Essay PreviewMore ↓
What is a human? A human by definition is a biological being that belongs to the species Homo sapiens that is unique from every other being. Now the question that many people are asking is: “Is a baby that is unborn a human?” Many believe that it is, including me. For one, it has 46 human chromosomes. Another thing is that it is ALIVE, meaning it is growing, developing, maturing, and replacing its own dying cells. However, many people don’t feel that an unborn baby is a human; they do not feel like it is alive. It is every bit alive. I am Pro-Life, and abortions are morally wrong.
There are many people that are Pro-Choice, however, and they base their opinions on that the fetus is not actually alive, just a mass of tissue. They also feel that every child should be a wanted child, and if the mother does not want to have the child, the baby will be unwanted, and an unwanted child will more than likely be abused. They also feel that if abortions are illegal, a woman that gets raped and becomes pregnant will not be able to get help and will be forced to have the child as a remembrance of that horrible situation for the rest of their life. If we outlaw abortions, then back-alley abortion clinics will open again is also a popular belief among Pro-Choice people.
The Pro-Choice people bring up some very good points, but the killing of an innocent human being is unforgivable. It is wrong, and should never be done under any circumstance. Rape should be punished, but a child conceived in this manner should not be killed. Outside abortion clinics are also morally wrong, and should not be open. A constitutional amendment should be passed that gives equal rights to all living human beings, even those that are yet unborn.
A woman who does not want her child, should put the child up for adoption, not have an abortion and not even give the child a chance to live. Adoptions are good things, abortions are not. Abortions do not give children the chance to live. We are killing the child even before the child has a chance to do anything. I mean, if you have an abortion, you could be killing the next Albert Einstein, or even the next Michael Jordan. Give the child the chance to live.
How to Cite this Page
"Adoption Instead of Abortion." 123HelpMe.com. 15 Nov 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Nearly half of pregnancies among American women are unintended. About four in ten of these are terminated by abortion” (guttmacher). Abortion should not be a first option and quick decision when an unwanted pregnancy happens. Abortion should barely be used unless there are dire circumstances involved. There are a lot of people that want more than anything to be able to adopt a baby and have the baby as their own. Adoption should be chosen in situations where the parent cannot take care of the child and when the child is unwanted.... [tags: Pregnancies, Adoption, Parenting]
863 words (2.5 pages)
- “We should not be asking who this child belongs to, but who belongs to this child.” (Gritter; image) Open Adoption is a form of adoption that lets birth parents stay in contact with the adoptive family in varying forms: from just sending mail and/or photos, to face-to-face visits between birth and adoptive families. The adoptive parents hold all the rights as the birth parents. Even though parents are giving the child up does not mean they do not care for the child, it could mean that they were not able to afford having a baby and instead of abortion they choose adoption.... [tags: adoption, parents, afford, incapable]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- ... As said by Professor Hymie Gordon, Mayo Clinic: “By all the criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception.” This unborn person has the fundamental right of life wish shouldn’t be taking away from him or her. Eight weeks after fertilization the fetus can react to touch, and after twenty weeks is able to feel pain. This means that most of the time during the abortion procedure the unborn goes through a beyond measure pain. People go to jail every day for killing other human being, and even for killing animals so why its abortion legal if abortion is the murder of an unborn human.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Childbirth, Reproduction]
759 words (2.2 pages)
- ... Thus, adoption should not even be a question when deciding on what to do when in a situation with an unintended pregnancy unless they 're lucky enough to have the family support. The only exception to an abortion should be in rare, necessary scenarios. It’s really important to make sure people do not use abortion as a contraceptive, “Representative Henry Hyde (R, Illinois) succeeds in passing the Hyde Amendment through the House of Representatives as a “rider” law that is subject to change. The Amendment prohibits the use of federal funds for abortion except in cases of rape, incest, or health dangers for the woman” (“Abortion & Reproductive Rights”).... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Fertility]
1869 words (5.3 pages)
- Adoption, the Moral Alternative to Abortion It was only three days after being born that I was flown to my new family in Illinois. If I had not been for a one woman’s unselfish decision, I would not be writing the words on this page right now. Abortion is an ethically wrong decision and option for a parent. It is illegal to take the life of another human being; by choosing to have an abortion, legally a parent is not willingly killing a human life. However, this choice is still seen as a murder to most people.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- ... God chooses its time of life and death, not the mother.” They argue how abortion is a murder even if the baby is not born yet. Not only is consider a murder, but there is a pain during the procedures. According to Bernard N. Nathanson, MD,” the late abortion doctor who renounced his earlier work and became a pro-life activist, stated that when an abortion is performed on a 12-week-old fetus, We see [in an ultrasound image] the child’s mouth open in a silent scream... This is the silent scream of a child threatened imminently with extinction.” Although women are informed about the process once they take their decision the image in the ultrasounds seemed not to stop them.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Roe v. Wade, Fetus]
1671 words (4.8 pages)
- ... But with all that, if we sin; God can forgive us if we repented, as God said, “No matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can remove it. I can make you as clean as freshly fallen snow. Even if you are stained as red as crimson, I can make you as white as sand.” (Isaiah 1:18). Here is a great example of a woman who had committed sin by going through abortion and god forgave her, because she asked him for forgiveness, “Growing and maturing in a relationship with God has taken the pain from my past sins.... [tags: adoption, teen parenting]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- In the world today that abortion takes place every second of every day. Abortion is a big topic in this generation because of have uncontrolled hormones the miss connection of love and responsibility and what it brings to the table. They lack to fully understand the presents and laws to childhood care because yet they are still children themselves. When we misuse this we tend to fall into wrong decision making of abortion. Abortion ties into what some say the killing of a human life. We fail to realize the fact of when does life begin.... [tags: Abortion Essays]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- How would you feel if someone took away your ability to live and have a future. You wouldn't have the opportunity to crawl, take your first step, have your first kiss, or experience those butterflies in your stomach at the sight of first love. Millions of special moments, a life, shredded to pieces. This is essentially what abortion does. Abortion is not the answer in the case of an unplanned pregnancy and needs to be stopped. First of all, abortion is a type of unnecessary murder that occurs in inhumane ways and cannot be tolerated.... [tags: pregnancy, murder, birth parents, awareness]
1050 words (3 pages)
- Abortion is when a woman purposely terminates her pregnancy, normally before the first 28 weeks of pregnancy. Abortion is a disgusting solution to a mistake irresponsible people make. Abortion is widely commercialized as an easy get-away from an unwanted pregnancy, but abortion is something you will have to live with on your conscience your whole entire life. Society will judge you and protest against you. Abortion is wrong in many viewpoints such as, religiously, legally, and medically. The bible strictly states: “Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.”(Psalm 127:3).... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Paternal rights and abortion]
990 words (2.8 pages)
The court case Roe v. Wade in 1973 was one of the most important and demoralizing decision that the Supreme Court has ever made. In this decision, they stated that it was alright for people to have an abortion. It stated that abortions could be done within the first 3 months. It also stated that abortions could be done up until birth if one registered doctor thought it would be best for the mother’s health. This decision was wrong, and we should go back and fight it again.
Abortions are wrong, there is just no other way of putting it. If killing a person that is already born yet alive is wrong, then why is killing an unborn baby that is alive not wrong? It is, and this feeling is shared with many people all around the world. You are killing the child without it getting a chance at life. If you don’t want the baby, go through with the pregnancy, and then give it up for adoption, at least this way, you are giving it a chance to live. You never know whom you could be killing when you have an abortion.