Essay PreviewMore ↓
"He's waiting for you," Mumbled a fellow sixth former who brushed past
Michael's left arm.
Michael gulped and lugged his bag over his tired shoulder and
proceeded to the tall black gate. He reached the gate; it was about
7ft tall with thin back metal bars. He looked over his left shoulder,
scanned the school and carried on walking. He went left heading
towards the car park that leads to the bus stop on the corner of the
As Michael went past a few cars he noticed a group of year 11's who
where also passing through the car park, he tagged along at the back,
put on his bright red cap on top of his spiked jet black hair, did up
the buttons on his blazer and kept low. This was quite hard for
Michael as he was 5ft 11 and the rest where a mere 5ft 7, so he
towered over them.
Michael reached the height limit bar of the car park when he saw Tom.
He ducked down behind the car but 1 of Tom's gang members had noticed
him. He owed Tom money from an mp3 player that Tom had stolen for him.
Tom was taller than Michael and had blonde hair. He was wearing a
baseball cap and a dark blue tracksuit. He was 17 like Michael but did
not go to school anymore.
"Oi!" Shouted Tom.
Michael kept quiet taking his red cap off and tucking it into his
black blazer. He started to move around the car.
"Oi Michael!" Shouted Tom for the second time.
Michael popped his head up and replied saying "What?"
"Where's my money?" Bellowed Tom "The full £100"
"Ummm?" Muttered Michael lost for words.
Michael stood still not knowing what to do. Tom walked over with his
gang closely behind him.
"I haven't got it today Tom, I'm sorry!"
"You said that yesterday and the day before I still aint' got a pound
of my money!"
How to Cite this Page
"How much is life worth? - Original Writing." 123HelpMe.com. 18 Jun 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It was April 22rd 2014, and it started out like any other day. I had just hopped into bed with my mother like I usually did after I woke up on school days, only to find her solemn and hear her say, “Debbie, Ethan was shot last night and was found dead at the scene”. I remember laying in bed and letting those words sink in- trying to fully grasp how this would alter my life and community. The words that my mother spoke quickly shook my world up like a snowglobe and it took a while to settle back down.... [tags: Life, Death, Fayray, Sibling]
711 words (2 pages)
- Okay, before anything else, I will say that I have run this letter through both PaperRater and Grammarly, but I am still going to apologize for any grammar mistakes you pick up in this paper, because I always manage to have some. Now, with my apology out of the way, I would like to tell you how thankful I am to have had you as my teacher this year. I will admit that at the beginning of the year, I was filled with trepidation, mostly because even though my past seniors told me I would be fine in the class, I also had quite a few seniors tell me that the class was incredibly hard.... [tags: Writing, Thought, Government, Writing style]
1036 words (3 pages)
- The Life of a Child- Original Writing The first fall of snow is not only an event, but it is a magical event. You go to the bed in one kind of world and wake up to find yourself in another, quite different. If all the snow fell at once in one shattering crash, the event would be robbed of its wonder.... [tags: Papers]
717 words (2 pages)
- The Essence of Life- Original Writing Ahmed a 15 year old boy sits alone in his room, the silence lingers menacingly. Only broken by tears that fall from his eyes. He is sat with a pen and paper; he begins to write a letter to his father yet is aware that his father is dead. (A voice echoes the letter he writes) Voice: Father, I know you are there listening to me, watching us suffer constantly. God has given you freedom from this world, when will we get ours. We took your advice, we came to Britain but Khalif did not let Khalia go, he forced her to stay.... [tags: Papers]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- The Life of Billy- Original Writing I intend to describe Billy’s school and explain to what extent the school has helped him achieve his full potential whilst attending the school. The author’s intentions when writing ‘A Kestrel for a Knave’ were to highlight how defective the school was at helping Billy to be a successful person in life. Billy’s school was an all boy’s school situated in Barnsley. The school was run by corporal punishment, and the head teacher believed that is how it should be.... [tags: Papers]
1728 words (4.9 pages)
- Writing From Life - Original Writing I couldn’t even look her in the eye. Not after what I’d done. What she’d done. Being part of a big family was difficult, but you always had someone to talk to, but not this time. I was generally closest to Rabia. She was two years younger than me, and to her, everything was simple and had a simple answer. I think that’s why we were so close. She was always great if you had a problem, or needed help. She was also fun to be with, making up games that people would normally call childish, but because she made them up, they were ‘cool’.... [tags: Papers]
