Essay PreviewMore ↓
I have played music for over 11 years and I have studied different types of music, like Jazz and blues. But now there is a style that blends these two and more together. This style is called Jam bands. They have been around for years but it did not have a name until now. But it does not just have to do with the band it also has a lot to do with the fans. There is a type of dress and things that they say. I will tell the type of dress, the way the fans talk, and the different bands that are in the scene.
The fans mostly make the stuff that they have with patches and old pants. Now you can buy them in the some stores but it is hard to find them. Shirts with band logos are also a big thing. The next thing that they need are sandals, the best ones are Berkenstoks, this brand is made in Germany and they form to your feet. Now let us look at the winter stuff. The pants will be the same, and so will the shirt. But they also have big pull over sweatshirt. But one of the best things are the hand knit hats and gloves that the people sell at the shows. So there are different things to wear when you are at a show.
The way that the people talk is also different to the way that all other people talk. There are many different slang words that people use to say what they want to. For example, there are ways to say the name of different beers. People call a Newcasle a Newky, and to ask for a Hinnican you would say simply a Hinny. There are also ways to tell people how you are feeling. For example if you were feeling down you would say "I feel low to the flow." It sound a little strange but that is the way that they talk. Another is to say my soil is high today, that would mean that you are in top spirits with yourself. There are ways to put people in to a category like a stoner. A stoner is someone who does to many drugs and talks very slow. It makes me mad to see all of those people effect themselves. If you are always scared that something is going to happen, then you are "sketched out.
How to Cite this Page
"Jam bands." 123HelpMe.com. 23 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Throughout the years there have been many rock-style bands that did not quite fit on rock radio. These bands soon came to be played on "alternative" radio, such as college, community, and pirate stations. Hence the alternative rock moniker stuck for these uniquely different rock bands. Some of my favorite alternative bands from the early 1990's include Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and Radiohead. The Smashing Pumpkins follow their lead singer's, Billy Corgan, theory that, "Great music completely obliterates any conceptions of genre." The Smashing Pumpkins took their local Chicago sound of metal, alt-rock, psychedelic dream pop, and shared it with the world.... [tags: Music]
437 words (1.2 pages)
- During the early 1990s, the musical soundscape of Seattle gave an insight into how modern America demolishes its ever-changing trends. Grunge was one of the best well-known punk rock genre music trends that started out in the Northwest. From guitar playing of Jimi Hendrix to the manic riffs first struck by Kurt Cobain, music from Seattle has established to be both ageless and influential from the Northwest. The Pacific Northwest is a very diverse and music loving cultural area. While the main culture comes from Anglo-Americans and Canadians, there are many other ethnicity influences as well, which make the Northwest so diverse.... [tags: pacific northwest, bands, billboard ]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- ... They won’t look back at this album and say that it was their career’s highest point, (as we can expect far more albums just like this, or even better), but they will look back to the moment when they will be no longer defined by their genre. No longer known as an indie band, nor a rock band, but they will be known as artists. The focus on falsetto, the sexual jolt and the feather light touch seem to be all developments of their new album ‘AM’. Alex Turner’s exposure that he’s continuously on the edge during ‘’Do I wanna know?’’ is definitely enough on its own to warrant a parental advisory label.... [tags: popular rock bands]
911 words (2.6 pages)
- Blueberry Jam Jams, jellies, marmalades and spreads are increasing in popularity in today’s countries. Knowing how to produce these products could potentially offer one a small promising business. This how-to guide will be explaining the process on making jam. Anyone can make jam, but it is having the right tools and ingredients that will help the cook succeed. Based on research, this guide will explain the importance of certain ingredients, like pectin and calcium, are better than others. After reading this guide, readers will be introduced to the jam making process and how-to make jam efficiently.... [tags: Water, Boiling, Pectin, Sugar substitute]
1795 words (5.1 pages)
