Essay PreviewMore ↓
The pizza palace is an Italian restaurant that has been in business
for two years. It made a small profit last year, but things are not
looking good for this financial year. It is suffering from cash flow
problems, where money coming into the business each month (receipts0
is less then the money coming going out of the business each month.
The owner is particularly worried since a new Italian restaurant is
about to open nearby.
The owner needs to know how much cash is coming in and going out of
the business but has no experience in computer modeling and asks me to
I must produce a cash-flow for next six months and suggest ways to in
which cash flow can be improved.
The system that I am going to create will be used by Manager of Pizza
palace's restaurant. Because the system that he is using now is hard
to do and it's also time consuming.
The problem is, Pizza Palace owner doesn't know how to use this system
and he has to know how to use this system because he has to solve
those problems like, calculate the profit, tax, finance etc.
The alternative solution to this problem would be;
* Calculate a cash flow in spread sheet and know how to update.
* Using a choice of a software package to set up a spread sheet
* To know how to solve formulas in Microsoft excel.
The advantages and disadvantages:
* Backup files
* Formula checked automatically
* More accurate.
The objectives of the new system are:
* To be able to avoid the plan ahead for negative cash flow.
* To be able to take advantages of positive cash flow.
* To be able to update the cash flow easily using the Microsoft
How to Cite this Page
"Designing a Computer System to Manage a Pizzeria." 123HelpMe.com. 24 Apr 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Overview A system for a football club is to be designed that will ensure that the same information has being passed on to all parents of the relevant under-age players with regards to match details. The system is to replace a current text messaging service that has proven to be unsuccessful due to communication issues between team managers and the person in charge of the text system. The system is expected to pass the responsibility of communicating the information to the Football Management System where match fixtures can only be updated by the manager of the relevant team.... [tags: Designing IT System]
2632 words (7.5 pages)
- Introduction Computer systems can be found in varying environments, these are; at home, in businesses, computer gaming, networking and real-time situations. Computers systems can be classified into the following categories; microcomputers, minicomputers, mainframes and super computers. Different environments will have certain computer systems which are appropriate for that setting. Microcomputers can be categorised as personal computers (PC’s) and mobile computers. Mobile computers can be devices such as laptops, PDA’s, smart phones and tablets.... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Mainframe computer]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- Designing a Computer Based System Identify the Problem The Blue Water Estate Agent (BWEA) is situated in Finchley, North London. It has good publicity from its sponsor, Clear Blue Contact Lenses. Many people go to the estate agent for good service. They get many offers from the local area. These are usually successful and good for the business. Nature of the Problem Estate Agents are paid to sell houses to the right customers. They need to know which type of houses, customers want.... [tags: Papers]
2906 words (8.3 pages)
- Designing a Computer Based System Simpson &Co. estate agents are located in Brent. They have made a publicity deal with Flancrust Enterprises, another newly formed Business. Simpson and Co. Are known for their good service to the public and want to start branches all over Brent, however they do not have a system enabling them to record ever changing details of large numbers of customers. ===================================================================== Identify the Problem ==================== Estate Agents have to sell the right houses to the right customer.... [tags: Papers]
2557 words (7.3 pages)
- Designing a Computer Based System General description of the task being undertaken A -------------------------------------------------- Mr. Green of Green Associates is a seller of many games, and at the moment archives all the information about the price of each game, the producer, and the genre using a pen and paper technique, which is to simply write on table in columns the information. This is tiresome and can be full of erroneous records as it is down to the human factor to make sure all data is correct, because of this it can be unreliable, it is not only tiresome to write all the information, but it also extremely hard to find a certain piece of inform... [tags: Papers]
3301 words (9.4 pages)
- Apple and Microsoft are one of the biggest computer systems known to man. Both are very different from each other that attract many people. Apple offers unique products and gadgets within the device. It comes with a variety of different things that have multiple positive items. Apple is clearly a better choice when it comes to electronic devices. Apple consists of multiple different devices. Each and everyone can link to each device so you can access whatever you 're doing on any of your devices.... [tags: Apple Inc., Operating system, IWork, Computer]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- Subsystems Identify subsystems in technological systems The definition of a subsystem is a system within a system larger than itself. An example of technological subsystems would be the hard drive, the motherboard, the power supply, the random access memory and the monitor in the computer system. All the components work together to be able to recreate the modern computer. 1. The Case is used to keep all of the components together and connects to the motherboard. It is connected using the LED cables to light up the LEDs at the front of the computer case.... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Operating system]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- Designing a Computer Based System for an Accountant Ashok Lakhani and Sarjit Desai run a business consultancy firm. They do simple accounts like payroll, tax, national insurance, VAT returns and Tax rebates. They use a manual paper based system to keep records of their accounts. They use a pen, paper and calculator to analyse their accounts. I recommend that they use a few stand-alone computers to make their accounting easier and quicker. (b) Types of processing activity o Calculatingcould be done in Microsoft Excel, which is spreadsheet software where a formula can be used.... [tags: Papers]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- Designing a Computer System for the Enfield Hotel Background The company is called the Enfield hotel. It is located in north London. The Enfield hotel is a well established local hotel accommodating business and leisure needs. It has an excellent well earned reputation for the food served in the restaurant. The Etruscan restaurant is for evening meals and breakfast. Style and dÃ©cor of the restaurant provides a very special dining experience. The restaurant is capable of holding 40 seated people, and the ratio of people staying in the hotel and eating for evening meals is 3:1.... [tags: Papers]
2501 words (7.1 pages)
- Designing a New Computer-Based Ordering System 'East Down Sports Company' specialises in sports and leisure clothing as well as sports and casual footwear. These products are available at knock down prices and can be viewed in the company's catalogue which is distributed to all its customers. Once the customer has decided on the product(s) that they desire, they send the order slip back to the company. The company then processes the order form and determines whether or not the item(s) are in stock.... [tags: Papers]
2467 words (7 pages)
- Building a Mass Balance to Measure Small Weights Using a Rotary Potentiometer
- The Effect of the Amount of Sodium Chloride on the Electric Current During Electrolysis
- Investigating the DNA
- Effect of Concentration on the Rates of Reaction Between Hydrochloric Acid and Marble Chips
- Math Investigation of Painted Cubes
- Investigating the Relationship Between the Stairs and the Position of the Step Stair
Predictive sales figure:
Payments for the supplies;
50% of the predicted sale.
