Essay PreviewMore ↓
First, I would like to take my best friends who have similar hobbies and interests. I think it is better to bring friends rather family or relatives because I can have intriguing adventures with my friends, throw a party or share my happiness and unforgettable memories with them. Sometimes family has more important things to do. This might be the best opportunity I can have with my friends, taking them to an island, spending a year there and getting to know each other better than before. For me and my friends, we have been waiting for this rare opportunity.
I love playing music (especially the drums) with my friends. We used to have a band and play music together. Since all of us are going to college, we do not have time to meet with each other and play songs together. It will be very nice to gather all of my friends and play music again. I think we are completing each other with our pluses and minuses. I have to bring my friends to provide happiness, accomplishments and to relieve me when I am down in the dumps.
Personally, I would take 86-inch TV and all its odds and ends such as bose speakers, sound system, DVD/CD/VCD/VCR player with the movies, equalizer, antenna, cable television service, and, the most important, surge protector to protect all of the equipment. I like this entertainment system very much, I can sit, relax, and watching movies. In addition, I do not want to be blind to the recent current affairs in today's world. I might as well watch news to be aware of the world's development, domestically and globally. This influences me personally and socially because I can enjoy myself by killing the time and watching great movies. In addition, my mind is also opened to what happened outside the island.
How to Cite this Page
"My Personal Survival Kit." 123HelpMe.com. 29 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Do you know stress. It used to be my middle name. Compiled from all of the expectations I felt and took on as a young adult. It started much younger than that, when I was about three years old. And by the time I reached college, I felt like a failure; a “success wannabe.” I was already carrying a great deal of baggage packed with all the things I had screwed up in my young life. And now it was time to take on all the pressure to put up a 4.0 GPA, make new friends and position myself for success in my career, which was my objective for getting through college.... [tags: Personal Experience]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- ... The Survival Straw removes things such as: bacteria, protozoa, cysts, algae, spores, sediment, and viruses. It also reduces heavy metal ingestion. This product meets the United States purification standards and includes a two year manufacturer’s guarantee. The life of this product is approximately 400 gallons and it comes with a back flush plunger to ensure the maximum life of the straw. The manufacturer advertises this product for use in emergency outdoor conditions, while traveling, and during disaster circumstances.... [tags: technology, bacteria, purifier]
1238 words (3.5 pages)
- There's No Place Like Home- Personal Narrative Other than the sweltering heat in the summer time in Oklahoma City, the only dilemma are tornadoes. I grew up in the middle of this “tornado alley” and eventually developed a sixth sense for detecting tornadic activity. Even in the 1980’s tornadoes were known for their violent crime wave, vandalizing neighborhoods and kidnapping children and adults. Imagine a beautiful evening in Moore, a suburb lying on the outskirts of Oklahoma City. Mom is in the kitchen and the kids are playing in the yard.... [tags: Papers]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- Less than a Century old, the modern drum kit is a relatively new instrument, however, the drums have been the driving force and heartbeat of popular music through the times. From the change through marching music, to jazz, big bands and rock, the drums have been used as a means of keeping time, and of musical expression. During the period of the Civil War (1861-1865) marching music dominated the music scene. Every military unit had its own squad of musicians, usually formed according to locality.... [tags: Drum kit, Drum, Percussion instrument, Bass drum]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- The effort to survive and to see another day has always been a problem since the first men walked the Earth. There are many obstacles that make living day-to-day a harsh struggle and many reasons why some fail to meet the expectations of this struggle. Some reasons of why people fail to thrive in life is captured vividly in the three short stories “The Waters of Babylon” by Stephen Vincent Benét, “How to Build a Fire,” by Jack London, and “The Lottery” by Shirley Jackson. The author of each story cunningly drops hints in the text as to why characters and civilizations lead themselves to doom.... [tags: survival,]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- Entering Survival Mode My mom prioritized my education. I now find this very admirable, that a woman so young who barely graduated high school and married a mechanic found it to be essential their daughter should be reading, calculating multiplication and square roots, and helping to change oil all before entering kindergarten. Upon entering school, my parents were told I would be held back due to being anti-social. I don’t remember being anti-social; I just remember reading all the time because I was done with my work and I was taught not to disrupt others.... [tags: High school, Teacher, Education, School]
