Essay PreviewMore ↓
With all of these great influences, how is it that a formerly great series turned so terribly wrong? Well, this is where I think they went wrong. The original writers of the first two movies were obviously nowhere to be found in this attack on recent flicks. Instead, this movie was passed on to Pat Proft, writer of Police Academy, Hot Shots, and Naked Gun, and David Zucker, writer and director of the Airplane and naked gun Movies. Granted, all of these movies are extremely funny, but they were made for a different generation.
The first two movies are rated R and are full of sexual situations, pot smoking, and alcohol consumption. I know that it may sound wrong, but that is what is expected in movies now, especially when the two predecessors were full of this. In the first movie, Shorty (Marlon Wayans) is constantly smoking and even shares a bit with the killer. Although this is not okay for real life, it is perfectly fine and amusing in the movie.
I also think that most of the jokes in the movie were hit-or-miss. The good funny jokes balanced out the less successful ones. Basically, the parodies of The Ring and Signs were hilarious, but I definitely could have dealt without anything pertaining to 8 Mile or The President. These jokes just were not funny; they did not seem to blend very well with the other movies. In the first two of the series, the jokes were coming at you constantly.
How to Cite this Page
"Not So Scary Movie." 123HelpMe.com. 25 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “If you tell anyone, I’ll kill you.” Yes this is the reality of child abuse and not just a scary movie. According to Child abuse statistics five children die everyday due to child abuse, 9.3% of children are sexually assaulted, 7.1% are emotionally abused, and last but not least, 62.8% of children are neglected. Child abuse should be prevented from happening because it is going to affect a child, emotionally, physically, and mentally. The main goal in this paper is to show that child abuse can lead to a violent lifestyle in the future, what child abuse is and how to recognize child abuse, child abuse leads to mental illness and last but not least, is there a limit a parent 's can go before... [tags: Physical abuse, Abuse, Child abuse]
1325 words (3.8 pages)
- SPEAKER CREDIBILITY: I love horror flicks, in fact I’d rather watch a scary movie than any other genre there is. There’s something about the spine tingling chillers that get me excited and wanting more blood. I am charismatically enticed by horror flicks and simultaneously disgusted by them. I have been watching in various forms monsters chase young victims through dark homes and alleys, with knifes, chainsaws, drills, axes, and other weapons for years. The violence is so foreseeable, that I often know when the bad guys will appear, who will die and in what order.... [tags: Fear, Thrill]
799 words (2.3 pages)
- Movie monsters; they kill off our favorite characters, haunt our dreams, and somehow keep coming back from the dead in the sequels. These monsters come in many different shapes and sizes, from human, undead, spirits, and extraterrestrial. Love them or hate them, monsters are undoubtedly the most important part of our favorite horror movies. Although their origins, appearances, and motives may frighten us, without them there is no story, no one to fear, and no one to run from. What makes these monsters so terrifying.... [tags: Horror film, Monster movie, Wes Craven]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Harrison Bergeron - Movie and Story Awakening the Zombies “Everybody was finally equal. They were not only equal before God and the law. They were equal every which way. Nobody was smarter than anybody else. Nobody was better looking than anybody else. Nobody was stronger or quicker than anybody else.” This is a short, but powerful excerpt from the short story Harrison Bergeron. Not only does it make you wonder why everyone is equal, but as well makes you wonder how did everyone become equal.... [tags: Movie Film comparison compare contrast]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- Blood Pressure There was a series of people used in this experiment to look at blood pressure. The first step was to take the subjects normal blood pressure, then after showing them a scary clip retakes the blood pressure. While taking blood pressure consider age, weight, family history, commitment and gender to see if the subject has low or high blood pressure normally. After receiving all the data the charts that were made were based on age and gender. “Blood pressure is the measurement of blood going against blood vessels” (Causes).... [tags: scary, clip, age, gender]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- Terror Within Us The movie The Purge is built on suspense from not knowing who is going to kill you or who is behind you. The obscurity is not knowing if the people who are following the guy that was let in the house also came in or not. In the horror genre they uses the sublime theory of Burke by building the obscurity, violence, and suspense on the audience. In every scene one of this items are played out and create people to think of ideas that can happen. The suspense of the movie starts when Charlie sees on one of the cameras that a stranger is running down there driveway and yelling for help.... [tags: English-language films, KILL, American films]
1303 words (3.7 pages)
- Scary Stories Campfires surrounded by frightened people listening to blood curdling stories of terror, mystery, and murder is where screams were made. Before modern technology, before the flashy lights and whistles of Hollywood there were ghost stories. Some of the most original, chilling, and spine tingling tales ever, were told around these fires, generation after generation, with each one adding his or her own twist. Many spooky tales were scripted into novels and short stories with vividly graphic details.... [tags: essays papers]
665 words (1.9 pages)
- Each of the teenagers in the group plays an archetypal role that can found in many of the horror films of the last thirty years. Jules plays the role of ‘The Whore’, Curt ‘The Athlete’, Holden ‘The Scholar’, Marty ‘The Fool’, and Dana ‘The Virgin’. The remaining two in the third act of the film, Marty and Dana, discover that the order in which they group dies can be flexible, as long as ‘The Whore’ dies first and ‘The Virgin’ lives or is the last to perish. This revelation for the characters partly acts as a critique of the moralistic view of sex as resulting in death in the traditional slasher movie.... [tags: Horror film, Slasher film, Film, Halloween]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- In the essay “Why We Crave Horror Movie,” Stephen King describes that horror movies are beneficial for the people because we are all mentally ill. King explains that horror movie is a sort of release because everyone has a dark side in our body, so watching horror movie can keep the hungry alligators under control. People watch horror movie because they want to prove themselves that they are not afraid of a horror movie, and they are normal people too. King describes horror movie like a roller coaster, so people have enough courage to sit through the whole ride.... [tags: Horror film, Fear, Film, Slasher film]
1036 words (3 pages)
- The Movie Jaws During the summer of 1975, North American beaches were quieter than usual. This wasn’t the result of concern over the damaging damaging the environment. Beaches were poorly attended because people were scared.... [tags: Free Essays]
409 words (1.2 pages)
It seems that I am not the only one with this opinion. TV guide, The Orlando Sentinel, Joblo.com, and the people that I saw the movie all basically said the same thing, "catch it on video, and don't expect much (joblo.com)."
Basically, I do not recommend this movie to anyone, especially if you are looking for a good laugh. This is the type of movie that requires a special kind of humor to be fully appreciated. If you enjoyed the first two movies, then you probably will not enjoy this one. It all depends on what type of comedy you like, the mood you are in when you see it and how old you are at the time. If you were a young adult at the time of the Naked Gun and Airplane movies, then chances are that you will enjoy this movie, but if you are in that age bracket now, do not waste the seven bucks. My recommendation is to just wait until it goes to the dollar theatre or until it has been out on video.