- Background of the Study In (2004), USDA scientists investigated over 100 foods to measure their antioxidant concentration per serving size. Jam sandwiches are thought to have originated at around the 19th century in the United Kingdom. Two apples - Red Delicious and Granny Smith - ranked 12th and 13th respectively. Antioxidants are disease-fighting compounds. Scientists believe these compounds help prevent and repair oxidation damage that happens during normal cell activity. In Scotland they are known as pieces and jam or jelly pieces.... [tags: market, buko, supply]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- Along with the Beatles, The Rolling Stones are one of the most famous English rock bands to influence America. Introducing teenagers to African American urban blues, and transforming the urban blues into something like high-energized rock and roll are just some of the things the Stones brought to America (Kallen 10-11). The original line-up of the band included; Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts, Brian Jones, Mick Jagger, and Ian Stewart (Kallen 8-9). They have come a long way to get where they are now, and to this day they are still playing their music around the world.... [tags: Music, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones]
1698 words (4.9 pages)
- “Black Betty” – Ram Jam A man by the name of Charles Simic once said, “Poetry is an orphan of silence. The words never quite equal the experience behind them”(Quote Land). Poems have been written for thousands of years. When most people think of poetry, they either think of a sonnet, limerick, all the way down to a haiku. They also think that a poem is something that must be recited, but in reality a poem can also be sang as a song. Lately more and more songs that are being released have a story behind them, trying to express feelings of loneliness, death, or past experiences.... [tags: essays research papers]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Pearl Jam IN retrospect, when we look back at the earlier rantings of grunge today it hovers nebulously like some foggy hangover intermingled with the bittersweet scent of alienation and teen spirit. We remember the blonde haired saviour and martyr Kurt Cobain who will never fade from our memories and remain as the most anguished of them all. We think of Llayne Stayley and Alice In Chains and the intense violence of Chris Cornell and Soundgarden. Alice In Chains have disseminated themselves further into dark and eerie, dusty and arid sparseness while Soundgarden embrace the hoary and psychedelic rock of eras gone by and Nirvana, well, they will always remain alive in our hearts.... [tags: Papers]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- The advertising culture is having a devastating effect on our agendas of becoming the media's ideal of perfection, and behind all of this self-sacrifice the media and corporations are the ones succeeding, not us. In Culture Jam, by Kale Lasn, the founder of Adbusters magazine, he attempts to show the reader what our mass media has been doing subliminally. When the average American thinks of consumerism, we believe it is the promotion of the consumer's interests. What Lasn believes is that we're being told what our interests are and to buy into those false interests.... [tags: Culture Kalle Lasn]
1886 words (5.4 pages)
- There have been all kinds of different types of rock bands throughout the years. Most of the bands have had a different type of style. All of these different types of style are what has shaped today’s music. Some of the bands from the earlier times were: The Beatles, AC/DC, Guns and Roses and the Bee Gees. The Beatles were the greatest and most powerful act of the rock era. They introduced more innovations into popular music than any other rock band of the 20th century. The Beatles grabbed a hold of the attention in 1964 and never let go for the next six years.... [tags: essays research papers]
1705 words (4.9 pages)
Now that we have looked at the people we should look at what brings the people to the shows, the bands. There are lots of band in the scene today and most of them sound different then the others. Phish is the biggest Jam band of today; their shows make millions of dollars a year. But they are taking a break for a few years so that they can get all of the bad people out of the scene. Widespread Panic is also a very good band. The have a very earthy tone to the music. The band itself has 6 members that makes up their sound. The band has two drummers, two guitar players, a bass player, and one organ player. This makes a very large and fool sound. The String Cheese Incident is another band that has the fool sound. They are from Colorado and have been together for 13 years. They are one of my favorite bands. The funny thing is my brother-in-law has lived most of his life with them. Moe is a little different as they have more of a guitar sound. They play really well together and that is one of the most important parts of being a good band. With all the Jam Bands around today you should take the time to see one of them.
Jam bands are all different in their own way, but they all have a good message to the youth of today. There is also a sense of family with the people in the scene, and every one is nice to each other. You can go to different towns and meet people from all over the United State. I know people from over 30 states. But there are people that do things that they should not take drugs and steal things that they need. This is some of the things that we are trying to get rid of so people can have a good time and not harm themselves in any way. I hope if you have the time you will look at some of these groups at www.Jambands.com.