Essay PreviewMore ↓
Rich Experience in cosmetics industry
Lancôme has been established in cosmetics market since 1935. Lancôme products have great varieties. Its products include skincare, makeup and fragrance products. In this way, Lancôme's experience of producing many different kinds of cosmetics products has been accumulated for 66 years. This remarkable achievement can make the customers more confident of its products.
Guaranteed Product Qualification
In order to improve the quality of all its products, Lancôme setup several research centers which collaborate with the international medical community to deepen its understanding of skin. Also, there are more than 2000 experts working there who are professional in innovating and developing products in respond to either problematic skin or normal skin.
High Reputation and Professional Image
These two strengths has not been only established by rich experience and large scale of research centers but also promoted by famous model, a unique symbol and institutes. Firstly, the famous models are regarded as intelligence, beauty and spiritual symbols in society, for example, Uma Thurman and Isabella Rosselini. They contributed much in developing and promoting the elegant and professional image of Lancôme's products. Moreover, the unique symbol, Lancôme Fragrance Rose, help to establish a unique and easy to be remembered image of Lancôme. Furthermore, Lancome setup an institute to provide the customers with comprehensive services such as body, skin treatment, massages and lessons in order to enhance its professional image.
Lack of experience in youngster cosmetics market
Despite the rich experience of producing cosmetics products for adult, Lancôme is a new entrant in youngster cosmetics market. This may negatively affect the customers confident of Lancôme products.
A fixed and inflexible image
Lancôme professional image has been established for about 66 years. Also there is no change in the image and it has been fixed during this period. This image is mainly designed for targeting adult but not youngster. In order to develop youngster cosmetics market, Lancôme need to setup a new product line or image, which other
competitors originally possess.
Keen Competition in Cosmetics Market
Recently, the competition in cosmetics market has been very keen. Many cosmetics companies such as Fancl, MaxFactor and Shisheido have started to promote their products by all kinds of media. In order to survive, Lancôme has to develop a new product line to diversify its customer type.
Strong Competitors in youngster cosmetics market
How to Cite this Page
"Lancome and the Cosmetics Industry." 123HelpMe.com. 12 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The American Heritage dictionary defines cosmetology as “The study of cosmetics and their use.” Cosmetology is more than just hair or nails. It’s a massive world of everything from cosmetics to skin care. Cosmetology opens not just one door, but multiple to other careers in this field of work. The career of cosmetology is a positively frantic world because of the different aspects and other related fields. The research will describe the career of being a cosmetologist, what is required to become a successful stylist/cosmetologist, and the impact if this career on society.... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology, Manicure, Skin]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
- MAC cosmetics was founded in Toronto, Canada in 1985 by Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo. This high end makeup was later bought by a parent company, Estée Lauder Companies. In addition to MAC cosmetics, Estée Lauder is a parent company to many other skin care and makeup brands. Makeup is a global product, which explains why MAC is sold in over 40 countries, including Australia and Africa. As a famously known cosmetic line, MAC is able to help raise money for certain foundations, but nonetheless they do a lot of harm to the world’s consumers.... [tags: Cosmetics, Make-up artist, Lipstick, Foundation]
1057 words (3 pages)
- ... Corrective makeup is the application of makeup to hide or conceal areas of the face or body. People can specialize and become very good in corrective makeup by learning different face shapes, different eye shapes, prominent and non prominent foreheads and chins. In corrective makeup it is important to know what colors neutralize each other and what colors do not look right together. Some things corrective makeup are used to cover up are birthmarks, the skin condition rosacea, burns, scars, unwanted tattoos, and other things people may want to hide.... [tags: hair, extensions, eyelash, makeup, types]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- MAC or Make-up Art Cosmetics is a professional makeup brand that prides itself on its diverse market. It was officially launched in Toronto, Canada in March 1984 by creators Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo. Since its acquisition by the Estée Lauder Companies in 1998, it is now sold in over 105 countries including the United Arab Emirates. Being part of the “innovative, and fast paced” cosmetic industry (Kumar et al, 2006) makes MAC’s prospective growth in the UAE challenging. Furthermore, the increasingly competitive nature of the beauty sector in the region heightens the significance of how a company’s marketing strategy adapts to or even shapes certain external forces.... [tags: United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, Cosmetics, Dubai]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- Black|Up and Iman cosmetics share the same demographic. Both brands are trying to reach the multicultural beauty market. With black women spending an “estimated $7.5 billion annually on beauty products, shelling out 80% more on cosmetics and twice as much on skin care as their non-Black counterpart,” reaching this demographic is essential for both cosmetic lines (Bryant). In courting this market, Black|Up and Iman cosmetics differ in marketing strategies. Black|Up cosmetics specifically targets women of color.... [tags: Cosmetics, Human skin color, Marketing]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- A large number of cosmetics and health care products must be tested on animals to guarantee their safety for human use. American women use on average 12 personal care products per day, therefore product safety is of great importance. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) supports the use of animal testing on cosmetics to assure the safety of a product or ingredient ("US Food & Drug Administration", 2015). The Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act of 1938 was passed after a legally advertised toxic mixture killed 107 people, including several children.... [tags: Animal testing, Testing cosmetics on animals]
1556 words (4.4 pages)
- Although cosmetics became widely popular in the 1900s, tombs from 3100 B.C. have revealed that makeup originated in the first Egyptian Dynasty ("The History of Makeup", 1). Researchers found that these cosmetics contained ingredients that ranged from lead to cat dung; both of which are toxic. The use of toxic chemicals in cosmetics, such as coal tar, negatively impacts a person's health. Cosmetic companies put consumers' health at risk due to the use of toxic chemicals, marketing ploys and failure to properly regulate their own products and the chemicals they contain.... [tags: Toxic Chemicals in Cosmetics]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- Should animals suffer for cosmetics. In many countries animals are still used for research. However, it has been a controversial issue that people were supporting it and were against it. People have been arguing for many years against it. First of all, I read an article from PETA (People for the ethical Treatment of animals) which reported growing opposition to animal testing in US. In this I found that many people in the US are against it which made me think to find out more about it. Scientists believe that animal testing is acceptable because it is used for diseases.... [tags: Animal testing, Testing cosmetics on animals]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- Vanity, self esteem, and covering our imperfections are just a few of the reasons Americans are obsessed with cosmetics. The cosmetic industry has become a multi-billion dollar industry in the United States. Although cosmetics and treatments have changed over the centuries, the purpose remains the same- to improve and enhance our appearance. Cosmetics not only provide us with more beautiful features, flawless skin, and less wrinkles, they have become a part of who we are. The practice of makeup and cosmetic application first originated in the era of the Ancient Egyptians around 4000 BC.... [tags: Health & Beauty]
1389 words (4 pages)
- MAC (Makeup Art Cosmetics) is originally a Canadian company that has been operating for more than 20 years and it has already penetrate to many countries all around the world, in the North and South America at most. It sells brand cosmetics of high quality that is intended for professional as well as everyday usage. The brand is sought-after also by many celebrities, fashion models, and photographers because of its delicate texture, huge choice of colors, and durability. The products are usually very well tolerated on every skin type and MAC make-up items are also suitable for women with sensitive eyes (MAC, 2007, p.... [tags: mac cosmetics report]
1884 words (5.4 pages)
The Market segment of age group of 10-15 has not yet been developed
In these years, many market dominants mainly develop the middle-aged group customers, for example, SK II. However, the market segment of youngster is now been less concerned. In this way, we may be benefits a lot from taking advantage of this market segment.