Essay PreviewMore ↓
'Darling, have you finished the washing up yet?' asked mother.
I did not reply. I was too distracted by the moving bush at the end of
the garden. I could not understand, as there were no trees moving, nor
was there any wind. I was just perplexed by this.
I felt a shiver down my spine believing there was something there. I
had a sudden rush of excitement. What was at the back of the garden? I
was surrounded by darkness and scared to go out alone, I could not go,
so I waited until morning. The next day I woke up extra early I think
it was about 6:30 am and looked out my bedroom window at the bushes
and I did not see anything moving so I decided to explore.
I ran down the stairs and said, 'I'm going out, be back in a minute!'
I rushed out and headed for the bushes next to the tool shed. My heart
was thumping against my rib cage. I had imagined all night what was
behind the bushes and became very excited. I quickly pulled back the
bushes and I screamed; 'Aha!'.
Much to my disappointment there was nothing there at all. I left there
shortly after believing it must have been a wild animal. My
imagination must have taken over.
In the evening I began daydreaming out of the window, hoping that the
creature would come back, and it did. I looked out the window to find
the bushes moving again this time, much faster than before. I was
ecstatic that the creature had returned. I thought this is my chance
to catch it out.
I hurriedly put on my coat and took my father's torch and ran as fast
as I could to the back of the garden my adrenaline pumping hard. I
stopped at the bushes breathing heavily and realised that the movement
in the bushes had stopped. I soon realised I had scared it off with
all the noise I made. ' Huh, I
wish I knew what was in these bushes every night,' I sighed to myself.
How to Cite this Page
"Personal Writing." 123HelpMe.com. 29 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For my essay I chose to interview my neighbor Kyle to learn more about his personal writing system he has been creating. I learned a lot more than I had been anticipating and could say that I received an eye opening from the way he discussed his passion. He opened my eyes in two ways. One, to how I viewed his passion and two, how I view my own passions. Now let me get a little more in depth on the real effects of these two things. Originally, I figured learning about the writing system would be interesting.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Linguistics, Subject]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Personal writing Statement This semester in English 102 has been a great learning experience for me as a student. With each writing project I have grown as a writer learning new was of conducting and structuring an essay with MLA, or APA. Also this class has taught me how to create new works research writing from one original writing assignment, which I thought to be very helpful and interesting to learn rather than writing a whole new paper. English 102 was also a great experience with sentence structure and grammar which was another area of writing that I believe I have excelled in.... [tags: Learning, Writing, Psychology]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- I feel as my writing has gotten a lot better over this semester, my papers has gotten longer as the essay have got have been more fun and I 've learned to just sit down and go for it. It was very hard at the beginning of class to sit down and write it took me a very long time to get going with my writing and think of what to do or where to go with it. I believe my best writing was my 2nd paper of the semester “research paper”. I believe it showcased all the skills I learned through the semester.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Essay, Mind]
701 words (2 pages)
- Three aspects of my writing I wish to improve will be 1) develop my skills using active voice words, 2) be concise and 3) acknowledge and credit the source author(s). My past experiences with writing has on occasion lacked the use of active voice words, misspelled words, and not been as concise. These weaknesses has contribute to spending unplanned time explaining verbally the intent to the same audiences. For example, an informational writing broadcast messages I wrote was sent to a specific mass group of employees related to travel regulation changes.... [tags: Writing, Audience, Management, Telecommuting]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Throughout the time of the course I have accommodated the necessary skills to writing more analytically by applying several strategies to my writing techniques. Analytical writings consist of a summary, personal response, taking a stance in the argument, is there a comparison or contrast which make the discussion. Throughout the course I have learned to properly do an analysis of a text which means to highlight important ideas within an article or readings to understand what the author is trying to say rather than giving a summary of what the author is trying to argue which I had been used to doing before the course.... [tags: Writing, Writer, Rhetoric, Audience]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Personal Writing 'Darling, have you finished the washing up yet?' asked mother. I did not reply. I was too distracted by the moving bush at the end of the garden. I could not understand, as there were no trees moving, nor was there any wind. I was just perplexed by this. I felt a shiver down my spine believing there was something there. I had a sudden rush of excitement. What was at the back of the garden. I was surrounded by darkness and scared to go out alone, I could not go, so I waited until morning.... [tags: Papers]
