Essay PreviewMore ↓
A Passion for Life
I am a senior at Western High School. I am currently a member of the Honors program and I will be graduating in the spring of 2003. While at Western, I have been involved in many activities including; collegiate track, the fencing team, forensics, volunteer programs and foreign studies. Western has enabled me to broaden my knowledge in many areas of study. I have enrolled in many courses that have helped me become a well-rounded, educated individual.
I have a plethora of interests and experience's. My philosophy of life leads me to encounter many new adventures and challenges that I find immense interests in learning and conquering. My passion for life allows me to apply my endless energy into many hobbies, studies, and personal relationships. I will never loose my passion or my commitment to learning about life and the experience it offers.
I have enjoyed hiking the Southern Alps of New Zealand, swimming the salty waters of the Mediterranean Sea, brushing my hand over the smooth tiles of the Opera House of Sydney Australia, climbing to the top of the Eiffel Tower of France, hearing the deep bells of Big Ben in London, witnessing the artistic beauty of the Sistine Chapel in Italy and many more memories that will be remembered and soon accompanied by more.
My close personal relationships are few, however, significantly important in my life and defining who I am. I have two sisters, Rebecca and Jennifer, who have helped me become the loving woman I am today. I have one brother, Nolan, who brought me under his wing as I grew and taught me the key to creativity. I have a father, John, who has shown to me the importance of honest hard work and unconditional love.
How to Cite this Page
"College Admissions Essay: Passion for Life." 123HelpMe.com. 14 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- MBA Admissions Essays - An Entrepreneurial Passion My love for business is not something I was born with. It took over a decade of experience and exploration to discover my passion. This discovery began ten years ago when I accepted a position at The Pitney Bowes Corporation. My job was to make unsolicited phone calls to prospective businesses in order to sell our base model postage meter. All that was required was reading a script, word for word, to potential buyers. Yet, after a week of working at Pitney Bowes, I still didn't know important details about the meter, like what it looked like, and how it actually operated.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- My Passion for Economics The crucial importance and relevance of economics related disciplines to the modern world have led me to want to pursue the study of these social sciences at a higher level. My study of Economics has shown me the fundamental part it plays in our lives and I would like to approach it with an open mind - interested but not yet fully informed. Having spent half of my life in India I have direct experience of two very different lifestyles making me more eager and enthusiastic to investigate other ways of life from a macro perspective.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
445 words (1.3 pages)
- College Admissions Essays - Something Daring and New Think about something you never did in high school but wish you had done. Now imagine your time at college. Propose taking up something daring and new, and describe how it might affect your life. For years I have harbored a secret desire to become a cheese aficionado. This is not entirely arbitrary. Cheese, as an independent entity outside of any broader alimentary context, is at once worldly and whimsical. It provides the ideal complement to that side of my personality which has historically been dominant.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- Art is My Life From an early age I have always had a strong interest in art, and have been involved with it in some form all through my life. In year nine I realized that it was something that I might like to pursue as a career, I started taking it more seriously. The Chase's art department encouraged me very well and helped me develop my art skills. I am currently studying Art at A-level and have had my work exhibited in a gallery and in local industry buildings as part of the 'Art in the Workplace' scheme which is organized by my college.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
615 words (1.8 pages)
- College Admissions Essay - I Grew Up with Emily Dickinson Emily Dickinson was a part of my household ever since I can recall. She was introduced to me quite dramatically. My mother, with her omnipresent distant look, would suddenly begin to recite the famous poetry as though taking inspiration from some preternatural cue. I understood that a transmigration was occurring, although it was hard to pinpoint the direction. At times, it seemed Emily was contacting my mother, giving her a phantom tap on the shoulder, indicating she would like to hear one of her poems recited in earth time.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- Friday It arrived on a Friday afternoon. The idea probably originated somewhere over the Atlantic, off the coast of Africa. It slowly spun its way to the northwest, and the thought finally made landfall in Florida. From there it gained speed and zipped across the eastern seaboard, through South Carolina, over D.C. and up the New Jersey Turnpike. There the idea slowed again, and had been downgraded to a concept by the time it crossed the Hudson. Once across the water it regained speed at the expense of power, and it flew like a sparrow, darting through cars and trucks and people, until it finally found me, stuck in traffic, and flew through my ear into my head.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
491 words (1.4 pages)
- Celebrating Diversity Growing up in Florida, the prevalence of a diverse society has always been evident to me. While realizing at a young age how many differences exist in my hometown of Orlando, I eagerly wanted to become a part of each segment of my world. From a young age, my parents could tell that I had an interest in the international cultures in my life. When I started high school, I wanted to study other cultures and further my knowledge of another language. Besides taking classes in Spanish, I chose to volunteer after school with Bosnian refugees.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
654 words (1.9 pages)
- Marching On Sweat dripping down my face and butterflies fluttering around my stomach as if it was the Garden of Eden, I took in a deep breathe and asked myself: "Why am I so nervous. After all, it is just the most exciting day of my life." When the judges announced for the Parsippany Hills High School Marching Band to commence its show, my mind blanked out and I was on the verge of losing sanity. Giant's Stadium engulfed me, and as I pointed my instrument up to the judges' stand, I gathered my thoughts and placed my mouth into the ice-cold mouthpiece of the contrabass.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
673 words (1.9 pages)
- Emerson When I received the criteria for this essay I knew that writing this would be a personal challenge to myself. My motivation and interest in being a journalist is so vast that I knew that I would have trouble squeezing it all into a mere 500 word essay. In addition, I would have to list my experience in journalism. During my high school years I have accumulated so much experience due to the responsibilities bestowed on me, that it would be hard to describe them all. As I entered my sophomore year of high school, our school district had just completed both the new high schools.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
665 words (1.9 pages)
- I Have Traded it All to Be a Filmmaker I left a secure job and a lifestyle that would have catapulted me into the upper middle class by age 30. I disappointed my family and shocked my friends, but the applause from the packed auditorium vindicated my decision to pursue my passion. At great expense, I decided to follow my dreams, to refuse to be disappointed or discouraged by life. As I reflected on all the difficulties I persevered through in reaching that point in my life, I felt a hand patting me on my shoulder praising my work.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
1033 words (3 pages)