Essay PreviewMore ↓
RRRIIINNNGGG! RRRIIINNNGGG!!! Not again, this was the limit.
RRRIIINNNGGG! I rolled out of bed, and hit the cold wooden floor of my
temporary accommodation. I strolled half asleep to the phone, and
picked it up, "Helloooo," I yawned down the phone. I had a very good
idea of who might have woken me up, as early as it was.
"Hi, honey, are you ok?" asked my wife Julie; confirming my
"I'm fine thanks dear, you had to call again, and you know I'm flying
back in a couple of hours time." I sounded I annoyed, but I loved her
deep down, and she knew it.
"I was just calling to make sure you were ok and everything, oh well,
now that I know, I am happy. Can't wait to see you, bye now," she
"Bye," I replied, knowing that while I had been on this business trip,
she had woken me every morning, and today would not be any different.
I looked around at the room, and saw that for the last three days this
had been my home. I had been living here in Boston; I had come here
due to some business meeting. I would be flying back in a couple of
hours, and then I would be back to my sweet wife, Julie.
There were still a few things left to pack. I took of my clothes and
went to the bathroom. I turned on the shower, and waited before the
steam started to rise before stepping into the cubicle. I had a nice
refreshing shower, and then got out, dried myself up, and put on some
clothes. I put the rest of my clothes, toiletries and other things
into my bag, which had been next to my bed, propped up against the
wall. I went out and came back an hour or so later, I had just been to
see a friend before I left.
I took a last look around the room, and gathering my stuff, left the
hotel. I stood outside in the bright sunlight, looking for a taxi; I
How to Cite this Page
"Original Writing." 123HelpMe.com. 09 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Original Writing My writing as a poet has been heavily influenced by writers like Langston Hughes, Nikki Giovanni, Alice Walker and Slam poets such as Black Thought and the Last Poets. These writers write and speak about the struggles and uniqueness of Black culture. Their individual experiences and political stances as well as the influences of other artist are evident in their work. For example in Giovanni’s poem “Revolutionary Music” she quotes some of the lyrics from Sam Cooke and James Brown to illustrate her personal views on racism and the equal rights movements.... [tags: Plagiarism Influence Authors Argumentative Essays]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- Original Writing My parents had gone to my dad’s work’s dinner and dance and my sister had gone to the pub with some friends. I was home alone. I was sitting in the living room watching the cricket on TV, when I got a phone call: it was my sister, I couldn’t understand her and then I hung up, I thought to myself that was a bit weird, but thought nothing of it. She got back about two minutes later, she said “I’ve been in a car crash” she said. She was with two mates, one had been in the car with her and the other had been driving behind her.... [tags: Free Essays]
396 words (1.1 pages)
- Original Writing Krrrriiiinnggg!!!. Ah, the sound of that bell never sounded so blissful on that day. It was time for our so-called sem-break while actually having trimesters. Everyone was so eager to get out of the classroom and go to their pre-planned gimmicks. Some were going to malls, some to their usual hang-out place, and others were itching to play basketball. I thought this break would be a lot of fun and that it would be a very good opportunity for me to catch up on the sleep I have been missing.... [tags: Papers]
451 words (1.3 pages)
- Original Writing The Rink, a place of glory, and defeat, a place of love, and hate. As you walked down the tiled corridor, your foot steps echo back and forth, your breath joins the echoing so the foot steps are not lonely. You are walking across at fast pace but as you go past there is pictures nailed up on the wall showing faces of delight. Looking at these pictures you hear shouting and cheering, it was the caught moment of past glory; it was a picture of you. There in fount of you there is a brass shiny door knob, you place your worn hand on it and as you do there is a white flash.... [tags: Free Essays]
407 words (1.2 pages)
- Original Writing I can't have been more than about 3 at the time. This is the main reason I can't remember much about this particular time. From the snippets I do remember, I shall try to explain to you, my last few days before I had to leave Turkey to come to London. I didn't actually know that this day was going to be different from any other; but when you're 3 you don't actually have much control over what your day will be like so this was pretty much a given. My first memory of the day consists of the daily routines after you get up: washing your face, brushing your teeth.... [tags: Papers]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- Original Writing "A distant howl broke the silence" "Come on, time to go!" I heard Mum shouting. I quickly jumped off my bed and grabbed my green rucksack. On the way out of the bedroom I whipped my baseball off the peg and sat it on my head. Down the stairs I ran and stroked the cat on my way out. It was time to go. I spent the last week packing and unpacking my bag. I was so excited that I couldn't think about anything else. This was finally the day I had been looking forward to for the last two months.... [tags: Papers]
657 words (1.9 pages)
- Original Writing I will be writing a story about an American Family, who has a very intelligent twelve year old child. Who has to undergo an Intelligence test, to see how bright he actually is. After a few hours of waiting, the results return and prove to be conclusive, and, as a result the boy is forced to have his brain removed. And replaced because he is seen as a threat to the future. It is either this, or faces Imprisonment. 'So, it's tomorrow then?', groaned the twelve year old boy.... [tags: Papers]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Original Writing Having always been of an inquisitive mind, the complex processes involved in the natural sciences especially fascinate me; which is why I have chosen to study biomedical science for my degree subject. What I enjoy most about the study of living organisms is the ability to study them right down at its cellular level and learning about the endless ways in which factors can affect them in health and disease. The accomplishments gained from simply knowing how cells function make research worthwhile, since the exciting paths encompassing the ideas in cytology can lead to so many beneficial advantages to society, for example in uses such as biotechnolog... [tags: Papers]
553 words (1.6 pages)
- Original Writing A crunch of pebbles as a perfectly crafted square of engineered metal falls to the beach. 5 figures crawl from their vessel onto a dreary beachhead. The rain beat down on a terrible Tuesday night. Silver, a man in his prime of physical fitness, shivered in the cold. Like lambs his men followed him intently, without question. In their minds, however, they were at home. With their wives and girlfriends, away from the war. Too many men have perished on this 2-mile stretch of coastline for man to contemplate, for a war that is yet to be understood.... [tags: Papers]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- Original Writing The tranquil skyline of New York was the setting for my office. I was on the 42nd floor working for the world leading G.H.Martin & Son, the stockbrokers. My office had some of the most beautiful views in the world. You could look out of the window and look at all of the boats in the docks going about their daily business. When I used to stay at work late, you could see the beautiful red sun going down behind the buildings, I could not have wished for anything better.... [tags: Papers]
618 words (1.8 pages)
putting my stuff in the boot of the yellow car.
