Essay PreviewMore ↓
"Oh no" said Liam " Sam's passed outâ€¦. again" He carried on while
rolling his eyes " It's your turn to wake him up I think George".
George turned his head around ignoring the TV for the first time in 5
" Huh?" being his usual talkative self " What you want now? They're
about to show David Brent again". Liam, also known as Limpit to his
closer friends, turned on a sixpence saying, "If you don't wake up
Sam, that pizza will become stuck to his face permanently." He nodded
towards a slumped Sam whose head was immersed in a mixture of pizza
dough, cheese and tomato sauce along with a few stray beans on the
side. George propped himself up trying to get a better look at Sam's
head, which was by now slowly sinking further and further into the
pizza dough. Peering around, George saw his younger brother Elliot
with his legs behind his head trying to drink a bottle of cola at the
same time. Liam noticed the expression on George's face. "Isaac told
Elliot that it would clear up his hiccups" he said with a shake of the
head and a sigh while clearing up what was left of the birthday cake.
"Where exactly is Isaac, Liam?" George said.
"He's outside I think talking to Sophie." As Liam said this he sped
past the chair George was in to try in help Elliot pry his legs from
behind his head.
"Ah ok, in that case I'd better get up and tidy all this mess up,
along with eventually waking Sam up." George stood up from the chair
that looked like it had been used far too much. It was being held
together with masking tape and spare bits of wood for splints. While
making his way over to Sam, George picked up a spatula, which he hoped
would give him some help in getting the remains of that pizza from
Sam's face. He grabbed Sam's earlobe, which happened to be the only
How to Cite this Page
"Sam's 19th Birthday - Original Writing." 123HelpMe.com. 29 Mar 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It was my mother’s birthday, I forgot which birthday it was. Two weeks before that day, I was thinking about what should I do for her birthday. I thought about getting her a present and a card, but it seemed to me too dull. I wonder what can I do to let her remember that birthday for the rest of her life, although I cannot remember which birthday it was. I thought of one thing that I always wanted to change about birthday — the cake. I was young and I believed that the cake was really important for birthdays.... [tags: Baking, Cake, Cakes, Bread]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- The Birthday Wish - Original Writing Its Chloe's thirteenth birthday - she's in her bedroom sitting on the bed dressed and ready for her guests to arrive. Her thoughts show her excitement for the day's event. (Room is decorated with banners and lit by spot light) I cant believe it, its my birthday today - I'm a teenager I've waited for this day all my life, funny really I thought I'd feel so different but I don't. Mum's down stairs getting it all ready- buffet is done (small laugh) a very posh word for a spread my Nan says.... [tags: Papers]
442 words (1.3 pages)
- The Birthday Nightmare - Original Writing It was the misty morning of Charl's 21st birthday. Herself, her partner and her best friend were preparing to travel from dull-skied Trenton, their hometown in New Jersey to Glamorous New York to celebrate Charl's birthday. Her best friend Sarah was to drive the kitted out van and her partner Leone was to accompany Charl on their first travel from the time when they were at college. Now geared up, they set off to New York. The Dodge Durango STL was travelling down the B849 at a steady speed as Leone luckily escaped a fatal car crash when he was 11, so he was slightly uncomfortable about travelling on reasonably sized jo... [tags: Papers]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- 34 years post-plague, Vasquez Landholdings, Southern Texas, fall of 2073 ?Hey Giana, guess what. I?m going to give you a spanking!. ?What for. If you do, I?ll tell on you!. ?No one likes a tattletale and everyone knows that the birthday girl gets spankings on her birthday.. Crossing her arms and shaking her head, looking at her brother, attempting her best imitation of their mother, ?I don?t think so.. Raymond, leaning in close to his sister?s face, ?Ooohh is the little baby girl gonna cry for Mommy.... [tags: Anxiety, Mother, Debut albums, 2007 singles]
3313 words (9.5 pages)
- Part A On my 17th birthday, my Kiwi friends, Maya and Sammy wanted to me to spend my birthday with them and throw a party. However, as an Indian New Zealander who identifies more as an Indian, my birthday is always spent with family in customary religious rituals. I explained to my friends that “I’m spending my birthday with my family” and suggested to go out on the following day instead. I assumed that they understood however, they took it personally and asked my mother, in person, if I could throw a party.... [tags: Cross-cultural communication, Culture]
1699 words (4.9 pages)