635 words (1.8 pages)
- Personal Writing It was a year I had been with Alice. We did everything together. I cared for that girl like no one could imagine. I would of done anything for her. There wasn't a time, I would not think about her when we weren't together. Everyone knew us for being the happiest couple in our town, Little Wood. I thought we would be together until we grew oldâ€¦I was wrong. I finished work last Thursday earlier than usual; I thought it would be nice to surprise Alice with an exquisite meal.... [tags: Papers]
592 words (1.7 pages)
- Personal Writing When I was four years of age I attended a swimming club at Seven Islands in Southwark. The pool was fairly large and was rarely crowded, that was one comfort for me. Seven Islands had many activities other than swimming, I myself did not choose to do swimming my mum had decided that I would benefit from it. My first day at the club started in a shallow pool opposite a larger one. I already knew two people who came with me, that made me feel a little confident despite the crying of other children.... [tags: Papers]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Personal Writing It was the day my grandmother exploded. She was the first, it might have been because she was old, who knows. It was two months ago, and my friends, family and I went on holiday to a large castle in the welsh mountains. Castell Angau was its name and it was in "a very nice area" according to my grandmother. I brought Jean and Shorty with me, because I couldn't stand a week with just the family, they would bore me to death. We drove to the castle passing a village called Cartref Meddyliol; the people there were very "odd" as my mother said.... [tags: Papers]
1622 words (4.6 pages)
- Personal Writing “Laura to room three” called the receptionist. I hated going to the doctors, just in case it was anything serious. This visit to the doctors was because my legs, arms and face were all badly swollen. I explained all this to the doctor; he had a press of my legs and said the marks that were appearing were due to water retention. He sent me straight to Hartlepool General Hospital. Once we arrived at the hospital, they asked me many questions about how I felt, and how I’d been feeling the past few months.... [tags: Papers]
576 words (1.6 pages)
Then suddenly there was a bright light shining from the bushes, which
shone so bright I had to squint my eyes. I could not believe what I
There were three small gnomes that were alive. I was in shock. I sat
down quietly beside the gnomes and observed them. It was amazing they
were making small gifts for people. 'I can't believe this', I said
forgetting that noises scare them. They suddenly looked up and saw me
looking back at them. They were angered by my presence and started
creeping up to me and hissing at me as to ward me away from their
home. 'Get away from here and don't come back.'
The next morning I woke up screaming, believing it was all a
nightmare. I rushed over to my window and whipped open the curtains.
There I saw my torch and two concrete gnomes lying on the grass. I
started to get nervous and sweat, I shuddered at the thought that
there were creatures, much more powerful than I am at the bottom of
the garden. From that day on I made sure my cat did not go out.
At night and watched the bushes out of my window every night and I saw
the bushes move continuously and I was so scared I couldn't sleep that
night. I ran to my mum's room and screamed: 'There after me, there
after me.' My mother then took me into her bed and asked me 'who is
after you?' thinking I had a nightmare.
The morning after I cried as I was scared for my safety. I was on my
own, no one believed me. That night I wanted to settle this one for
all. I couldn't think of anything else but the creatures at the end of
the garden by the tool shed.
I took my torch, I went to the shed and took out a tool to protect
myself. I creeped up to the bushes and peaked through the holes.
I then jumped up and ran into the bushes screaming, throwing round the
hammer. I suddenly stopped, I shone my torch in the bushes and found
nothing at all.
I suddenly became frightened. I felt a sharp object hit my leg and I
fell to the ground in pain. I was grabbed by the creatures and dragged
further into the bushes and they hit me and scratched me. I tried to
hit them back, but they would not stop.
I finally got free from them and ran to my house screaming and ran to
my room and hid under the covers crying. The next day I woke up in
shock I looked at my arms to see the scratches, but to my surprise,
there were no marks on my skin.
That day I ran to the bushes and found three gnome statues. I thought
now is my chance to get rid of them for good.
I took the hammer off the floor and took all three gnomes and one by
one and with great satisfaction smashed them to pieces; ' Ha, that
will teach you to mess with me.' I said it with such contentment. I
mixed up all the pieces of the gnomes and put it all in separate bags
for fear of them piecing together again. Now I always fear them coming
back for me, silly I know, but what do I know. I am just a little
child. They will never find me anyway. Or so I thoughtâ€¦