Essay PreviewMore ↓
"Can't we buy some cookies Rachel", my fat little sister called over to me. She had three huge bags of chocolate chip cookies in her chubby hands. "I'm starving." She drives me nuts.
"No, there's no time for us to contribute to your huge appetite Amy. We have to go, I do not really like the stares that I'm getting." I knew that my new bikini was a little tight but who cares? The only thing I thought would attract attention would be my pale white stomach. Wearing a bathing suit shouldn't really be considered a crime this day in age and I don't know why guys go nuts over it. As soon as we walked into that store the boy at the register was staring at me! What a pervert. Why do they always drool over us? Bethany sure didn't seem to mind, it's too bad she's ugly. That boy was looking at me.
It's an everyday thing. Being stared at. Just because someone is so gorgeous it doesn't mean that you can just sit there and stare at him or her. It's a bathing suit! It's not like I'm naked. Men can be so immature! I'm sure that if a man walked in, right after we left, in just a bathing suit, no one would care.
"Hey Rach, that guy must think you're a goddess or something, he's been following us up and down every aisle," Amy said.
"Maybe it's because you keep picking up all that junk-food crap that we don't need. You make women look bad, pig." I'm usually worse to her, but it's okay, she's my sister. By now the entire store was looking at us. "What is your problem?" I thought in my mind. Women and men alike looked at us as if we were a trio of cheap corner hookers.
How to Cite this Page
"The Nerve." 123HelpMe.com. 10 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The first way Laila’s brain guesses that her fiends have ordered pizza at the dorm is because of her ability to smell the pizza. Her ability to smell is because her first cranial nerve, also known as the olfactory nerve, is functioning well. This nerve is responsible for relaying sensory data to the brain and results in the sense of smell. Olfactory receptors are located in the mucosa in the nasal cavity. When airborne chemicals and particles travel to the nasal cavity, they interact with the receptors.... [tags: Cerebrum, Brain, Lateral geniculate nucleus]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- 2006 Blood was leaking from his back. He was lying face down in the field after the FBI Agent had shot him to stop him from running. The nerve of the Bastard. There was the sound of footsteps walking towards him. The footsteps stopped and the FBI agent stood still and stared at him for a moment before speaking. "Was it all worth it. The FBI agent asked, and when he didn 't get a response he continued speaking "Look you can do something good for once in your life and tell me who else part of it was," "Fuck you," he instantly replied.... [tags: Federal Bureau of Investigation]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- Trigeminal nerve is among the twelve pairs of cranial nerves and is the principle sensory nerve of the head. Cranial nerves pass through the foramina of various cranial bones. These nerves are a part of the peripheral nervous system (PNS). The cranial nerves are designated by a number (Roman numeral) and a name. The trigeminal nerve is the fifth cranial nerve and emerges from the brainstem (along with the other cranial nerves viz. cranial nerves III-XII). It is the largest of all the cranial nerves and has two roots on the ventrolateral side of the pons.... [tags: Nervous System, Spinal Tract]
2565 words (7.3 pages)
- Peripheral nerve injuries often result in grim consequences for afflicted individuals including the loss of touch perception, continuous pain, impaired motor functions, and the loss of responsiveness in entire limb. Peripheral nerve injury occurs when a nerve is compressed, crushed or severed and the communication between the peripheral and central nervous system is ruptured and lost (NEURAL TISSUE ENGINEERING: Strategies for Repair and Regeneration). Current methods for peripheral nerve repair consists of surgically reconnecting the distal and proximal nerve ends, a highly favorable procedure for small nerves; however, large nerves gaps of 10 mm and greater are subjected to specifically sen... [tags: regeneration, injury, myelination ]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- The Reality of Nerve Impulses Transmission In the early 1900′s many scientists believed that the nerve impulse is an electrical transmission, on the other hand, very few others were proposing the idea of the chemical nerve impulses transmission. Although many reachers were working on this hypnosis , only the German pharmacologist Dr Otto Loewi was able to prove practically that nerve impulses were transmitted chemically using his extraordinary experiment that all started just after a dream The Eureka moment " the inspiring dream" Dr.... [tags: Dr. Loewi, father of neuroscience]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- Vestibulocochlear or VIII cranial nerve The Vestibulocochlear nerve has two components, with the cochlear provides innervation to the hearing apparatus while the vestibular branch is concerned with balance. Conduction deafness results from interference with the transmission of sound waves in the external canal or middle ear to the organ of Corti. In sensorineural hearing loss, the lesion can be in the inner ear, the vestibulocochlear nerve or the brain. Because of the extensive bilateral connections of the ear, unilateral sensorineural hearing loss is usually due to lesion of the nerve nucleus or the nerve itself.... [tags: Medical Research ]
