Essay PreviewMore ↓
Computer System Report/ Recommendation
The customer for this report, and recommendation for the purchase of a computer system, is a dedicated first-year computer science student at a technologically specialized institution. He is currently working on a degree that involves several courses in word processing, computer assisted design, and graphics technology. This student is also an avid gamer and has a particular interest in the latest audio and video production technology.
The computing system and peripheral devices purchased by this user must be the latest technology in order for him to be successful in his current classes and the courses that he will require in the future. The ideal computer and software package for this person would include a fast processor with new word processing and desktop publishing software, advanced audio and video editing capabilities, and an impressive audio/ visual display with one of the latest video cards available. Also, it is required that the system is fast, efficient, easy to work with, and cost effective.
Overall Recommendation/ Recommended System: Custom Built AthlonXP 1900
· The computer processor is the brain of the system. Our client requires a heavy punch, multi tasking brain. Due to his low income and student status, he does not have a large budget to put towards his computer. The AMD AthlonXP 1900 was chosen because of it's low cost and it's higher performance rating than that of the higher priced equivalent Pentium 4. The AMD AthlonXP 1900's speed is 1.6GHz. This means 1600Hz, which is a very fast processor. Amazingly, the clock speed of this processor is faster, albeit barely, than the Pentium 4 2.0GHz processor, and is much cheaper as well. This is important, as, for less cash, our student can afford a better processor.
· Choosing which motherboard to use is important. It also is closely related to what processor is chosen. Because of cost saving factors, the AMD Athlon processor is the best choice. Therefore we can only provide a motherboard compatible with the AMD AthlonXP 1900. For our client, we decided on the motherboard Aopen K77-333. This motherboard is an excellent choice for our client because:
- This motherboard has Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0. This gives the advantage of high-speed transfer between external sources such as video cameras, digital cameras, scanners, audio recorders, and any other possible external components. USB 2.0 is faster than fire wire, which is currently the most widely used transfer hardware.
How to Cite this Page
"Computer System Report/ Recommendation." 123HelpMe.com. 21 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Slide 8 Now that the network security team contained the incident and restored service, it was time to move to eradication. Eradication involves taking necessary steps to eliminate damage done during the incident and removing any vulnerabilities which may have allowed the incident to have success. Eradication in this incident means the removal of remote administration in the firewall configurations and patching of the system to remove critical vulnerabilities. If an attacker still maintains access to a system while the network team is investigating, eradication would involve disconnecting and denying further connections to or from the attacker.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Security]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- Computer Building Project The objective for this assignment was to build a cost effective computer system. Our instructions were to use the Internet another sources to research and price different computer types and then compile that information in the following report. Students were given the option to either use a budget of $500 to purchase all the components necessary for a standard computer, or use a budget of $1,000 to purchase components necessary to build a gaming computer. We chose to build a standard computer with an Intel Central Processing Unit (CPU) to facilitate basic computer use needs.... [tags: How To Process Technology Computer Building]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Contemporary Information Systems Reflective report Firstly, I would like to start this reflective report by expressing my gratitude for the opportunity to reflect on the work I have done in Contemporary Information Systems. This is really a fresh experience to me as I have never done this before. I believe this natural reflection process will benefit me in the long term. What’s most appealing to me is that we students got the chance to get involved and provide supply chain information that could support decision making for the management.... [tags: Supply chain management, Supply chain]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- BACKGROUND In 2015, the Wheat Ridge Police Department had the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) conduct a staffing study of the police department 's Patrol Operations Division and Investigations Bureau. The study concluded that there were areas where the department could improve efficiency, allowing patrol officers more time to concentrate on community-oriented and problem-oriented policing. After studying the recommendations from the IACP, staff determined that one priority was to identify alternative means of service delivery.... [tags: Police, Constable, Colorado, Crime prevention]
715 words (2 pages)
- If you peruse the technical news headlines, 2013 has been declared, at best, the turning point and, at worst, the death of the personal computer (PC). The rise of the smartphone, modern gaming console, tablet, and cloud computing have apparently served as successive nails in the proverbial coffin of the PC. International Data Corporation (IDC) shows a 10.1% drop in PC shipments this year, which is “by far the most severe yearly contraction on record” (2013). On the surface this is a dire prediction, but to paraphrase Mark Twain, the reports of the PC’s death may be greatly exaggerated.... [tags: desktop, processor, smartphone]
566 words (1.6 pages)
- Networking Report Contents The report is broken down in 30 main sections in them the following can be viewed: 1. INTRODUCTION 2. WHAT IS A NETWORK. 3. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FROM NETWORKING. 4. NETWORK RELATIONSHIP TYPES 5. WIDE AREA NETWORKS (WAN) 6. LOCAL AREA NETWORKS (LAN) 7. METROPOLITAN AREA NETWORK (MAN) 8. PEER-TO-PEER NETWORK RELATIONSHIP 9. CLIENT/SERVER NETWORK RELATIONSHIP 10. COMPARING PEER-TO-PEER AND CLIENT/SERVER 11. ADVANTAGES OF PEER-TO-PEER 12. DISADVANTAGES OF PEER-TO-PEER 13.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
6028 words (17.2 pages)
