Essay PreviewMore ↓
Since football is an invasion game, to play it I need a relatively
good standard of all round physical fitness. All different aspects of
fitness need to be of a high quality, these include skill related
fitness, cardiovascular fitness and muscular fitness.
Now I will explain in more detail what aspects of fitness I need and
why I need them to be excellent to perform at my best.
Speed - Speed is vital because as a central midfielder I need to be
first to the ball before my opposite number. It is also important for
making forward runs as they need to be made quickly to catch the
defenders off guard. Furthermore, speed helps when attempting to get
past an opponent with the ball because when a skill is executed,
acceleration is needed to then get away from the opponent.
Co-ordination - Co-ordination is an obvious important factor when
playing football because to kick the ball correctly, good
co-ordination is needed. If swerve is going to be put on the ball, the
foot must make contact with it in a very specific area. If
co-ordination is not at its best then this would be very difficult.
Reaction Time - Good reaction time is essential because football is
very unpredictable and as a player I must be ready and prepared for
almost anything. At a corner kick, if the ball was to drop in the
area, if the attacker has the better reaction time then it would
result in a goal but if the defender has the better reaction time then
it would result in an imperative clearance.
Agility - Agility is very important in football because I need to have
very quick feet to perform skills to get past defenders. It is also
vital because the game is so unpredictable, if the ball came to me in
an awkward position I would need to rapidly adapt my body to execute
to move I wish to do.
How to Cite this Page
"The Components of Fitness." 123HelpMe.com. 04 Apr 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Components of Fitness Since football is an invasion game, to play it I need a relatively good standard of all round physical fitness. All different aspects of fitness need to be of a high quality, these include skill related fitness, cardiovascular fitness and muscular fitness. Now I will explain in more detail what aspects of fitness I need and why I need them to be excellent to perform at my best. Skill Related ============= Speed - Speed is vital because as a central midfielder I need to be first to the ball before my opposite number.... [tags: Papers]
448 words (1.3 pages)
- The five components of physical fitness include cardiovascular endurance, muscular endurance, muscular strength, flexibility, and body composition. I attended Pilates and Yoga classes due to the fact that I have yet to be cleared by my physician to do activities with unpredictable direction changes. In these classes, the main components of physical fitness that these classes address are flexibility and some muscular strength. The different classes focuses on these two aspects in slightly different ways.... [tags: Exercise, Physical exercise, Muscle, Obesity]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- Identification and Justification of the Components of Fitness Taking part in any sport requires high levels of physical fitness this includes stamina, speed, somatotype, suppleness, balance, reaction time, strength, agility and co-ordination. Different sports require different components within there sport. I am going to discus the components of fitness that are required in netball, and validate why the components are important for netball. Stamina: ‘Stamina is the ability to work for relatively long periods of time without becoming fatigued.... [tags: Papers]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- Health related components of physical activity- Minimal competency in each of the areas to follow is necessary to carry out daily activities and lower risk of developing chronic disease. Cardiorespiratory Endurance-is the ability of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems to provide oxygen to working muscles during sustained exercise. Muscular strength – is the ability of muscles to exert force. Muscular Endurance- is the ability of muscles to contract repeatedly over time. Flexibility- is the ability to move your joints in full range of motion.... [tags: Exercise, Physical exercise, Stretching]
1088 words (3.1 pages)
- Health and fitness related components Fitness plays a small though significant part in the success of a cricketer. There are several components of fitness that are important for success for all players. To be a successful member for a team one needs to be healthy. A state of complete mental, physical and social well-being is considered as being healthy. Mental health can be observed as the ability to concentrate on a subject for a long period of time, control emotions and think logically through a problem.... [tags: Papers]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- Components of Physical Fitness Which are Important for a Badminton Player Physical Fitness is important in any sport. It relates to the following areas: · Speed · Reaction time · Co-ordination · Balance · Power · Agility · Strength · Flexibility Speed Badminton at times can be a particularly fast sport and therefore speed is often important for a badminton player. Players often are able to work at high speed for short burst (e.g. when coming into the net to retrieve a net shot from the back of the court) but may also have to have a good aerobic fitness in order to continue with long rallies.... [tags: Papers]
459 words (1.3 pages)
The differences between skill, ability and technique and also, explain how you can structure practices to enhance these components of fitness.
- The differences between skill, ability and technique and also, explain how you can structure practices to enhance these components of fitness. Ability can be physical, relating to the body. It can also be mental, relating to the mind. It is the amount of competence that you are able to show without any serious or specific training for that activity. Ability relies largely on the underlying factors, which are predetermined genetically. For example, one person may have a large somatotype which would suit a sport like rugby or wrestling rather than another person with a small somatotype who would be more physically suited to a sport like gymnastics.... [tags: Papers]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Crossfit: Forging Elite Fitness Elite athletes to grandmothers can use the Crossfit method of fitness to achieve their fitness goals. It is the best and most well rounded fitness program there is in achieving general fitness. Whatever your fitness level and goals, Crossfit has something to offer everyone. Since its inception it has grown in popularity and has helped many reach maximum levels of fitness. This is why Crossfit is the best fitness program there is. Body: The Crossfit Fitness Organization was founded in 1996 by Coach Greg Glassman.... [tags: Fitness, Entrepreneurship]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Fitness education is, “A physical education teaching approach that focuses on knowledge and understanding of physical fitness and wellness” (Strand, Scantling and Johnson 360). As a student studying to be a physical education teacher I am greatly concerned that children are not getting enough exercise and making poor choices regarding nutrients. Physical fitness is broken down into five fitness components: body composition, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, muscular endurance and muscular strength.... [tags: Fitness Education Essays]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- Physical fitness is defined as being physically fit and healthy. The question that many physical educators are faced with today is; how do to get across the importance of these two factors. This is not always an easy thing to accomplish. When taking a look at the three major levels of school students go through (elementary, secondary and high school) the educator faces some sort of difficulty in teaching the five parts of fitness. This paper will give information concerning these factors and also a few ideas on how to teach these topics to students at various age groups.... [tags: Fitness Education Essays]
1762 words (5 pages)
good cardiovascular fitness is crucial (especially when playing in
central midfield). If a midfielder was fully fit they should cover
approximately 6400m in the first half and 6000m in the second. 28% of
this would be at a walking pace and 26% would be sprinting full out.
The rest would be jogging at a variety of different paces.
Strength - A fundamental level of strength is important when playing
football. Not necessarily being really muscular but having a good
muscle to weight ratio is useful to have. The main thing is being able
to hold your own, if you can do that then the other factors such as
speed, agility and power should take care of everything else.
Flexibility - It is good to be flexible when playing football because
it obviously means you can stretch further in tackles or just to
obtain the ball. However it also means that you are less likely to
attain injuries whilst playing.
Muscular Endurance - Muscular endurance is critical when playing
football because the sport is very demanding to nearly every part of
the body (especially quadriceps, hamstrings and gastrocnemius') for
the whole 90 minutes. If a player doesn't have good muscular endurance
then they are likely to get cramp in their muscles towards the end of
the match which would hinder their play and maybe result in them being
taken off the field.