Essay PreviewMore ↓
Sixteen-year-old Katie Shaw woke up breaking through layers of sleep.
She had dreamed that she could hear the thumping of the heavy orange
basketball her opposite neighbour and close friend used to play with
everyday. But she was wrong her mind was playing tricks with her, six
foot three inch Jordan Baker was eight foot under the ground buried
one week two days ago. Jordan and Katie were best friends ever since
nursery school, they went to the same high school and they both got a
place at the same college. Katie looked at her alarm clock; it was
only 6'o'clock the exact time Jordan used to practice his basketball
shooting on his diamond-patterned driveway.
She opened her lacy pink and white curtains and tied them back. Katie
then stood at her windowsill and looked out across the road at
Jordan's house. Oh, how she missed his teasing, the way he pulled her
long brown hair, the way they fought and the way they he played
basketball everyday just to disturb her sleep. Jordan had died two
weeks ago but it wasn't a normal death. It was terribly mysterious.
Katie and Jordan always stayed together they were known as one
Katie-Jordan. They also had one other close friend Mark. Mark was
devastated by the news of Jordan's death. He decided to leave the city
and move elsewhere. Katie hadn't seen him since.
Katie Shaw knew the secret of Jordan's young and mysterious death. She
had told the police. It was a very hard thing for Katie to talk about,
but she went through with it.
Jordan had been bullied to his death. Jordan was being bullied since
his first year at high school by two of the biggest boys in his class
Jamie parker and Jonathan Hill. His bullying started from little
things. They made him do their homework, bullied him for money and
even snatched his new mobile last year in front of mark.
Jordan told his mum a few times but after a few days his dad left them
How to Cite this Page
"The Boy Who was Bullied to Death - Original Writing." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Every person has a battle, something that makes them who they are. We push through life and we keep on moving. For some people, that means losing loved ones, being bullied, or moving away from everything you know. For me, this was my life. I lost people that I loved, I was bullied, and I left everything I knew. These three times in my life are what make me, me. They define who I am today. Before I was even born my dad’s parents had gotten a divorce and my grandma remarried a man named Wesley Armstrong.... [tags: Family, English-language films, Love, Class]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- I yanked out my earbuds.That noise had to be a scream.Leaping out of bed, I slowed down and gradually made my way to the door.I felt warm air the closer I moved to the closed door.I placed my hand on the warm doorknob, turning the handle hoping it was just dad making a big deal out of his painting mistakes.The door slammed open.I stepped out of my room.I could smell the smoke before I saw the flames.The flames had nearly reached the top of the stairs ."Daddy!" I screamed. The flames were dancing in the air.I felt a surge of fear as I watched the flames destroy everything within their path.My mind was only in one place, and that was if my dad was okay.... [tags: Mother, Family, Crying, Tears]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- When growing up I always had plenty of deaths in the family. I was never able to understand how a person, especially a child could experience 3-6 deaths a year. My heart was broken, eyes swollen, and emotionally unstable at the time. The truth be told I did not realize what to resolve with myself, besides lock in my emotions and fake they weren’t there. As a young man, I was taught not to show fear, tears, but only happiness. One day a remarkable shock hit me when I received a call about my grandfather’s death.... [tags: Death of a Salesman, Family, Truth, Reality]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- I'm Pregnant- Original Writing- "Incomplete Esssay" Background Information:- Young girl of sixteen called Cathy has found out that she is pregnant; she has decided to break the news to her long term boyfriend named Conner who is seventeen. Cathy is very nervous about the situation as she does not know how Conner is going to react. Cathy has known she is pregnant for a week but it has taken her this long to build up the courage to say something. To make matters worse her parents come from a strongly religious Catholic background which means if she tells her parents she could face having no moral support as sex before marriage is not approved and abortions are... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- Bullying is nothing new but now times have changed because technology has made it possible for teenagers to bully one another without having to be face to face. This type of bullying is known as Cyber bullying. Cyber bullying is another method that is being used in today’s society to bullied one another and it takes place using technologic devices such as; computers, tablets, cell phone and using social media websites such as; facebook, twitter Instagram etc.. Although cyber bullying is not physical it has become a big problem in today’s society affecting many families psychologically and resulting in irreversible outcomes.... [tags: face to face, suicide, facebook, twitter]
1538 words (4.4 pages)
- Life or Death. - Original Writing That is the Question -------------------- “What you say we treat ourselves to a wild night out, honey?” “At this time it’s only 9 o’clock.” “Yeah, I mean later on, say 10 o’clock.” “Yeah sure, why not, at least that way I can show you what I’m made of.” “Alright, yeah sure.” “You go and get ready knowing beautiful girls like you take years to get ready.” “Shhhhh.” Hannah hurries off to get ready with her body full of energy and excitement, while her fiancé Ed has a feeling of fear going through his nerves and tries to sit down and relieve this fear.... [tags: Papers]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Death Camp - Original Writing It all began when a group of old friends decided they wanted to go camping for the weekend. All they wanted was to have a laugh, get drunk and have good last memories of their time together before they went to university in different parts of the country. Camping seemed like a perfect way to say goodbye, or so they thought. Sitting around a warm campfire, toasting marshmellows and sharing memories, they would remember the good times and leave on a good note, the troubles of the past forgotten.... [tags: Papers]