1527 words (4.4 pages)
- Oculomotor (III), trochlear (IV), Abducens (VI) cranial nerves Although each of these nerves control separate extraocular muscles, they are normally examined together due to their close functional interrelationships. • Look Similar to other cranial nerve examination, start with inspection of the eyes. Look at - The position of the head position: If diplopia is present, the head turned or tilted to minimize double vision. - Inspect for ptosis and eye position. - Ask the child to look at an object about five feet away.... [tags: Pediatric Examination]
2284 words (6.5 pages)
- Peripheral neuropathy is damage to the peripheral nervous system (PNS). The PNS helps to relay sensory information to the brain and spinal cord. The brain, in turn, will send communication back to the PNS in order to perform specific motor functions. Damage to any part of the PNS can result in a variety of symptoms, which can include tingling, prickliness, numbness, muscle wasting, and even paralysis. Peripheral neuropathies are known to have about 100 different types and are classified by which nerves they impact: sensory, motor, or autonomic.... [tags: Medical Research]
1677 words (4.8 pages)
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation and Epilepsy Epilepsy is a brain disorder characterized by seizures which occur when neurons fire uncontrollably and chaotically. The four most common categories of seizures are: simple partial, complex partial, secondary generalized tonic-clonic, and generalized tonic-clonic. A partial seizure is one in which epileptic activity stays in a focused area of the brain. During a simple partial seizure, the patient maintains full consciousness and experiences hallucinations, illusions and/or muscle jerking.... [tags: Biology Essays Research Papers]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- "Come on you two, they really need us to hurry up and get home before dinner!" Bethany cried. She's such a baby, always worrying about how her mom will punish her next. We had just walked a few blocks from the beach, but we were completely dried off, and we were in a hurry. We stopped at the local A&P. We came to get only one thing, only one thing, for my mother. "Can't we buy some cookies Rachel", my fat little sister called over to me. She had three huge bags of chocolate chip cookies in her chubby hands.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
616 words (1.8 pages)
"Hey baby, how's it going today?" The boy at the counter asked. I wasn't going to speak a word to that pervert; he only made my sunburned face even redder with rage. "Nice day for the beach, huh ladies? I really hope you have a great day." He was being too weird. He handled my money like it was gold. Sure, it was in my bathing suit top, but that's no reason for him to loose control of his bladder. The manager came over as I was eagerly waiting for the boy to hurry and finish the transaction.
"Ladies, are you aware that it is very inappropriate for girls your age to be dressed like this?" He was bitter, or perhaps just jealous because he was ugly, just like the boy at the counter. "I'm afraid that we'll just have to give you your money back. You are what give such nice places a horrid name. It's always women. They always ruin the natural order of things." I wanted to hit this guy in the face.
"What did you say sir?" Of course I had to address the old windbag politely, "We really are in a hurry." I wanted to avoid this confrontation.
"Sir, maybe you should just leave them alone." The ugly boy was actually standing up for me.
"Rules are to be enforced young lady, proper attire must always be worn in here!" Now the idiot was starting to shout. Amy and Bethany were acting totally invincible. It figures, dumb girls. I guess that's what old windbag was thinking as well.
"Sir, we came in quickly for one item only!" I was trying to tell the total truth, I was intimidated.
So we were forced to leave. The manager practically dragged us out by our ears. I swear he touched my chest! Dirty old man. Why can't they ever keep their hands and their wandering eyes to themselves? They treated us like we were nothing. Just three invisible beings that happened to be wearing a little less clothing than most people and also happen to have boobs. That's probably about the only thing he saw when he was yelling at me. It had to be, I know for a fact that's what it was. It was the same with the boy at the register. Men! I had never been treated so rudely in my life. We had only stopped in for a few minutes to pick up one thing, and just happened to be dressed "inappropriately". Why must a man determine what kind of clothing I should be wearing? So what!? The nerve of most men!