Essay PreviewMore ↓
The Concert involved a variety of instruments performed by the "Cabana Boys." Each of the band members included: alto and tenor saxophones, a trombone, a trumpet, keyboards, bass guitar, drums, and percussion. In the beginning, four songs were performed by "Bravo!" All of which were from the Disney motion picture soundtracks which included: "Circle of Life," "A Whole New World," "Colors of the Wind," "Bells of Notre Dame," "Out There," and the finishing of "Circle of Life." Two of the songs involved two soloists, one of the songs included three soloists, the other included one soloist, and the song "Out There" involved four soloists.
In addition, the final portion of the performance involved the rockabilly medley of Elvis, the Acapella style of "The Penguins", the surf sounds of the Beach Boys, Motown, the British rock of the Beatles, and the 80's sound of Janet Jackson. The final performance ended with the sweet Latin sound of Ricky Martin's "Cup of Life." In many of the last portion of the songs performed were learned from the history of Rock and Roll era. However, some of the songs were recent hits such as: "I'll Be There," and "I'm Your Angel." Four of the soloists even composed an original ditty of their own which I thought was relevant to the light pop sounds of some of today's artists such as the Backstreet Boys and Ninety-Eight degrees. Furthermore, the staging consisted of many dazzling array of lights that are white, red, and blue. All of which gave the stage an illuminating essence of a rock concert.
I believe the concert was well worth the purchase of the ticket. The performers were very talented and in a sense introduced the type of music in the rock and roll era quite eloquently. Even the band, "The Cabana Boys," was generous enough to do a skit in honor of "
How to Cite this Page
"Concert Review of the Cabana Boys." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Oct 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One of the concerts that I have attended was One Direction’s. One direction was formed by a group of boys from London in 2010. These young men were also known as Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. The band started off from a British talent show on television called the X Factor. During the audition, the boys were eliminated as individuals, but Simon Cowell saw great potential in these young men as a group. He decided to make it happen by giving them another chance to perform together, and indeed they became famous ever since the formation of the English-Irish boy band One Direction.... [tags: Concert Report Essays]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- Fly-Boys written by James Bradley, reveals the truth about nine young American World War II pilots that were shot down over the island of Chichi Jima. Out of the nine pilots one was rescued by a submarine. The other eight were captured by the Japanese, and disappeared. After the war the American government, along with the Japanese, covered up everything that had happened on Chichi Jima. Which had meant that the lives of the eight Fly-Boys were erased. Only the American and Japanese governments knew that the pilots survived the war.... [tags: Review of Fly-Boys]
583 words (1.7 pages)
- Jazz Concert Review I enjoy and listen to variety of music from classical music to rap music. I have attended many concerts, mostly symphony bands concerts. However, interestingly, through whole my life, I have never experienced jazz music and I have never been to jazz concert. Therefore, it was hard for me to decide which jazz concerts would give me most pleasure and exciting experience. I researched for jazz concerts listing and I have decided to go to the Ron Eschete Trio Concerts because it was held closed to my house and was free.... [tags: Music Jazz Musical Review Essays]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Writing of a Concert Review Bob Dylan’s songs are filled with inspirational messages. The songs were composed with inspiration and creativity being the main elements of the song. The obvious messages that are presented in the songs make them some of the most inspiring and creative pieces that have ever been produced. While he was performing in the Aver Fish Hall, Dylan presented a performance of 22 songs that were performed by 21 different groups. The performance was meant to be a non-profit show, with the main focus being to raise money for educational purposes (Pareles 1).... [tags: Music Analysis ]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- The Los Angeles County Museum of Art has a website that announces its programs. Anyone can easily find and choose a concert. I chose a concert for Sunday July 25, 2010. This concert was emerging artists from Ipalpiti Festibal 2010. It included the four pieces of music that are described below. One of these was Fantasiestucke, Opus 88, both Romanze and Duet were preformed. This concerto was performed by pianist Luiza Borac, violinist Vladimir Dyo, and cellist Yves Dharamraj. The second piece was Ahnung, a new discovery piece from Kinderszenen.... [tags: Concert]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- Celebrating Congo Concert Review The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill was blessed with the Celebrating Congo concert. The musical duo consisted of Kinoobe and Jaja Bashengezi who each played a variety of different African instruments that told a story of the country they had come from. They played a mixture of African music which expressed their Congo and Uganda culture. In addition, the concert also featured Charanga Carolina ensemble featuring violins, flutes, brass, piano, and flutes.... [tags: Music, Performance, Infant mortality, Audience]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- Concert Assignment Part B On August 2, 2015 I attended Barge music Concerts where I had the chance to familiarize myself with masterworks series of two amazing composers. Antonio Vivaldi and his concerto for 4 violins and orchestra in B minor, RV 580 that were performed in three movements allegro, largo – larghetto and allegro. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and his concerto for Violin and Orchestra No. 3 in G Major, K. 216, that were preform in allegro, adagio, rondeau (allegro). And sinfonia concertante for violin, viola and orchestra in E-flat major, K.... [tags: Johann Sebastian Bach, Concerto]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Concert Review of Slipknot We arrived at the concert around sun set. As we pulled up to the entrance, all I could see was a mass of humans. They scattered around the front of the building, some going in and coming out. In the middle of all the transportation devices there were a few men, in black suits, who pointed in different directions. They stopped groups of humans to allow the transportation devices by and vice versa. We now left our "car" with a group of other "cars" and made our way to the building.... [tags: Papers]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- The first question I asked myself at the beginning of the quarter was how much do I actually know about jazz. I have always characterized jazz music as a rhythmic and instrumental form of music. My impression on the basis of the jazz has always been portrayed with the African-American race. I think this was build up from the rhythm ‘n’ blues era and meaning according to the dictionary (“style of music that was invented by African American musicians in the early part of the twentieth century and has very strong rhythms and often involves improvisation”).... [tags: essays research papers]
549 words (1.6 pages)
- As we all waited in line to go into the concert there was a thrill of excitement in the air. I was standing there with two of my friends when we saw a few other people we knew. " Hey, come over here!" I bellowed. Three tall gothic boys slouched over to us. As we were talking the line started to move in an uneasy shuffle. We neared the entrance, where a tall bouncer with a voice that rumbled like thunder was standing. He asked for our tickets and in unison we passed them to him.... [tags: Descriptive Essays, Descriptive Writing]
812 words (2.3 pages)