Essay PreviewMore ↓
What is a human? A human by definition is a biological being that belongs to the species Homo sapiens that is unique from every other being. Now the question that many people are asking is: “Is a baby that is unborn a human?” Many believe that it is, including me. For one, it has 46 human chromosomes. Another thing is that it is ALIVE, meaning it is growing, developing, maturing, and replacing its own dying cells. However, many people don’t feel that an unborn baby is a human; they do not feel like it is alive. It is every bit alive. I am Pro-Life, and abortions are morally wrong.
There are many people that are Pro-Choice, however, and they base their opinions on that the fetus is not actually alive, just a mass of tissue. They also feel that every child should be a wanted child, and if the mother does not want to have the child, the baby will be unwanted, and an unwanted child will more than likely be abused. They also feel that if abortions are illegal, a woman that gets raped and becomes pregnant will not be able to get help and will be forced to have the child as a remembrance of that horrible situation for the rest of their life. If we outlaw abortions, then back-alley abortion clinics will open again is also a popular belief among Pro-Choice people.
The Pro-Choice people bring up some very good points, but the killing of an innocent human being is unforgivable. It is wrong, and should never be done under any circumstance. Rape should be punished, but a child conceived in this manner should not be killed. Outside abortion clinics are also morally wrong, and should not be open. A constitutional amendment should be passed that gives equal rights to all living human beings, even those that are yet unborn.
A woman who does not want her child, should put the child up for adoption, not have an abortion and not even give the child a chance to live. Adoptions are good things, abortions are not. Abortions do not give children the chance to live. We are killing the child even before the child has a chance to do anything. I mean, if you have an abortion, you could be killing the next Albert Einstein, or even the next Michael Jordan. Give the child the chance to live.
How to Cite this Page
"Adoption Instead of Abortion." 123HelpMe.com. 16 Jul 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Nearly half of pregnancies among American women are unintended. About four in ten of these are terminated by abortion” (guttmacher). Abortion should not be a first option and quick decision when an unwanted pregnancy happens. Abortion should barely be used unless there are dire circumstances involved. There are a lot of people that want more than anything to be able to adopt a baby and have the baby as their own. Adoption should be chosen in situations where the parent cannot take care of the child and when the child is unwanted.... [tags: Pregnancies, Adoption, Parenting]
863 words (2.5 pages)
- “We should not be asking who this child belongs to, but who belongs to this child.” (Gritter; image) Open Adoption is a form of adoption that lets birth parents stay in contact with the adoptive family in varying forms: from just sending mail and/or photos, to face-to-face visits between birth and adoptive families. The adoptive parents hold all the rights as the birth parents. Even though parents are giving the child up does not mean they do not care for the child, it could mean that they were not able to afford having a baby and instead of abortion they choose adoption.... [tags: adoption, parents, afford, incapable]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- Adoption, the Moral Alternative to Abortion It was only three days after being born that I was flown to my new family in Illinois. If I had not been for a one woman’s unselfish decision, I would not be writing the words on this page right now. Abortion is an ethically wrong decision and option for a parent. It is illegal to take the life of another human being; by choosing to have an abortion, legally a parent is not willingly killing a human life. However, this choice is still seen as a murder to most people.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- ... But with all that, if we sin; God can forgive us if we repented, as God said, “No matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can remove it. I can make you as clean as freshly fallen snow. Even if you are stained as red as crimson, I can make you as white as sand.” (Isaiah 1:18). Here is a great example of a woman who had committed sin by going through abortion and god forgave her, because she asked him for forgiveness, “Growing and maturing in a relationship with God has taken the pain from my past sins.... [tags: adoption, teen parenting]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- In the world today that abortion takes place every second of every day. Abortion is a big topic in this generation because of have uncontrolled hormones the miss connection of love and responsibility and what it brings to the table. They lack to fully understand the presents and laws to childhood care because yet they are still children themselves. When we misuse this we tend to fall into wrong decision making of abortion. Abortion ties into what some say the killing of a human life. We fail to realize the fact of when does life begin.... [tags: Abortion Essays]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- How would you feel if someone took away your ability to live and have a future. You wouldn't have the opportunity to crawl, take your first step, have your first kiss, or experience those butterflies in your stomach at the sight of first love. Millions of special moments, a life, shredded to pieces. This is essentially what abortion does. Abortion is not the answer in the case of an unplanned pregnancy and needs to be stopped. First of all, abortion is a type of unnecessary murder that occurs in inhumane ways and cannot be tolerated.... [tags: pregnancy, murder, birth parents, awareness]
1050 words (3 pages)
- Abortion is one of the most controversial and highly debatable issues in the United States today. This hot topic has put both the supporting and opposing sides in an uproar to defend their positions. In abortion, a fetus is deliberately terminated from the woman’s womb. Though there are several different methods of abortion, they all aim to rid of the potential child. When carefully reading descriptions of the techniques to abort a fetus, one does not shrug it off their shoulders and write it off as morally acceptable.... [tags: Abortion Pro Life Essays]
911 words (2.6 pages)
- One of the most deliberated topics of modern society; is it just life, or is it truly alive. Does it adhere to moral standards or abolish the common good. Should it even be legal under the confines of our laws and regulations. If I was to tell someone to stop fishing, just because I thought it was wrong, it would seem unconstitutional that I would even attempt to withdraw rights to our freedom. Abortion is a personal issue and should be dealt with by the person, not the courts. A better example would be to take a hypothetical situation consisting of a 17-year-old girl, trying for her education.... [tags: Abortion, Argumentative, Pro-Choice]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- Juno is a film that depicts adolescent pregnancy and the uncertainty and emotional rollercoaster that most pregnant teenagers go through. The protagonist is a 16 year old girl named Juno who becomes impregnated by her friend Pauly. Unprepared for this surprise, she first considers getting an abortion at a local clinic. At the clinic, Juno is ostracized by the staff's attitudes. They called her sexually active which minimized her emotional state. As a result, she no longer wanted to get an abortion and instead decides to give the baby up for adoption.... [tags: abortion, adoption, love, heart, parents]
641 words (1.8 pages)
- Partial-Birth Abortion: The Logical and Illogical Arguments In 1992, a new abortion procedure was introduced to the United States public. It was first performed by Dr. James McMahon and explained by Dr. Martin Haskell (Scully). It was used during the second and third trimesters (around twenty to twenty-four weeks along) and involved partially delivering the fetus so the doctors could remove the baby’s brain with suction (Wagner). The term “D&X”, which stands for “intact dilation and extraction,” was used to refer to this procedure (Hoyt).... [tags: Abortion Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
1653 words (4.7 pages)
The court case Roe v. Wade in 1973 was one of the most important and demoralizing decision that the Supreme Court has ever made. In this decision, they stated that it was alright for people to have an abortion. It stated that abortions could be done within the first 3 months. It also stated that abortions could be done up until birth if one registered doctor thought it would be best for the mother’s health. This decision was wrong, and we should go back and fight it again.
Abortions are wrong, there is just no other way of putting it. If killing a person that is already born yet alive is wrong, then why is killing an unborn baby that is alive not wrong? It is, and this feeling is shared with many people all around the world. You are killing the child without it getting a chance at life. If you don’t want the baby, go through with the pregnancy, and then give it up for adoption, at least this way, you are giving it a chance to live. You never know whom you could be killing when you have an abortion.