- Communication Report Effective Communication Changes the World This flowing report takes a look at some of the methods of communication observed at Liberty Bell Component Inc. over the past seven weeks. The report may discuss three communication models: 1) an external email message from LBC’s sales department. LBC use email to communicate with their customer mentioned that they were offering a discount on marketable products, 2) a fax message from sales manager. LBC use fax message to complaint about the late delivered, and 3) an external letter from LBC’s sales manager.... [tags: essays research papers]
1553 words (4.4 pages)
- It is a great honor to write a letter of recommendation for Alejandra Galaviz. I have known Alejandra for three years in an academic setting. She was one of my finest Spanish students three years ago and she always motivated other students to succeed as well. She has been my most trusted teacher’s assistant for the last two years. She is one of the most mature, helpful, reliable and trustworthy students I have taught in my 12 years of public teaching. As a public high school teacher, I have seen hundreds of students walk in and out of my classroom over the last 12 years, and Alejandra is in the top 1% of students who have had a positive impact on me.... [tags: Recommendation]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- There are five functional components of an electronic health record system: a) integrated view of patient data: An integrated EHR must accommodate a broad spectrum of data types ranging from text to numbers and from tracings to images and video. More complex data types such as radiology images are usually delivered from human viewing-standards like DICOM. Exist for displaying most of these complex data types, and JPEG display of images is universally available for any kind of image. Example DICOM, VistA CPRS electronic health record system, which integrates a variety of text data and images into a patient report data screen including: demographics, a detailed list of the patient’s procedur... [tags: Electronic health record, Patient]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- <ol> <li value="1">0 Executive Summary <li value="1">1 Business Plan </ol> Improvement is critical to survival. Worldwide, technology is changing rapidly. The key to being the best in the industry is to improve the existing processes faster than the competition. The purpose of this project is to reduce the company's inventory costs while improving existing production processes and services. In order to accomplish this is to have Inventory Control Management System (ICMS) to eliminate inappropriate requirements and simplify processes.... [tags: Management]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
· We recommended to our client the 64 Megabyte NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 card with TV/O. We chose 64 Megabytes because this much power is required for an avid gamers graphics to run quickly and efficiently, and appear crisp and clean. As well this amount possess enough power to edit digital video well for his amateur needs. The NVIDIA card also has an s-video out which allows the computer to connect to an extra monitor or a television. This card is capable of clone-screening, horizontal split, and vertical split views. This provides upgrade options if our client wanted to purchase another monitor later on and give him more workspace. This video card allows up to a 2048x1536 pixel screen, but we recommend a 1280x1024 pixel range for great resolution, easy reading and best performance.
NIC (Network Interface Card)
· We recommended a NIC instead of a modem because a modem would not be sufficient to meet this gamer's high-speed online needs. Also a NIC allows for easy interfacing between other LANs (Local Area Network) and WANs (Wide Area Network). This means that if our client wanted to he could connect his computer to all of his friends' computers.
· We recommended that our client invest in a :Hansol 720ED 17-inch CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) flat screen monitor. This monitor is cheap, has excellent resolution and picture quality. Also this monitor is much cheaper than the LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) monitors, which are currently available.
Mouse and Keyboard
· We recommended a generic "no-name" brand keyboard, as there is no special needs required.
· We recommended an optical Logitech mouse, which allows the mouse to respond on any surface and is more responsive than the regular roller-ball type mouse. Also the mouse should have a scroll wheel to allow for quick and easy surfing of the Internet and viewing of documents.
· As our client is on a very tight budget, we recommended that he delay on purchasing a computer until more funds were available for liquidation. Since he is attending the university, there are several printers available for use, at all hours of the day, and he can simply transport his documents on disk or else email them to himself and print them off at the university.
CD-Rom Drive/CD Bruner
· We recommended a JustLink 40x12x48x CD-Rom drive/CD burner. This allows for quick recording and fast game play. Also, although this burner is a little bit above the current CD-Rom drive speed average, we felt it was worth the small amount more it would cost to improve overall performance.
· Nero Burning Rom 5.0 software is what we recommended to accompany the 16time DVD player that came with the computer. We recommended the DVD player, as in the long run it will save our client from having to purchase a separate DVD player down the road. Also since the video card has an s-video out, the computer can be hooked up directly to a television, so the DVD player is an excellent feature to include.
Floppy Disk Drive
· We recommended a simple floppy disk drive, which can contain 1.44 Megabytes of information to allow quick and easy transfer of simple documents.
· Windows XP Home Edition allows for simple, yet important tasks to be completed quickly and efficiently. Also, the Home Edition is much cheaper than the Professional Edition and has everything that our client really needs. Once again
· Some specialized graphics software would be useful in this case. Perhaps Adobe Photoshop ($600) for image production and editing, and some sort of computer assisted drawing program for design (ie: Auto CAD/ Auto CAD light or 3D- Home Architect if the client is interested in structural design.) More advanced video editing programs may be desire3d as well.
Other programs in word processing (Microsoft Word <sup>TM</sup>, Microsoft Works <sup>TM</sup>), desktop publishing, spreadsheet production and analysis (Microsoft Excel <sup>TM</sup>), database analysis (Microsoft Access <sup>TM</sup>), and web page design (Microsoft Frontpage <sup>TM</sup> / Notepad <sup>TM</sup>) may be added in order to complete the requirements of this person's courses. Most, if not all, of these programs may be found in Microsoft Office <sup>TM</sup>.