Essay PreviewMore ↓
Since the art of making fire and creating handcrafted tools, our civilization has come a long way. Science and technology are making advances at an amazing rate. From telephones to the Internet, calculators to computers, cars to rockets and satellites, we are submerged in a sea of discoveries and inventions made possible by science. Computers have often been cited as the greatest boom offered by technology to humanity. Its entry revolutionized the whole world. Great pieces of data could be stored with comparative ease. Problems, which would have taken years to solve manually, took a couple of days for the computer to work out. This led to an amazing rate of progress achieved in a considerably short period. For instance without the computer models, it would have never been possible to stimulate extremely slow chemical reactions and predict their outcomes as if they were actually performed. Furthermore, science has paved way for the newest technology resource, the Internet.
With Internet, people have access to a wealth of information. It not only serves the business community but also acts as a lifeline for many scientific researches and educational inquiries. Practically most of the important journal articles by the well-known scientists and authors are published on the Web. Information about the rarest of the items and happening around the world can be obtained right form the comfort of our computers. Not only that, the benefits of the Internet are not restricted to a selected few but also are widely dispersed. In countries like the U.S., people enjoy things like Online Banking, media reports and even entertainment. Many of our needed amenities are readily available off the web. We can make use of them with comparative ease and even save a considerable amount of time. By doing thus, Internet is helping us achieve maximum efficiency and results out of our scarce and limited resources.
Internet research has become an extremely important tool for students and educators. Information is plentiful and is attained easily by the click of a button.
How to Cite this Page
"The Internet and the Advancement of Technology." 123HelpMe.com. 21 Nov 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The positive and good things about this development are allowed world societies have had a great interactions and have a chance to communicate with each other globally.this are one of great accomplishment from internet technology development. A negative impact or the disadvantages of internet technology development; Even though we greatly appreciated and respected precisely in all aspect of this great development around the world, the internet technology growth tremendously provided many amazing global development that have had a great value which the world society socially enjoyed.... [tags: IP address, Internet, History of the Internet]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- The internet is more popular today than it was years ago. As technology advances, the use of the internet grows yonder and is an amazing addition in our lives. The internet has been perhaps the most outstanding innovation in the field of communication in the history of humanity. The Internet is a global meeting place where people from all parts of the world can come together. It is a service available on the computer, through which anyone who has access to the Internet can receive. The internet is for a business owner, an employee, a student; it is for everyone.... [tags: internet, technology, ]
1251 words (3.6 pages)
- The Internet is more popular today than it was years ago. As technology advances, the use of the Internet grows yonder and is an amazing addition in our lives. The Internet has been perhaps the most outstanding innovation in the field of communication in the history of humanity. It is a global meeting place where people from all parts of the world can collaborate. Additionally, it is a service available on the computer, through which anyone who has access to the Internet can receive. The Internet is for a business owner, an employee, and a student.... [tags: internet, information technology, ]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- We have come a long way in worldwide technological advancement. Computers are a way of living now but years ago everything was documented on paper and before then on stone. Indeed, the internet hosts an enormous informational base. Technology has made it possible for this information to reach far and wide. It would be almost unheard for the average American to go one day without the internet. By the year of 2000, more than one-half of all American households had personal computers. Today, the number must have tripled (Mary Fitzpatrick: American ways).... [tags: internet]
989 words (2.8 pages)
- ... Both commercially and the private sector are able to hold conferences and video chat over the internet or send email communication instantly. One can graduate from high school or college on the internet, and then go on to their new job and be trained by taking an online course. Students also benefit from the internet. Instead of going to the library and looking through an immense amount of books, they can find what they need with a click of a button. Large databases of useful information are now available to people who before had no way of accessing them.... [tags: database, cybercrime, economy]
635 words (1.8 pages)
- Americans’ Overdependence on the Internet Americans’ over-dependence on the internet is causing more harm than good. Technological advancement, coupled with our easy access to virtual life through computers, cell phones, iPods among others has introduced us into a new era of extreme livelihood and lifestyle; we have gradually expanded internet use to do most of our walking and thinking for us. This growing trend in internet obsession if left unchanged will forever affect our emotional, physical and social wellbeing.... [tags: Internet]
1531 words (4.4 pages)
- With the advancement of technology and the exponential increase of Internet use, professionals-academic and business-are relying on electronic resources for information, research, and data. The Internet gives an individual access to a sea of information, data, and knowledge; plus, this vast amount of information is available in a matter of seconds, rather than hours or days. The ease of access, availability, up-to-the-second timeliness, and vastness of online resources is causing many professionals, however, to forgo the use of print sources.... [tags: Internet]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- When historians look back at the latter half of the twentieth century, they might well remember it less as the time man walked on the moon and more as the time when the Internet was born. The Advancement Research Projects Agency Network, known as the ARPANET, was developed in the 1960's by the U.S. Department of Defense. This was the world's first operational informational sharing network, and the predecessor of what we now call the Internet. Although the creation of the Internet was primarily to allow the sharing of resources, its true popularity came in the ability to send and receive mail.... [tags: Internet Web Technology Innovation]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- The Internet is the Most Important Invention since Fire Can this be a wild exaggeration. After all, the printing press 1)ushered in an entire era of intellectual advancement called the 2)Enlightenment. If you ask John Perry Barlow, the Internet is even more revolutionary. John Perry Barlow is a former 3)Wyoming cowboy and 4)lyricist for the Grateful Dead, of all things. But he also founded an important cyber-rights organization called the Electronic Frontier Foundation. And he calls the Internet "the most transforming event since the capture of fire!" He made that statement eight years ago in 1995, when an estimated 16 million people around the world were using the Internet every day.... [tags: Technology Internet Essays]
1037 words (3 pages)
- Advancement Does Not Equal Destruction It is 7:15 am on a Monday morning. You look outside and see 5 inches of snow on the ground and wonder “Do I have to go to school this morning?” You can’t waste time waiting for your school’s name to pop up on a TV news broadcast, so you quickly click onto the internet. Within moments, you have determined the status of your school, overjoyed that you can jump back into bed and sleep for a few more hours. Receiving information this quickly and easily is beneficial for everyone; it simplifies tasks and gives people more options for reading and writing information.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Internet Essays]
1715 words (4.9 pages)