- This summer seemed to fly by as if it had never happened at all. Perhaps it didn’t. June had arrived in a heartbeat, considering I had my graduation to prepare for and has kept be more than occupied. July and August were Hell on Earth, and I can’t seem to change that it was all my fault. Now that September has graced us with its presence, I was finally able to move away from my home in Shenandoah, Louisiana, to move in with my aunt, Lorelei, so far away from home. Staying at home was a constant reminder of whom I am.... [tags: Family, Anxiety]
1849 words (5.3 pages)
- It was December 4, 2014 and it was snowing outside. I was sitting at the kitchen table doing homework. All my family was downstairs, so I was all alone. My English teacher told us to write a paper about how I am different from my classmates. I was thinking about what in my life makes me different and slowly my whole life was playing like a movie in my head. The first memory that popped into my head was my fourth birthday party. It was supposed to be the best birthday ever. My dad was going to come.... [tags: Family, Mother, Debut albums, Father]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- I'm Pregnant- Original Writing- "Incomplete Esssay" Background Information:- Young girl of sixteen called Cathy has found out that she is pregnant; she has decided to break the news to her long term boyfriend named Conner who is seventeen. Cathy is very nervous about the situation as she does not know how Conner is going to react. Cathy has known she is pregnant for a week but it has taken her this long to build up the courage to say something. To make matters worse her parents come from a strongly religious Catholic background which means if she tells her parents she could face having no moral support as sex before marriage is not approved and abortions are... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- It was a beautiful sunny morning; you could hear the birds singing in the background. I just woke up after a long sleep. It was now 11am and everyone was awake whizzing all around the house and I wondered what all the havoc was about. I came across my mum and asked, “What was going on”. I got no reply. It was like my mum didn’t even see me if I was invisible. After that I could not be bothered to ask because it looked like another busy Sunday morning. Later on the day I was getting bored and nothing was on the skinny TV of ours.... [tags: birthday,]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- When I was in preschool I can recall a lot of different small things and other things I remember with the help of my parents. When I was between 2-6 my family and I lived in our own house at the end of the street on the corner with a big yard. I had my own room right across from my parents room. My little brother also had his own room and my parents had their own room. My brother has the largest room but we also used it was a play area because it was big. One of my favorite toys my mom told me was teenaged mutant ninja turtles action figures.... [tags: Family, English-language films, Mother]
725 words (2.1 pages)
head while using the spatula somehow to prop the head 15 cms above the
mush, formally known as Sam's dinner. George slid the pizza box away
from the ever dropping head of Sam just in time to see his best
friend's head hit the coffee table with a bruising "thudump" as the
spatula gave way, bending in several places. Still holding the box,
George threw it across the room like the typical teenager would,
trying to get it into the big bin liner Liam was using to put all the
broken glass and cake in. George, not knowing his strength, hurled it
past the bin liner and onto the opposite wall watching the tomatoes,
strings of cheese, dough and the odd bean slide down the wall into a
depressing heap on the newly cleaned laminate floor. Distant groans
were being heard across the room as Sam was waking up from the mix of
alcohol in his stomach and pizza on his face, looking rather
bewildered at what was going on.
"Ermâ€¦. George?" he said while picking the cheese out of his nose.
"What happened?" he said looking around the room. He noticed Elliot
still having trouble with his leg behind his head, even with the help
of Liam putting all sorts of greasy gunk behind his head and on his
legs, then turned his head to see cake on one wall and pizza mush on
"Well" George explained "first of all you've been passed out on the
sofa for the last hour with your head submerged in pizza for most of
it. Elliot was told by a very helpful Isaac that If he got his legs
behind his head and drank the rest of the cola is would make those
hiccups of his go away. With Elliot being Elliot he believed him,
tried it and got stuck so Liam got the idea of trying to help, but
what he really wanted to do was see how much greasy muck he could get
in Elliot's ears, hair and on his new trousers. He hadn't realised
that all he had to do was untie his shoes. So, not much really."