2095 words (6 pages)
- My Test Tool Kit assignment had four components. In the first part, I was required to take and also administer the Career Ability Placement Survey (CAPS) to a person that I chose. score, and interpret. Based on this experience, I was expected to write a reaction paper. In step 2, I was instructed to prepare a Comprehensive Test Review for a standardized test of my choice. The paper provided the exhaustive description of the selected instrument, including the analysis of the psychometric properties, and the technical and practical evaluations.... [tags: Psychometrics, Assessment, Test, Bias]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- The mobile application development especially that of the operating systems, has taken an ugly turn for both the Apple and the Android devices. Since Apple has come up with IOS 1.x (colloquially known as IOS 1 back in 2008), Google came up with the first iteration of its own operating system, the Android version 1.0 in the same year. It was just the beginning of the war which was going to rage on for the years to come. 2013 has been the year where the aspect of technology has gone through many upheavals.... [tags: mobile development, Apple, Google]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- According to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), all employers must abide by the minimum wage policy which states that they must not pay their employees a wage below the set minimum wage. It is often believed that it serves as a protection for the citizens. Though the minimum wage law benefits employees because employers cannot pay them below the minimum wage, the minimum wage, however, does not "protect" them from the struggles and hardships they will most likely encounter. Rather, as millions of Americans work in full-time minimum wage jobs, several of them discover that their wages are insufficient to survive in today's society.... [tags: Personal Essays]
913 words (2.6 pages)
- Primo Levi's Survival in Auschwitz Reading the novel Survival in Auschwitz by author Primo Levi leads one to wonder whether his survival is attributed to his indefinite will to survive or a very subservient streak of luck. Throughout the novel, he is time and again spared from the fate that supposedly lies ahead of all inhabitants of the death camp at Auschwitz. Whether it was falling ill at the most convenient times or coming in contact with prisoners who had a compassionate, albeit uncommon, disposition, it would seem as though the Gods were always smiling upon him.... [tags: Primo Levi Survival Auschwitz Essays]
1597 words (4.6 pages)
Fancy cars would be handy if I take them to the island. I have been longing for Hummer H2, Land Rover Discovery, and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII with a hue of blue color because I am very fond of blue color, off-road and rally. It would also be very fun to learn off-road and rally using Hummer H2, Land Rover Discovery, and, of course Evo VIII. I like to practice the way they push the gas pedal and break pedal together to make severe turns. I'm not a chicken-hearted person who likes to stay at home. I'm very fond of adventuring and exploring erratic places. Additionally, I want to modify the Lancer into supercar with machine revving like a tiger, and with an ethereal nakamichi sound system. I can call this as a project when I'm in the island for the whole year. This project fulfils my grievances in automobile because modifying cars whet my knowledge and skills in mechanics. For me, turning a car into something I like is quite a personal achievement for me because I will be very satisfied if I can do so once in a blue moon.
For sports, I like playing badminton. As a Chinese descendant, it is common for us to play badminton. Badminton makes my hometown, Indonesia, earn fame throughout the world. I will make the badminton court with all the equipments like Yonex racket, Yonex shuttlecocks, Yonex badminton shoes, and net. It makes me healthy, fit, and unstressed if I play badminton. Badminton makes all of my muscles contracts healthily that can lead me to a Spartan life. I hope I can be a master in badminton when I leave the isolated island although it seems out of the question, but one I know is every oak must be an acorn. For me, it is better to start playing badminton as an amateur and earn fame little by little rather than being in nine day's wonder.
Based on the detailed explanation above, I can never live a merry life for a month of Sundays without the presence of those things, referred as my personal survival kit. I accede that everyone has to have more than just basic personal needs to survive in his new environment that seems Greek to him.