505 words (1.4 pages)
- Speaking Death - Original Writing When we were younger I always used to ignore my brother Wayne’s shouts and screams. Now we are adults, and even though I try to ignore his yelling with all my might the sounds that emanate from his mouth still infiltrate into my mind. You would think that he was in pain. He was, I guess, in the pain of frustration, in the pain of being unable to speak. All the sounds he could ever make were screams and whines. Everyone pities people like that, including me of course.... [tags: Papers]
604 words (1.7 pages)
- Death Cannot Be Escaped- Original Writing There was once a man called Jack and he loved life so much he never wanted to die. He and his friends all lived in a little valley away from everybody. One day Jack decided to go see the lady of the cave to ask if there was any way in which he could live forever. When he got there the woman said, “I know why you have come.” Jack thought this woman was kind of scary but Jack didn’t mind at all and she said, “But there is nothing I can do for you.... [tags: Papers]
446 words (1.3 pages)
- Death of an Airman - Original Writing I crawled frantically underneath the deck, desperately hunting for that last fuel tank, that might keep us airborne for a few more hours. "Its too late!" screamed one of the pilots, "we'll have to make an emergency landing" "NO" I cried, "there must be some more fuel". More trying to repress my own fears than anything else; only the reassuring sound of the engine kept me straining to find some way to save us. The sound of silence swept the plane, my heart skipped a beat as I heard the engine expire.... [tags: Short Story, Original Writing]
691 words (2 pages)
the time. Jordan's mum didn't bother much about her son after his dad
left. But when the news of Jordan's death came she totally lost it,
she left her house, car and she didn't tell anyone where she was
going. Jordan's mum didn't even want to know how he had died.
Jordan always confided in Katie, he told her everything. Jamie Parker
and Jonathan hill were questioned the next day of Jordan's death. But
both of them said they know nothing and didn't see Jordan the day he
died. But Katie knew even if the didn't murder him they definitely
were the cause of Jordan's death. Katie used to tell Jordan to go to
the police about the bullies but he didn't listen to her, he was to
scared. He moved his class a few times, but they both knew Jordan's
phone number and address.
Katie had decided she wasn't going to sit back until Jonathan and
Jamie confessed how they twisted Jordan's brain. They used to say to
Jordan that he was mental and laughed when they found out Jordan's dad
had left them. In fact Jordan's brain was so screwed up he used to cut
open his arms with a knife. Katie once went to see him and he tried
covering his arms but there was red blood gushing everywhere. Katie
asked him what happened and he told her he was sick of his life and
wanted to die.
Katie comforted him and said she will sort something out. The next day
she went to Jonathan and Jamie and asked them what their problem was.
They said Jordan was fun to tease. Two days after she had said this to
them Jordan had died. He was found in the local park, his body leaning
against the biggest oak tree in the park. He was looking blue and
black all over, there were bruises on his face and there was blood
gushing out of his arms again.
"That's it" Katie said to herself. "I have to stop thinking about
Jordan and move on." She was looking in the mirror in her bedroom and
she was crying for the first time after Jordan's death.
She was thinking what it felt like being bullied and doing nothing
about it. "Of all people why did it have to be Jordan" she was
screaming now. Her mother came in and said
"Its ok sweetie, I know how you feel. Jordan was a great boy, but why
didn't he talk to anyone about his bullying problems?"
Katie still crying said "He did mum he told everyone, he told the
teachers, his mum and me. No one listened to him except me. But what
could I have done. I tried comforting him but I don't know what
happened. Everything happened so fast."
Her mum said " Katie put it behind you and move on. It's your first
day at college tomorrow make a fresh start. You have to face it. There
is no Jordan anymore." Saying this her mum went out of her bedroom.
Next day she went to college and Katie was about to explode when she
found out who was in her class, Jonathan and Jamie. They were giving
her dirty looks. But next day there was a really big surprise for
Katie, Jonathan and Jamie came up to her and said "We're really sorry
and we are both ready to go to the police. We didn't murder Jordan but
we did beat him up. A few punches here and a few kicks there but
please help us. Jordan is going to kill us." They were both babbling
on. At first Katie had no idea what they were talking about, but she
soon began to follow. If they were both lying, she thought, she would
kill them. They carried on and said how they had a dream about Jordan
and he was saying he was going to kill them and he wasn't dead.
At 6'o'clock they went to the police station together including Katie.
Jonathan and Jamie told them what they did to Jordan and the police
arrested them. They had a court hearing the next day. They both got a
hearing of eight months in prison.
Katie was smiling as she was walking home. She was about to open the
front door with her keys; she turned around and could have sworn she
saw Jordan with his basketball smiling at her. But she thought to
herself, it was nothing just my mind playing tricksâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