrities like Beyoncé, Prince, and Ariana Grande have glamorized this new diet, creating a fad behind this movement.... [tags: Nutrition, Cooking, Food, Vegetarianism]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- Being a first generation American is a wonderful blessing in many ways, you can strive for opportunities that were probably not available to your parents and you have a lot of control in the way you wish to lead your life. It can also be a great burden however; a lot can be expected of you. My parents immigrated to the United States after living seven difficult years in Jordan as refugees. They fled their home country of Iraq to Jordan with nothing but the clothes on their backs and me as a 6-month old child to escape imminent war.... [tags: Medicine, Physician, High school, Pediatrics]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- Blessing and Vultures In the poems ‘Blessing’ and ‘Vultures’, the poets both use vivid descriptive language to create pictures and moods. In ‘Blessing’, the poet begins the second stanza with the word ‘imagine’. This word involves the reader and tells them to create a mental picture of the scene. He uses lots of onomatopoeia in this stanza. Words like ‘drip’ and ‘splash’ create an image of a small amount of water falling into a tin mug. This also creates a mood of thirst and drought. The stanza is finished with the line “the voice of a kindly god.” This personifies the water and makes it seem heavenly.... [tags: English Literature]
534 words (1.5 pages)
- Adolescence is a period in life where one makes mistakes and learns from them. However, most mistakes have consequences and repercussions. At the age of 17, my parents decided to move the entire family back to our homeland, Dominican Republic, after discovering that my sister and I had been “borrowing” their car while they slept and driving it without driver licenses. After the initial shock and resentment wore off, I realized that moving to Dominican Republic was the best thing that ever happened for three major reasons: I grew closer to my one and only sister, my grades improved, and I became more independent.... [tags: essays research papers]
443 words (1.3 pages)
- In today’s society many people struggle with the concept of economic virtue. We are very quick to recognize a lack of economic virtue in others, but sometimes forget that we may be demonstrating a lack of this vital attribute in our own lives. Creating this trait in our own lives is critical to our happiness. Christ demonstrated an attitude of economic virtue as he went about his ministry. He utilized the resources He had to bless and lift others wherever He went. Even when the resources were limited, he used them to feed thousands.... [tags: Virtue, Value, Blessing, Ethics]
726 words (2.1 pages)
· Some of you don't understand the "blessing" that has been being taught and practiced here everyday before school. It's not a magical phrase like, "Abracadabra". It will have no effect on your life unless you partner yourself to it, and DO IT. It's like being blessed with a business from your father: unless you maintain the business, you will not receive the rewards of the business, and the business will end up folding, crumbling, DYING. I would even go so far as to say that once you have been blessed, if you choose to live outside of the perimeters of that blessing, you will find yourself in a worse state than the one you were in before the blessing. Example: The Prodigal Son (Lk.15). He asked for his blessing and received it. This should tell you that it's OK to ask for a blessing. Amen? But what are you going to do with the blessing? That's the question. The Prodigal Son had received a blessing and decided to try and live outside of the place in which he was blessed, away from the one who blessed him. What happened to him? He reaped a blessing but did not sow it back into the right place. The blessing that you reap from God will only reap more when it is sown into the proper place of the garden in which He has blessed you. The Prodigal Son spent all his money in the wrong place. The place he went to was a land of famine…a land of want and lack (Lk.15.14). He left the place of blessing, which was his father's will for him to abide in. He ended up squandering all he had. He didn't invest the blessing, but just spent it. He was very close to insanity, eating with the swine, and ready to give up. None of this would have ever happened if he had stayed within his father's domain. When you receive a blessing, be assured of one thing - attached to it is a purpose. Do you know why He has blessed you? To enable you to fulfill His will.
· It's easy to see how you can loose everything by going out of the place that God intends. But we see in Genesis, how it is even possible to be in the right place, and yet still loose the blessing by not doing the right thing. God may have placed you here in CFNI just as Adam and Eve were placed in the Garden of Eden. He may have blessed you just as He also blessed Adam and Eve. But don't think you can just sit back and relax and do nothing. Don't think you can just come here and fool around. In order for you to keep the blessing, you must keep focused in prayer on what God's purpose for sending you here and blessing you was. If you don't stay focused, you will waste and squander the blessing that God intended for you, just like Adam and just like the Prodigal Son. Don't think that just because you gave up or sacrificed something great to come here, that God is finished requiring of you. For we know that OBEDIENCE is better than sacrifice. Here is the more difficult part…now it's time to WALK in OBEDIENCE to His will and blessing.
· Just like God asked a question when Adam went from an idle to a disobedient state, let God ask you a question through me. "Where art thou?" Where are you? Why are you not living according to the condition of God's blessing?
· You see, the blessing comes in the form of a seed. You've heard of the Great Commission, now let me suggest His Great Condition. The only way you will continue to be blessed is if you DO something with that seed blessing. If you work and plant it, it will grow and you will be blessed even more
· The blessing you are privileged with, is to become a never ending process of seed and fruit, with more seeds to produce more fruit. Seed/fruit/seed/fruit/seed/fruit.
· The seed blessing that God gave me turned into the fruit of a Pastor-teacher, only because I obeyed and occupied myself with what He blessed me to do. I believed by faith that He called me to Shepherd, and so I did something. Instead of just being idle after the two year program, I made a decision to occupy myself in the School of Pastoral Ministry.
· I have been preparing to be pastor of a new and improved breed. I've been studying and praying hard, because I want to do and be something that this world has never seen before. I've been engaged to Pastoral studies, now, for one year and the blessing that God gave to me, has increased in that time. Remember sacrifice is good, but your continuous obedience will keep you the blessing.
· If I had to sum up what I received from my time in the School of Pastoral Ministries, I would say that:
I learned what to do with what I have.
I am to be fruitful and multiply His Church with the blessing that He has given me of being called to pastor.
· I know there are people here in this auditorium that have that "pastoral stirring" going on inside. Well, instead of being idle after your two years are up, DO something. Stay occupied, and enroll to study in the School of Pastoral Ministries.