"Where to?" said the young driver, he was wearing sunglasses, a hooded
top, and a cap, he seemed friendly though, as he smiled at me looking
"Airport, and try and get there quick like!" I replied.
"You're the boss." And of we were weaving in out of side streets, on
to the motorway, speeding towards the airport. The cabbie had asked me
if I wanted to change the radio station, but I told him that I was
fine with what he had on; which happened to be some R'n'B. The ride
was not that long, but it was fun while it lasted. I paid the cabbie,
and he said, "See you around dude!" and zoomed of. I got a trolley,
loaded my stuff onto it, and went in to the terminal. It was quite
busy today; a lot of people were coming here for departures. I checked
in, and went through to the shopping and amusement area for people
waiting for their flights. I had some fun playing on some video games,
but then I gave up after loosing consecutively on one game. I realised
how hungry I was, after all it had been 3 hours since I had had
breakfast with my friend. So, I stopped into burger king, to get a
They finally made the announcement for my flight. I found that in the
queue at the gateway, I saw several dodgy characters, their faces were
covered, and they seemed to be looking around, as if nervous, or
hoping that they would go unnoticed. I carried on to the plane and
supposed I had no right on other people, they might have some reason.
On the plane, my seat was next to a gorgeous blonde who eyed me, and I
was about to say something saucy when, I realised I was married. I sat
down next to her, on the left side of the alley, a seat away from the
window. There was a lot of commotion, as people took their seats.
Finally, the plane was hastily up the run way, I leaned my head back
against the head rest, and was asleep in the warm cosy, comfortable
"WAKE U! GET UP! "I was wakened by shouting and something cold was at
my throat, I realised as my eyes came into focus, it was a knife. The
knife was more like a combat dagger, and the blood slipped like water
out of my veins, my heart was as silent as a drum to a deaf person. I
looked up, and saw the same dodgy person, who I had seen at the
gateway. He has his balaclava, lowered, he was unshaven, had dark
eyes, and looked threatening. I was terrified; he was the angel of
death to someone who saw him as soon as they woke up. "Be happy
American, today u die for Allah, and today, your pathetic life end,"
his voice was calm, and it sounded very American to me, telling me
this person had grown up In America.
"I don't want to die, let me of or something," I said, this was too
much. He slashed my face and laughed, I could smell his breath, and I
could feel balls of spit landing on my body, he had suddenly gone into
"For saying that I will punish you for the last minutes of your life.
I will make the people around you suffer as well." He suddenly leered
out and slashed the people around me, including the blonde. Some had
their face bleeding, some their body, but most let out a shriek,
because their cuts were worse, and deeper than mine. The man walked
I apologised as much as I could, but they told me to forget, some
passengers had already been murdered, and some injured worse. His
punishment did not stop there though. We found that he had turned the
heating quite high, to make us uncomfortable as possible, so most of
us had to take some clothes of to make it bearable. The blonde filled
me in on things, the pilots and crew were dead, there were five men,
and all had guns and control of the plane. They were going to use the
plane as a missile, to blow up the white house. I was shocked that
they were about to do something so horrendous.
"And they are all doing this, why?" I asked.
"This is their war on America. The wound hurts so much; I wish I could
have something to stop it."
As I fearfully looked around the plane, the stench of sweat, blood,
and fear itself grew stronger. Sweat trickled down my hot face, as my
short life was to end soon. I looked at the blonde, and she was
crying. I looked into her watery eyes and she looked back, I put my
arm around her, over her warm topless body, and I tried to ease the
pain in her wound, she let out a soft sigh of relief as I caressed it,
and was relaxed. I knew she wanted something to heal or cover her
wound, but I couldn't do anything. And then my mind suddenly lit up
like a bulb. We might be going to die, but I was not going to sit here
and let our country be bombed by terrorists. I took my hand of her,
and got out of my seat to have a good look around. There was one of
them standing at the door way to the other half of the plane. I was a
kung-fu master, I ran up to him and in two moves he was on the floor.
I took his gun, and realised it was fully loaded. I worked my way
towards the cockpit of the plane, one of them came out at me, and I
shot him down. Now it had come to, I was going to be saving my
country, and the fear had been replaced by anger and confidence.
Another came round, he fell to a kick to the head. I was onto the
cockpit, and they were ready for me, they however were unarmed as it
turned, but disarmed me quickly and got rid of my gun. I was left
fighting one of them while the other started to bring the plane down.
I finished the first, and knocked out the other one, and saw to my
horror that the plane was heading, straight for the white house. I did
my best to raise the rudder, but for us it was too late, but the white
house was savedâ€¦â€¦
This was the last account of John Smith. He had given his life, and
because of him the white house or another target of Americahad been
saved. We hope that may his soul and those of so many others who died
rest in peace.