Essay PreviewMore ↓
MBA Admissions Essays - International Business
Ever since I was young I have always been interested in businesses and how they operate, as well as being fascinated by other languages and cultural differences. My passion for the subject expanded when I chose business studies and french, as part of my A-level education. Although these subjects are somewhat demanding, I find them extremely interesting. I believe that a degree combining both these aspects is the correct choice for me. I am confident that a course in international business studies and modern languages satisfies both these interests. I will be looking forward to learning about the international business world and I am relishing the thought of learning to integrate with other European countries. The idea of learning to communicate with other people across the world is something that has always appealed greatly to me.
I am currently attending Sprowston High School which is a school located on the outskirts of Norwich. I am currently studying three A2 courses after completing four AS-level courses. The subjects that I am currently studying include physics, french and business studies, whilst information technology was taken at AS-level. I am confident with my grades at the end of the first year of studies. I am confident that with extra effort I could improve my grades and push them past my expected target minimum grades.
In my spare time I enjoy a wide range of sporting activities. These include: cricket, skiing, badminton, tennis, long distance running, football and table tennis to name but a few. I have many trophies in my room for cricket. I am hoping to carry on these activities whilst conducting my studies at university. I also have a part-time job working in the local supermarket. I believe that I have gained invaluable experience in dealing with customers and trying to deliver customer satisfaction, whilst learning to work effectively and efficiently in a well structured team. Hopefully I will be able to carry on within the organisation whilst at university as a transfer to a local store is possible. I have also completed two work experience programs. The first at Viking Computers Norwich, the second at the school involving administrative work. These were both valuable experiences and gave me an insight to how a business operates. I enjoy my spare time and try to use it to the best of my use.
How to Cite this Page
"MBA Admissions Essays - International Business." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- MBA Admissions Essay After graduation from KOREA University, I decided to enter Hyndai MotorCompany(HMC), which is the largest Korean car manufacturer and global player, to pursue a career as an international businessman. In January 1991, I joined Domestic Finance Team of HMC. My specific assignment was to plan monthly and annual financial schedules for HMC's domestic funding needs. About two years later, in January of 1993, I was transferred to Retail Finance Team from Domestic Finance Team and responsible for financing by the sales and factoring of Car Receivables.... [tags: MBA Admissions Essay]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- The panel meeting was covered in class contained a variety of valuable aspects; one of the main major job switch was from the University Admissions Office front desk to the World Bank. Even it wasn’t on his interest but he said it was worth giving it a shoot. And now I believe he is in love with his high position. Having a Bachelor of Business Administration gives you the opportunity to work in many industries around the world at valuable positions. One of the most helpful classes that benefited almost all of the panel members on there jobs, since its expresses the main concept of Business communication.... [tags: Finance, Investment, Economics, Mutual fund]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - The Art of Business We stroll through a marketplace in Beer-Sheva, inhaling a conglomeration of smells and sounds that feel as though they are part of a different century. My father and I enter a small stand. A little woman sits in the corner scanning her livelihood like a hawk monitoring her nest. She promotes her wares not for a quarterly report but to feed and clothe her family. My father picks up a small wooden camel and calls out in our native tongue, "How much?" "Fifty Shekel," she responds.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
590 words (1.7 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - Beyond the Curve Having worked in a constantly evolving sector of the economy, I realize the value of an MBA weighs heavily on a program's commitment to staying ahead of the curve. Although the classic lecture format has undeniable value, I believe for an MBA program to truly further my career, it must have something more. My career path has exposed me to many different aspects of the business world and I believe an MBA program should likewise consist of a myriad of course work and experiences.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
592 words (1.7 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - An Entrepreneurial Passion My love for business is not something I was born with. It took over a decade of experience and exploration to discover my passion. This discovery began ten years ago when I accepted a position at The Pitney Bowes Corporation. My job was to make unsolicited phone calls to prospective businesses in order to sell our base model postage meter. All that was required was reading a script, word for word, to potential buyers. Yet, after a week of working at Pitney Bowes, I still didn't know important details about the meter, like what it looked like, and how it actually operated.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- I had practiced it before, but this time it was for real. Well, as real as a college mock trial tournament can get. I objected, pointed, and did squat thrusts during 10-minute breaks. During the trial, I paused for a few seconds of silence and methodically tied up the loose ends of my closing monologue. My mock trial team sat quietly for a couple of minutes until the judges offered some feedback and tabulated the scores. Unfortunately, we lost in a landslide and would not be moving on to the final round of competition.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
642 words (1.8 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - My Most Significant Leadership Role During the last three years I have devoted a significant amount of time and energy to the betterment of young entrepreneurs, who in this country are mistreated, stripped of opportunities, and looked down upon. In my quest to start my own business, I faced many obstacles that I later found to plague all entrepreneurs in my country. Established family heads discourage their younger members from starting separate businesses; they would rather their younger members join them in the so called "safe business." Moreover, companies and government organizations will not award contracts to young people since older people earn respec... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
346 words (1 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - My Three Most Substantial Accomplishments Although trained as an engineer, my most substantial accomplishments have been in non-engineering sectors since the management and finance divisions of my company necessitated my involvement and a change in my career goals. From the early 1990's, after the introduction of the free economy in Poland, almost all of our companies in our family owned business began losing money, and I needed to help save it. There I was, the poor little textile engineer, answering questions asked by people from Citicorp, the agents from Soros Funds, and many other local banks.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- Having worked on both small and large scale internet ventures, as well as in traditional brick and mortar enterprises, I have truly fallen in love with the entrepreneur world of business. I have been the CEO of my own smaller companies and have been an integral part of large scale operations. My professional goal is to become the most effective entrepreneur and manager I am capable of becoming. My sample set of experiences has been both wide ranging and engaging, but a Harvard Business School education will serve to hone my skills and sharpen my ability to think.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
249 words (0.7 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - The Value of Dynamic Creativity In my junior year of high school I attended an assembly where potential class presidents outlined their positions and ideas for the future. I remember dozing off during the first two speeches, which covered topics such as soda machines and trips to Six Flags Great Adventure. The final individual that spoke did something different. He talked about students in our class. The thing he found special about everyone was that they each possessed character.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
664 words (1.9 pages)
I consider myself to be a hard working outgoing individual. I am looking forward to challenge of university life, both socially and mentally. I strongly believe that my years at university will be enjoyable and those that I will remember for the rest of my life. Most of all I am hoping that my chosen subject will give me a strong foundation to take upon a successful career inside the business world.