Essay PreviewMore ↓
College Admissions : My experience
To whom that cares!!!
At this moment when I am sitting down here writing this, I suddenly think of this time last year when I was fresh out of high school, hearing about Berea for the first time. I sent my application to Berea with lots of confidence and hope, and I knew I was not accepted. College to me, as much as to many others, is so important. At the time I heard the news of my being denied, I was disappointed, but soon I realized that my failure was just among the many challenges that anybody has to face during their lifetime. Further more, I happened to know, later on, about the two other Vietnamese who were accepted. Having known that hardly ever more than one student from each country is accepted to Berea, I was so proud to know that the ability of Vietnamese students has been recognized and that, despite of the fact that our country still faces many difficulties, the students have been trying to reach high goals.
In Vietnamese proverbs, we have this saying :" A day one goes, a sea of knowledge he earns". By this time, I have realized how true it is. Last year, I was an exchange student in a high school in Mississippi. That was the first time I went overseas. Although, before this trip, I was quite used to living independently because I had to live without my mom for almost 7 years during the time she went to work in Poland. However, my first trip abroad was something totally new and different. A very different country and her people first met me. I gradually got used to everything and felt that those adaptations I had made also came with growth in my maturity.
When mentioning about maturity, I am quite sure about what I am talking. Obviously, I still am a long way from being an adult who has gone through enough hardships in life to have the right to judgment on life. However, I believe that the ten months I was away from my homeland, from my family, I now look at my life and future with a very serious and subjective point of view. If I had not been in the U.S, I would never have known of an eventful U.S senior year in high school, and the people, the lifestyle there.
How to Cite this Page
"Free College Admissions Essays: My Experience." 123HelpMe.com. 18 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- College Admissions: The College Experience In High School, college seemed to be the scariest thing that I could think of. Whenever I thought about it my stomach would immediately begin to spin in circles. Although I was ready to go off and be by myself and meet new people I was scared to death at the same time. I didn't know much about the "college experience" and what I did know (or thought I knew) scared me. I pictured hard classes that I wouldn't be able to keep up with, people that wouldn't like me, long hikes to get to my classes, and horrible food.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
1215 words (3.5 pages)
- College Admissions : My experience To whom that cares!!. At this moment when I am sitting down here writing this, I suddenly think of this time last year when I was fresh out of high school, hearing about Berea for the first time. I sent my application to Berea with lots of confidence and hope, and I knew I was not accepted. College to me, as much as to many others, is so important. At the time I heard the news of my being denied, I was disappointed, but soon I realized that my failure was just among the many challenges that anybody has to face during their lifetime.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
708 words (2 pages)
- Comment on an experience in your life that had an effect on your life. I was a little worried writing about my mother because I thought it would seem like I was looking for sympathy, but I figured it was a good topic to write about because it had the largest effect on me. My goal became to write an essay that didn't focus on the death or loss but on the change and growth that took place. Being active is something that has always been important to me, and I learned this from growing up with and observing an expert.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- In reflecting upon my experiences in Singapore, I have nothing but good things to say. Overall, it was a most valuable experience, and I hope I have other such opportunities in my life. First of all, I truly enjoyed the chance to travel overseas to a place full of diversity and excitement. I have not traveled overseas before, and this experience was incredibly worthwhile. Being able to say that I have gone where few people in Duluth have traveled is extraordinary. In the past, I have seen the East Coast, the majority of the South, parts of the Midwest, and many provinces in Canada, but never a greater change in landscape, culture, and education as I did in Singapore.... [tags: Free College Admissions Essays]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- College Essay about Psychology Some say that mankind is complex beyond comprehension. I cannot, of course, speak for every other individual on this earth, but I do not believe that I am a very difficult person to understand. My life is based upon two very simple, sweeping philosophies: pragmatism in actions and idealism in thought. Thus, with these two attitudes, I characterize myself. Pragmatism in actions. I believe utterly in one of those old cliches: we are given only a limited time upon this earth and every moment wasted is lost forever.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- College Admissions: The Outreach Program The Panuluyan was a real eye-opener for me. It made me become aware of the things, which I have normally taken for granted. It was so surprising to see how much little they have, yet at the same time they cherish each little blessing they receive and they never cease to be grateful for what is given to them. It made me see that it was easier to please those who have less, because they expect less. The trip to Camarin also made me realize how much different we are, yet very much the same.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
641 words (1.8 pages)
- College Admissions: What motivates you to seek a college education Why is Berea College a good choice for you What motivates me to seek a college education. In addition, why Berea College is a good choice for me. December 16, 2000 The last couple of years have been a long bumpy ride for me, as they have for everyone my age. No matter what, everyone has experienced many of the same "teenage" circumstances as I have and has dealt with them in their own way. As a personal participant in this "game", we call life, I would say I worked hard for and earned first place.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
613 words (1.8 pages)
- Success "Success is counted sweetest/By those who ne'er succeed" Emily Dickinson Since the beginning of my life I have been studying. In the early years of my childhood I didn't quite understand what my role was all about. I always wondered why is it that I have to go to school everyday even on Saturday because my mom said that it is good to be around smart people. When I was growing up I found the answer by myself. I started to understand when I was eight years old. I began to see school as the place to get knowledge this that my parents cant teach me at home.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- College Admissions: Most Influential Event in My Life 26th of January. Republic Day of India. Bhuj, home to my aunt and the place where I have been spending my holidays for the past 10 years or so. It was 8:55 in the morning. Everyone was ready for breakfast except me. I was always late on the dining table and often made mom angry. But that day mom didn’t get angry. Wondering why . Bhuj and neighboring places had just witnessed a powerful earthquake that rocked the whole of gujarat. The word earthquake always evoked something-but that something was never akin to terror.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Geography The diverse nature of Geography has always attracted me to the subject, and the bridge it forms between the Arts and the Sciences reflects many of my interests. I am greatly enjoying the work which I am doing for the A level syllabus, on both the human and physical sides of the course, and would like to continue to study in both these fields. Geography gives the opportunity to accumulate a valuable range of skills, and I particularly enjoy the variety of analytical, numerical, bibliographical and research skills which I am called upon to use.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
434 words (1.2 pages)
PS: This is not the end of my essay yet, how to finish it is what I am looking for