George at that turned around and started hoovering up the pizza again.
Sam got up, looked around and saw that Isaac and Sophie weren't
talking anymore as they were before he passed out for the second time
that night. They were actually having a very competitive game of thumb
wars using both hands. Sam wandered over to the doorway on the living
room so he could see Elliot clearer. He chuckled to himself at the way
Elliot was positioned. Now he was rolling on the floor trying
unsuccessfully to get his arms about his ankles to reach his shoe
laces. He looked at his watch since it was almost pitch black in the
apartment apart from the odd lamp here and there and the TV being on.
He pressed the button above the LCD display on his watch, which would
make it speak out the time.
"The time is now thrix tendemffffffff" "ah bugger!" said Sam moving
over to a lamp to see what had happened to his watch, it was covered
in pizza paste and what smelt like cider. "Great," he said
sarcastically. "The first present broken." At that he ripped off the
watch and chucked it to George who put it in the bin liner. Since it
was starting to get cold outside, both Isaac and Sophie, still playing
thumb war doubles, made their way waddling awkwardly indoors.
"So, how did all this happen?" Sam said aloud. "I can't remember a
"Well" Sophie said breaking up the thumb wars and exclaiming to Isaac
that she won and that's that, told Sam " The whole story goes like
this really" she took the seat that George had previously occupied.
"We all arrived at just before midnight I think it was due to
someone's car braking down three times." She said while looking at
George "Anyway, to cut a long story short, we got here just before
midnight like I said and you had already been having a private
birthday tipple for one as you called it. George ordered in some pizza
for us to eat and a lot of cola because we were all thirsty. Isaac had
the smart idea of making you a cake since no one was nice enough to
make one so he set off to do that, which explains the mess in the
kitchen. Elliot ate what was left in your fridge. George started to
play football indoors and miss kicked the ball as he went to pass to
Elliot. He slipped and the ball went all over the place, breaking a
few glasses. That explains the glass being everywhere and the flat
football by the front door." Sophie stood up to open the window
because she was finding it too hot inside. She didn't realise that
there was leftover cake that George and Liam missed picking up and
missed it on the way over to the window. However, on the way back she
stepped in it, slipped and fell onto the house cat, Timothy. Timothy,
George's oldest friend for 11 good long years, had his life flash
annoyingly before his eyes. While watching this Timothy started to
count up how many of his nine lives he had already used up.
"Erm 1, 2, 3, 4â€¦5? Phew ok I've got 4 well no 3 left now that's ok."
At that he pulled himself up from underneath Sophie and the remaining
cake, swished his tail and went off looking for George craving a bit
of attention for his partly flattened body. Sophie, confused at how
the cat remained alive after what just happened got up, brushed the
icing out of her hair and picked up from where she left off with
telling Sam what else had happened.
"To be honest with you, that's it, total chaos." She stopped briefly
as she remembered what happened with Isaacs cake.
"There is the small matter of the birthday cake that Isaac was making.
While he was baking, it started to overflow in the oven and he must
have done something to it because when he opened up the oven door it
exploded all over the place, plastering the walls, ceiling and himself
with cake mix and the icing that was in his hand at the time."
"Bath City, League Cup winners for the second time in a row!" the TV
roared, breaking the silence that had once again entered the room.
"Scot Partridge, even without the aid of new boy Sam Buckley, still
managed to get 2 goals in the last dying minutes to make it 3-2 to
" NO!!!" shouted Sam from across the room, not believing what he just
heard "I missed the game! How could this happen to me?" He looked over
to the bottles of beer and cider.
"That could have been me," he sobbed "I'm never EVER drinking again."
Ever so quietly and slowly everyone: Isaac, Liam, Sophie, George and
Elliot, still with his legs behind his head, made their way out and
into the cold night, leaving Sam to himself once again to look over
what had been and what could have been.