Essay PreviewMore ↓
This is only a list of exercises
1) Suggest that you do some light running and stretching.
2) Do some short range shooting for a couple of minutes and concentrate on "form" shooting concentrating on proper shooting mechanics.
Dribbling -- Select a different drill each workout.
1) "Chill" drill --3 right side / 3 left side
2) "Coach Foster" full court dribble series:
a) Do each with right then left hand -- one trip up and down the court for each move.
b) "Rocket" move -- fake one direction, step in that direction, crossover opposite, explode
c) Stutter step, crossover, explode
d) Step back, crossover, explode
e) Spin dribble, explode
f) "Hardaway" move -- between legs, crossover, explode
g) Behind the back, crossover, explode
h) "Pop and drop" move
3) "2 balls" series:
a) Do each move one trip up and down the court
d) l High and l Low
e) Change hands in front
Shooting -- Use toss-back for set.# l; for sets #2 and #3, spin the ball out to yourself.
1) "Groove your shot" -- make 5 shots from each of the following spots:
a) Left and right top
b) Left and right side
c) Left and right baseline
d) Elbow left and elbow right
2) "Game Shots" -- make 50 three-point shots from each of the following spots in our offense:
a) Left lane line
b) Right lane line
c) Left wing
d) Right wing
3) "Tough Drives"-- make 25 two-foot power lean-ins off a sweep drive from each of the four spots listed above.
Post Scoring Moves
1) From a mid-post position with a toss-back at the wing (or with a teammate as a passer) make 5 shots from each side using the following moves:
a) Baseline drop-step, 1 dribble, lean-in
b) Middle drop-step, 1 dribble, lean-in
c) Baseline drop-step, 1 dribble, shot fake, lean-in
d) Middle drop-step, jump hook
e) Fake baseline, up-and-under
f) Fake middle, up-and-under
2) "Timing" drills -- 1 set
b) Two fakes, lean in
c) One fake, cross under
d) Power slide
e) 3 hits on rim and power up
f) Power dunk (or tip)
g) Tip and touch --5 times
1) Make two FT's in-between each shooting set.
2) Anytime you need a breather, go to the FT line and make two more.
3) Make an additional 50 FT's when you are finished as you "warm-down.
How to Cite this Page
"A Basketball Workout." 123HelpMe.com. 18 Jul 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Growing up I was a diehard basketball player. I started playing basketball at the age of six years old, and at the time I wasn’t very good. I was made fun of a lot because of my weight and I wasn’t very athletic. From six years old till 10 years old, I was constantly picked on and whenever I played basketball with friends it was the same result. One night I was in my bed and I was looking up the statistics of what it took to play professional basketball. At the time I was still 10 years old and there was nothing more I wanted in my life at the time to be a pro basketball player.... [tags: Basketball, High school, Point guard]
1052 words (3 pages)
- Basketball is a widely populated sport in today’s society since it was created in the late 1800s by Dr. James Naismith. Many fans enjoy playing basketball but most of them don’t thoroughly understand the process to get in shape to play. Basketball conditioning requires a lot of dedication and is very time consuming. It is a highly competitive and contact sport so being faster and stronger than the other guy can give you more advantages. Many ways to condition are by running, weight training in the gym, maintaining a healthy diet and working on your basketball skills.... [tags: basketball, sports, Dr. James Naismith, ]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- When I was just getting into high school, I jumped around groups a lot because there was not really cliques in high school. The one group that I was in was the football and basketball team group. We also all went to same parties and pretty much went every where in the school with someone from our group. Although all of us had the same physique whenever I noticed myself getting out of that certain physique which was having cut arms and abs. I would force myself to hit the gym and workout to get that physique every day.... [tags: High school, College, Homework, Basketball]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- A former American professional basketball player and known as the greatest basketball player of all time, Michael Jordan.He was born in Brooklyn; New York and later moved to North Carolina. He was also known with the nickname “Air Jordan” and “His Airness.” MJ, son from James Jordan and Deloris was married to Juanita Vanoy in September 1989. Jordan had two sons,Jeffrey Michael and Marcus James and a daughter, Jasmine Mickael. But Vanoy divorced him in February 2002. Michael Jeffrey Jordan started his career playing at the college basketball league for the University of North Carolina.... [tags: chicago bulls, nba titles]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- Identify the sport you play My favorite sport that I love to play is basketball. I am interested in participating in playing the sport of basketball because that is one of the most common sports played growing up in the New York City. I’ve always been interested in it because it was another way me and my dad to bond together. When I was 6 years old, I fell in love with game of basketball while playing at the court in front of my building. Since then, I’ve been blessed to play up to the colligate level and travel around the U.S.... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
1393 words (4 pages)
- To maintain well-being of body and mind, one must engage in a routine of exercise regularly (Szabo, 2013). However, no one could engage in all forms of exercise, some people’s personality may suits certain exercises. Tok (2011) stated that a person’s level of extraversion and neuroticism influences his/her decision of their desired sport. Therefore, I will make up a detailed personality profile for myself to co-relate which activity I am going to partake. Workout plans made will serve as guideline, along with motivational strategies for me to regularly engage in this activity.... [tags: running, physical exercise, workout plan]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- Two years ago, I lived as a cancer patient for seven long days. Well, not precisely. But that’s what I was told. So, I prepared myself like a man for a battle I never had to face. It was the beginning of spring. Like a flower prepares for blossoming, I felt as if God had primed and prepared me for a season of growth. During this time, I felt as strong as ever in every facet of life. However, the season I entered blindsided me, leaving me surrounded with all types of questions, confusion, and chaos.... [tags: Cancer, Cancer staging, Weight loss, Doctor]
1466 words (4.2 pages)
- A potential conflict would amongst the coaching staff and players if this were to happen, but it would be a conflict in terms of the business of winning basketball games. The scouting, analysis of film, the studying of different player tendencies, the way the other teams defend ball screens, and even the plays that the other team runs would all be for nothing. It would be a waste of time and effort and could be taken as disrespect to the game of basketball and the opportunity that the coaches provided each player with.... [tags: Basketball, College basketball, James Naismith]
904 words (2.6 pages)
- 1. In my workplace I never use my desk because I’m too busy being on the football field or in the basketball court. But if I was to improve my workspace or workplace to make it more biomechanical friendly. I would first have to say to use my chair and desk more often because that would help me calm down. I’m always going hundred miles an hour and if sat down for couple minutes, I could improve with my drills for my youth kids. Secondly, I would make sure to always have water with me or at my desk.... [tags: Basketball, College basketball, High school]
781 words (2.2 pages)
- Basketball at Chatham High School ran for 50 weeks straight every year. When one season ended the next was practically beginning. It simply became our way of life, and we loved it. When the Varsity season ended in early March you had two weeks to rest your body, and recover mentally and physically for the next season. Coaches were prohibited from scheduling formal practices and workouts until November 1st, which is when the season officially started. However starting the final week of March, that group of guys you just went to war with for 50 consecutive weeks was back together.... [tags: Basketball at Chatham High School]
1235 words (3.5 pages)
4) For a challenge, do 1 up-and-back in ten seconds for each FT attempt that you need over 50 to make 50.
1) Game Shots from Game Spots at Game Speed!
2) Remember: this coming season all players will be interchangeable in our basic offense. The more versatile you can be with your outside and inside skills, the more valuable you will be to our team.
3) Your goal should be to become the best "player" you can become--not just the best "post" or "perimeter" player.