1693 words (4.8 pages)
- My Life - Original Writing It is the year 3000. The school I am at is smiggles Junior, I am getting ready to go up to a new school called smog's high school. There's only two days left to go and I am getting nervous. I have all the visits and im going to be the bottom of the school again by the way im zoop zog from the planet zap on the horos band and im here to give you the story of my life, probably boring, but who knows what will happen. Hi, good morning one more day left to go at smiggles but I have to leave.... [tags: Papers]
617 words (1.8 pages)
- Death Cannot Be Escaped- Original Writing There was once a man called Jack and he loved life so much he never wanted to die. He and his friends all lived in a little valley away from everybody. One day Jack decided to go see the lady of the cave to ask if there was any way in which he could live forever. When he got there the woman said, “I know why you have come.” Jack thought this woman was kind of scary but Jack didn’t mind at all and she said, “But there is nothing I can do for you.... [tags: Papers]
446 words (1.3 pages)
- Original Writing Having always been of an inquisitive mind, the complex processes involved in the natural sciences especially fascinate me; which is why I have chosen to study biomedical science for my degree subject. What I enjoy most about the study of living organisms is the ability to study them right down at its cellular level and learning about the endless ways in which factors can affect them in health and disease. The accomplishments gained from simply knowing how cells function make research worthwhile, since the exciting paths encompassing the ideas in cytology can lead to so many beneficial advantages to society, for example in uses such as biotechnolog... [tags: Papers]
553 words (1.6 pages)
- Original Writing I will be writing a story about an American Family, who has a very intelligent twelve year old child. Who has to undergo an Intelligence test, to see how bright he actually is. After a few hours of waiting, the results return and prove to be conclusive, and, as a result the boy is forced to have his brain removed. And replaced because he is seen as a threat to the future. It is either this, or faces Imprisonment. 'So, it's tomorrow then?', groaned the twelve year old boy.... [tags: Papers]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
"Yea stab 'im up blud!" Replied another.
Tom reached into his dark black blazer. He looked in and brought his
hand out. He had a knife grasped in his hand. He walked over to
Michael slowly, his gang stayed behind him.
"Please don't Tom!" Shouted Michael as he backed away from Tom. "I
will do anything!"
"It's too late now."
The knife was already in Michael's upper torso, blood soaking through
his pristine white shirt. With his last gasp Michael said "It was only
Tom prised the knife from Michael's failing body. His gang had already
dispersed out of the car park; Tom threw the knife into a thick bush
and ran to the bus stop leaving Michael in the middle of the road.
Pete parked up along side his 1884 Victorian Terrace house. He slammed
the door of his silver Ford Fiesta, and walked up the brown path. He
pulled out his key from his suit and opened the wooden door.
"Hello, anybody in?" He shouted up the stairs.
There was no reply, so he walked into the front room looked around and
went back into the corridor. He looked at the phone and checked for
messages, there were none. He started to dial the phone.
"Hello Mum?" he said down the phone.
"Okay! I'm coming now!"
Pete slammed down the phone put a jacket on and left the house. He
shut the door and ran to his silver car.
Pete reached Chase Farm Hospital and ran to the big green double
doors. He dodged through the patients and headed towards the
"Hello, how can I help you? Asked the blonde haired women at
"Where's my brother?" Replied Pete
"What is his name?"
"Okay I will check on the computer."
The blonde receptionist started typing on the computer rapidly
searching for Michael's room number.
"Michael Kensitt is in room 21!"She said whilst still staring at the
"First left and then fourth door on the right."
Pete turned around and sprinted towards the room. He reached room 18
and moved on to the next door 19 then 20 then 21. He looked through
the double glazed glass of the door. He could see Michael lying in the
middle of the bed, Michael looked lifeless. No colour in his face at
all. He opened the door slowly to see his Dad and his Mum at the
"How is he?" he asked as his sat down on the chair next to his Mum.
"Were just waiting for the results now." She said whilst grasping his
There was total silence for a whole 10 minutes with them all just
staring into Michael's eyes. The Doctor entered the room and was
looking very disappointed.
"It's bad news isn't it?" Asked Michael's Mum standing up.
"Yes it is I am afraid." Replied the Doctor. "It is unlikely that he