Essay PreviewMore ↓
Krrrriiiinnggg!!!! Ah, the sound of that bell never sounded so
blissful on that day. It was time for our so-called sem-break while
actually having trimesters. Everyone was so eager to get out of the
classroom and go to their pre-planned gimmicks. Some were going to
malls, some to their usual hang-out place, and others were itching to
play basketball. I thought this break would be a lot of fun and that
it would be a very good opportunity for me to catch up on the sleep I
have been missing. It turned out to be the very opposite, though.
The first forty-eight hours of the sem-break was the only fun part.
During those hours, I and my friends went to watch a movie and they
slept over in my house. We also got to go swimming and experience the
laugh-trip on having Randy get lost inside the village. It was fun
although my plan on catching up on a lot of winks was totally ruined.
The night when they slept-over was totally not a sleep night. It was
one of those nights where everyone does not feel like sleeping and the
temptation to jump on the bed becomes irresistible. I told myself that
it was okay to miss this night's sleep for there were other nights to
come. Boy, what a mistake.
Time soon came when I and my friends had to part ways. I had other
gimmicks to attend to and this time I was off to a party. I did not
know where the party really was so I just took my luck with me and
went looking for it on my own. My luck turned me down very bad that
time. I could not find where the party was and what's worse was that I
ended up getting lost. I had to take a taxi home and after paying the
driver 250 pesos, I conked out on my bed way past two o'clock in the
morning. It was another night of ruined sleep since I had to wake up
early again to go Halloween shopping with my mother.
How to Cite this Page
"Original Writing." 123HelpMe.com. 15 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Original Writing My writing as a poet has been heavily influenced by writers like Langston Hughes, Nikki Giovanni, Alice Walker and Slam poets such as Black Thought and the Last Poets. These writers write and speak about the struggles and uniqueness of Black culture. Their individual experiences and political stances as well as the influences of other artist are evident in their work. For example in Giovanni’s poem “Revolutionary Music” she quotes some of the lyrics from Sam Cooke and James Brown to illustrate her personal views on racism and the equal rights movements.... [tags: Plagiarism Influence Authors Argumentative Essays]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- Original Writing My parents had gone to my dad’s work’s dinner and dance and my sister had gone to the pub with some friends. I was home alone. I was sitting in the living room watching the cricket on TV, when I got a phone call: it was my sister, I couldn’t understand her and then I hung up, I thought to myself that was a bit weird, but thought nothing of it. She got back about two minutes later, she said “I’ve been in a car crash” she said. She was with two mates, one had been in the car with her and the other had been driving behind her.... [tags: Free Essays]
396 words (1.1 pages)
- Original Writing Krrrriiiinnggg!!!. Ah, the sound of that bell never sounded so blissful on that day. It was time for our so-called sem-break while actually having trimesters. Everyone was so eager to get out of the classroom and go to their pre-planned gimmicks. Some were going to malls, some to their usual hang-out place, and others were itching to play basketball. I thought this break would be a lot of fun and that it would be a very good opportunity for me to catch up on the sleep I have been missing.... [tags: Papers]
451 words (1.3 pages)
- Original Writing The Rink, a place of glory, and defeat, a place of love, and hate. As you walked down the tiled corridor, your foot steps echo back and forth, your breath joins the echoing so the foot steps are not lonely. You are walking across at fast pace but as you go past there is pictures nailed up on the wall showing faces of delight. Looking at these pictures you hear shouting and cheering, it was the caught moment of past glory; it was a picture of you. There in fount of you there is a brass shiny door knob, you place your worn hand on it and as you do there is a white flash.... [tags: Free Essays]
407 words (1.2 pages)
- Original Writing I can't have been more than about 3 at the time. This is the main reason I can't remember much about this particular time. From the snippets I do remember, I shall try to explain to you, my last few days before I had to leave Turkey to come to London. I didn't actually know that this day was going to be different from any other; but when you're 3 you don't actually have much control over what your day will be like so this was pretty much a given. My first memory of the day consists of the daily routines after you get up: washing your face, brushing your teeth.... [tags: Papers]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- Original Writing "A distant howl broke the silence" "Come on, time to go!" I heard Mum shouting. I quickly jumped off my bed and grabbed my green rucksack. On the way out of the bedroom I whipped my baseball off the peg and sat it on my head. Down the stairs I ran and stroked the cat on my way out. It was time to go. I spent the last week packing and unpacking my bag. I was so excited that I couldn't think about anything else. This was finally the day I had been looking forward to for the last two months.... [tags: Papers]
657 words (1.9 pages)
- Original Writing I will be writing a story about an American Family, who has a very intelligent twelve year old child. Who has to undergo an Intelligence test, to see how bright he actually is. After a few hours of waiting, the results return and prove to be conclusive, and, as a result the boy is forced to have his brain removed. And replaced because he is seen as a threat to the future. It is either this, or faces Imprisonment. 'So, it's tomorrow then?', groaned the twelve year old boy.... [tags: Papers]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Original Writing Having always been of an inquisitive mind, the complex processes involved in the natural sciences especially fascinate me; which is why I have chosen to study biomedical science for my degree subject. What I enjoy most about the study of living organisms is the ability to study them right down at its cellular level and learning about the endless ways in which factors can affect them in health and disease. The accomplishments gained from simply knowing how cells function make research worthwhile, since the exciting paths encompassing the ideas in cytology can lead to so many beneficial advantages to society, for example in uses such as biotechnolog... [tags: Papers]
553 words (1.6 pages)
- Original Writing A crunch of pebbles as a perfectly crafted square of engineered metal falls to the beach. 5 figures crawl from their vessel onto a dreary beachhead. The rain beat down on a terrible Tuesday night. Silver, a man in his prime of physical fitness, shivered in the cold. Like lambs his men followed him intently, without question. In their minds, however, they were at home. With their wives and girlfriends, away from the war. Too many men have perished on this 2-mile stretch of coastline for man to contemplate, for a war that is yet to be understood.... [tags: Papers]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- Original Writing The tranquil skyline of New York was the setting for my office. I was on the 42nd floor working for the world leading G.H.Martin & Son, the stockbrokers. My office had some of the most beautiful views in the world. You could look out of the window and look at all of the boats in the docks going about their daily business. When I used to stay at work late, you could see the beautiful red sun going down behind the buildings, I could not have wished for anything better.... [tags: Papers]
618 words (1.8 pages)
Halloween was no fun either. Our maids were out on vacation so I had
to clean the car, fix my own bed, and wash the dishes. This was
supposed to be a break, not a work day! After all those hard chores in
the house, I went to this scheduled gimmick with my friends in the
village to play billiards. We played till twelve in the morning and
when I got home, I found out that we were to go to the province to
visit my dead relatives. We were to leave the house in the morning
meaning another night of incomplete sleep! This break was turning into
Morning came and the trip to Laguna began. I thought that the long
trip inside the car would help me rest and relax but that did not
happen. My buttocks were getting pins and needles from sitting down on
the seat for two hours and the feeling of boredom and restlessness
overwhelmed me to the extent that a physics lecture inside the
classroom would be more exciting. We got to Laguna in four hours and
we came home at around one in the morning. The day ended and sleep
still seemed to be in a far off place.
However, I found sleep in the following days. I only had three days of
complete sleep and during those days, no fun seemed to arrive my way.
I had no gimmicks or whatsoever and the greatest thing I accomplished
was to only finish one book entitled 'The Twelfth Angel'. Those days
gave me the feeling that I was not alive at all.
The sem-break was surely not at all what I thought it would be. It
only seemed to tire me more and when I had the chance to rest, the
expected 'fun' was not in it. What a sem-break!