Electricity and gas bills
> £500 for May
> £400 for August
> £400 for June
> £400 for September
> £2, 00 in May
Data capture form:
opening bank balance
closing bank balance
This is data capture sheet which shows the data required for six
Software requirements: -
The application software wills use in computer system in Pizza palace
are Word processing, spread sheet, scan disk because these soft wares
are easy to use.
ME, XP and professional
This system software will used in computer system in Pizza palace are
Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP Professional because they are not complicated
The Utility software will use in computer system in pizza palace are
anti virus, databases and MacAfee because these software are new.
The input devices that they will use are mouse, keyboard and scanners.
These input devices that they will use will be wireless and digital
because if they want to use the mouse or keyboard for typing they can
[IMAGE] 1) Keyboard
The most common input device will use is the standard computer
keyboard. When a key is processed a signal id sent from the keyboard
to the computer processor. Keyboards are used in pizza palace offices
so that their staff could enter in data.
Another common Input device is the mouse. Mousses are very easy to use
they usually have 2 or 3 buttons. Under the mouse there is a ball,
which rotates when the mouse is moved across a flat screen. Mouse is
used in pizza palace offices so that their staff could open up
software's, databases and spreadsheets.
[IMAGE]Pizza palace uses their scanner to scan in pictures taken with
a normal camera or digital camera so they can be used in catalogues.
They also use this device so that reports can be scanned in order to
speed up work rather then typing it up.
The output devices that they will use are printer, monitor and
speakers. They are going to use printer to print their files such as
posters and banners. Monitor will help to look at what they are doing
and speakers will help to hear voice mail etc.
Pizza palace will use printers in there offices to print out
information about their customers and to print their monthly
magazines. Printers make a permanent copy of the work on the screen.
It copies exactly what you have on your screen to paper.
[IMAGE] Monitor is computers screen; another name for monitor is
visual display unit (VDU). Pizza palace has monitors in their offices
it is another output device which is often more often because it is
used while the operator is using the computer. Monitors are like TV
screens. It shows the data input from you keyboard, scanner and
digital camera and shows you what way you are pointing your mouse.
Some of Pizza palace computers are fitted with small internal speakers
that will make a noise for example if you hit the wrong key. You can
even listen to music whilst you work on the computer by plugging in a
headphone so you don't disturb anyone from working. They look like hi-
fi speakers. There can also be used to test the music there have on
The storage devices that they will use are CD and Floppy disk. The CD
will allow them to install anything they want and the floppy disk will
allow them take files out of the computer.
[IMAGE]1) CD Rom
Some computers in Pizza palace have a CD Rom (compact disk, read only
memory) because it is only needed to open up a disk, which has
information which can't stored in a floppy disk.
2) Floppy Disk drive
[IMAGE]Every computer in Pizza palace has a floppy disk drive because
it enables you to save files onto a floppy disk so that you can take
data files between home and All-Star promotion and make back up files
as security measure.
The processor that they are going to use is CPU (Central processing
unit). This processor will solve every command that given to it.
[IMAGE]The CPU (central processing unit) is silicon chip another name
for it is processor. Pizza palace has CPU in every computer system
because without it the computer can't work it is the brain of the
computer system. All the hardware attached to the computer system are
controlled by the CPU are called peripheral device or simply
peripheral. How ever fast your processor work's that's how fats your
computer works. Intel Pentium, AMD, Athol XP and Intel Celeron
processor are companies that make and design the CPU.
There are 3 main parts to the CPU, which are the control unit (CU) the
Arithmetic, and Logical unit (ALU) and the Immediate Store (LAS)
An all-Star promotion uses 1.8 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor.
System flow chart
To check my formulas I need to use Microsoft Excel and inserted a
smaller number of casual figures.
By clicking the auto sum key and then switching it to the formula mode
shows me the formula used to work out extra work.
By using this formula =Sum (A1:A2)
My test was successful seeing that the calculations were exact as
This is a copy of a PIZZA PALACE Vat cash flow howing the entire bank
Opening Bank Balance(A)
Electricity and gas
Total Expenditure (C)
Net Cash Flow B-C (D)
Closing Bank Bal A+D
The appropriate backup measures that will be applied:
* Floppy disk
* CD- RW disk
* CD - Rom
The appropriate back up security measures that will be applied:
* [IMAGE]VirusScanScan disk
* Norton virus
* Fire well security
* Password Protection
* CCTV Cameras
[IMAGE]USER GUID: -
First you need to log on the computer and wait for few seconds until
the main desktop appears.
Then you need to click o start button on your desktop page and
Microsoft office and then Microsoft excel.
Then this page would appear.
Then you need to click on the left side button file and then open.
[IMAGE]After you click the open button then this open box will appear
on you screen. And you need to click on the book 1.
Then your cash flow system will appear and then you can make changes
on it or you can improve it.
[IMAGE]After you done everything and saved then you need to logoff.
And for logging off you need to again click on the left bottom start
button. And then log off.
[IMAGE]And then click Log off.