Essay PreviewMore ↓
Animal rights activists continually oppose the medical research that involves animals as test subjects. Too many people have come to the conclusion that medical researchers are cruel and inhumane. In many cases the good of the research is overlooked and the bad is used. Even though many people may believe that animal research is morally wrong, animal research should continue because it is critical to helping heal human lives.
There is not yet an available alternate to animal research. Animal rights activists feel that animal research is morally wrong. Activists feel that research with animals causes severe pain and that many research animals are abused. As described in one of the first essays we have covered, Animal activists show the public "emotionally evocative images" in order to gain a reputation for their party. They base their beliefs on emotions, not facts. These people do not feel that there is a need to put the animals through such pain. But I tell you, someone or something has to be tested on. I value human life, a lot more than an animal. When's the last time you saw a guinea pig as a doctor? A president? The only cruel sides I see to these experiments are when something has already been proven and scientists keep on experimenting with the animals. That, I consider to be cruel and not humane.
Animal research is a major part of today's society. Think of how much progress we have gained in human health with the use of animal experimentation. Vaccines against polio, mumps, measles, rubella, and smallpox would not have been possible without such experiments. Brain surgery, open heart surgery, organ transplants and correction of heart defects would not be as easy as they are now without animal research. The list goes on and on. If we were to do away with animal research would be to slow down our society's advancement of more medicines for our health. There are no alternatives to the animal experiments. Computers can be used to view the animal's body and internal features, but they can not give you results to vaccines and medicines. Animals need to be tested on to invent a vaccine for diseases such as cancer, aids, stress and many others. The only other alternate to receive a full bodily effect would be to use humans instead of animals.
How to Cite this Page
"Animals Should be used for Research Testing." 123HelpMe.com. 26 Aug 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Beginning in ancient times, animals were experimented on out of pure curiosity, and people did not understand how different systems really worked. Today, we have an undeniable understanding of the body’s functions and metabolism, proving that this practice is becoming increasingly unreliable, expensive, and above all: cruel. For centuries, innocent animals such as rats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, birds, cats, dogs, and primates have been used for man’s own selfish wants. In modernity, “an estimated 26 million animals are used and slaughtered every year due to animal research.” (“Should Animals Be Used for Scientific or Commercial Testing?”, 1).... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
1563 words (4.5 pages)
- Animal testing is a source of method scientists use in order to find diseases, for common comprehension, conduct such as mental and dependency studies, army, space and farming research, drug testing and product development and science education. According to ProCon.org article of, “Should Animals Be Used for Scientific or Commercial Testing?" they hand us a list of pros and cons when the issue of animal testing arises. While animal testing has given us treatments in order to save lives, carefully make sure to protect the animal, and the small use of animals to help find new treatments there is an upside to this while there could still be medical breakthroughs without having to utilize animal... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights, Animal model]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Animals Should be used for Research Testing Animal rights activists continually oppose the medical research that involves animals as test subjects. Too many people have come to the conclusion that medical researchers are cruel and inhumane. In many cases the good of the research is overlooked and the bad is used. Even though many people may believe that animal research is morally wrong, animal research should continue because it is critical to helping heal human lives. There is not yet an available alternate to animal research.... [tags: Papers]
377 words (1.1 pages)
- Name: Alitta Sothisai Student ID: 67557 Should animals be used for research. Animal testing is the use of animals in medical experiments to test and control the variables that affect the behaviour of a biological system under study. Animal testing is conducted in university, there use animal testing for industry. For example, defence research, breeding, and toxicology. In education, animal testing is including with psychology or biology courses. However, the main reasons are flowing. Firstly, animals testing has many life-saving cures and treatment.... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights, Human body]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- SHOULD ANIMALS BE USED FOR RESEARCH Animal testing in scientific and commercial research has a long and controversial history. Some industries for example, as cosmetic manufacturers and pharmaceutical research companies treat animals to test their new products. Animals like rabbits, rats, monkeys, and many more are experimented in the research testing. Animals are not only restricted to product testing, but also needed by biology students to study body function, body parts and practice surgeries for learning and research.... [tags: Animal rights, Animal testing, Medical research]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- Animals should not be used as test subjects for any research. The innocent and helpless animals’ rights are being violated when they are involved during animal experimentation. These unfortunate animals do not have a choice whether or not they want to be involved in testing. They are not intended for people to experiment on for their own selfish reasons. It is not right to take advantage of the animals because they are helpless and cannot protect themselves. Animals and humans have similarities; they both behave, feel, think, and experience pain.... [tags: Animal testing, Testing cosmetics on animals]
1656 words (4.7 pages)
- We have all heard statements and read labels saying “against animal testing”, “animal cruelty-free product” and “no animals were harmed in the making of this movie…” Yet still to this day many companies continue to use animals for product and drug testing. Evidently, animal testing is a very controversial issue in the science and animal advocacy communities; as it serves as a safer and cost- efficient way to test new medicines and product lines. However, many will argue it is an unethical and inhumane way to treat animals, as science has made tremendous strides in evolution and can change their methods.... [tags: Animal Testing, Animal Abuse]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Should animals be used for research. It blows my mind that this question is still being discussed and debated. That there are people in this world who actually agree that animals should get such torture. To think of how many poor, helpless animals had to suffer in order for people to find out if material things such as, medicine and makeup, are safe to use. Having animals used for research, experiments, and testing is just plain out wrong. Animals suffer just as humans do, unlike humans, animals can’t speak out to defend their rights.... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights, Skin, Draize test]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Do animals deserve to get their rights taken. We are the “Nazis” to the animals. Think about it. According to At issue, from the SIRS data base The use of animals for scientific research has been going on since the ancient Greeks and Romans. The Pro views, animals should be researched on because so far it has helped the development of treatment for anthrax, diabetes, rabies, polio, smallpox and many more. The Con views, animals should not be researched on because animals have thoughts, feelings and desires, also testing on animals is cruel and inhumane and causes millions of deaths of animals.... [tags: Animal testing, Human]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- For the morally driven question should animals be used in medical research, the answer is yes. It has been proven over the course history that animals prove insight to many of the medical questions we ask today. As science began to development so did the testing of animals and humans for medical research. Animals prove many insights to how to cure many illness. Animals should be used for medical research, because many of the animals are links to answers that could save the whole human race. For the entire existence of the human race animal testing has always been a part of it.... [tags: Animal testing, Human, Medical research]
1717 words (4.9 pages)