Essay PreviewMore ↓
I didn't realize until now just how badly I mishandled our relationship. By being apart and not talking for some time now, I have quickly learned that you were everything I ever wanted and because I was so afraid of losing you, I ended up chasing you away. It wasn't until recently that realized that instead of complaining about the time I didn't have with you, I should have cherished the time I did have. The time we had together was real and filled with affection.
I was never alone when we were apart, because just as you were on my mind, I was on yours. It wasn't until now that I have realized how special it was to hear your voice even if it was just once a day, let alone several times a day.
It wasn't until now that I have realized that it wasn't the late phone call for me to come over because you missed me, or to stay overnight that I miss so much. What I miss is the feeling behind the way you would stare at me and or kiss my hand while we were in the car. The way we looked into each other's eyes and spoke without saying a word. The way you trusted me with your children and I trusted you with mine. The way you wrote I love you on a steamy window or mirror only to show up time after time for me to see when we were apart. The way you signed to me that you loved me or snuck a kiss or hug in while the kids weren't watching. The way we joked that we were attached at the hip while fixing dinner or breakfast. The way we wrestled and tickled each other. Susie, I could go on and on but you know exactly what I'm saying. Yes, it's the little things I miss the most. The little things that I took for granted.
The promise I made to you is a promise that I will keep forever. You will always hold a special place in my heart. Even though I'm dating here and there, I end up comparing them to you. You've set the bar very high for me and that's a good thing because I refuse to settle for less than the standard you've set. On that Wednesday (July 11th) when I returned home and found your e-mail, it was the happiest I'd been in weeks.
How to Cite this Page
"I Didn't Realize Until Now." 123HelpMe.com. 28 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Wake Up And Realize Some people get so caught up in the dreams and fantasies of life that they forget what can actually be achieved. They set goals so high and think they have all the power in the world to obtain a goal that ultimately fails. One may pour all of one’s money into the goal, or every second of one’s day, or every ounce of energy in one’s body just to fail. Everything one ever wished for may be simply unattainable. It leads to the ultimate feeling of disappointment. In 2012, Presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, felt disappointment and sadness when he lost the election.... [tags: F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby, Jay Gatsby]
1285 words (3.7 pages)
- The Best Years You Didn’t Realize You Had As a freshman in college with a part-time job, reality is definitely beginning to hit. I am no longer a little kid running around without a care in the world, or any responsibilities. Nor am I completely dependent on my parents for everything. I am now responsible for my own actions and my own money. In the most stressful moments, I find my mind wondering back to these simple times in life. Everything was so easy and carefree, it is honestly mind-blowing to really think about how great the stage of childhood is.... [tags: Full-time, Part-time, Anxiety, Adolescence]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Until Death Do Us Part…In a Few Days Prior to the 19th century, love and marriage were often considered to be separate concepts. Marriage was strictly business management whereas love was a pursuit outside of marriage. During the renaissance, “ideal” love was a purifying and noble experience. There were two outcomes necessary for the love to be deemed ideal: there could only be a union of the hearts, minds and soul, not the bodies; and the unrequited desire had to lead to ennobling of the lover.... [tags: Love, Marriage, Business]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- A Review of Wait Until Dark Frederick Knott wrote the classic thriller, Wait Until Dark, in 1964. The cast consists of several colorful and delightful characters, Harry Roat, Mike Talman, SGT Carlino, Jr., Susy Hendrix, Sam Hendrix, and the upstairs neighbor, Gloria. The play is set in a dimly lit, small basement apartment in Greenwich Village. The leader of the three con men, Harry Roat, encompasses madness and ruthlessness that provokes squirming, white-knuckled fright. Harry veers from calculating one moment to inept and indifferent the next.... [tags: Papers]
495 words (1.4 pages)
- I never knew how important The Constitution and its Amendments were until now. There is so much to learn and understand about The Constitution. Knowing how hard people have fought just so their choice could be heard is astounding to me. Most often we believe that we are the only ones going through a certain situation, when there are others who are going through the same things we are. The majority rule can have such a profound impact that without it, some things might not have been possible. There have been so many significant events that have occurred throughout the years for the fight of equality.... [tags: Discrimination, Affirmative action]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- ... For example in the article Eating Out Takes Away From Family Time states that” Time around the table allows for a family to share about their day, upcoming schedules, and for parents to know more about their kids.” That proves that if family does not gather around it starts to affects them on how to get to know each other more. On the other hand, there is a lot of families who take family bonding seriously. For those who do will notice that spending time with their family and making the right choices will make a difference.... [tags: family, obesity, money]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Rubin Hurricane Carter: Guilty Until Proven Innocent '"I don't belong here and I am not going to play their game.' 'If I were to cooperate in all these things, it would be as if I were saying, 'I'm a guilty man, and I am not a guilty man"' (New Jersey). The case of Rubin (Hurricane) Carter has been a heated issue for the last 34 years. In the last year a new movie, The Hurricane, starring Denzel Washington has once again brought this case to the foreground of discussion. The question argued has been is Rubin Carter innocent or guilty of the murders he allegedly committed on June 17, 1966 in the Lafayette Grill in Paterson, New Jersey.... [tags: Court Movie Justice Essays]
2546 words (7.3 pages)
- Until All The Men Are Back 'Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and goes after the lost sheep until he finds it. 'And, when he finds it, he puts it on his shoulders and goes home. 'Then he calls [everyone] and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep'; (Jesus Christ: Luke 15:4-6). For some thirty years, two thousand four hundred thirteen (2,413) souls have been crying out for freedom, but they are waiting as lost sheep for their shepherd to find.... [tags: essays research papers]
1213 words (3.5 pages)
- With You Until The End 1. The story, "The Devoted Friend", is a lesson to be learned. It shows how one can manipulate as well as how one can be manipulated. It also shows just how far some people will go for a friend. In this case, Hans gave up taking care of his garden to help a "true" friend and died doing so. Author Oscar Wilde gives good detail of the characters and sets up conflicts within the plot to emphasize on the theme, a devoted friend is one that is with you, and will do anything for you, until the very end.... [tags: Oscar Wilde The Devoted Friend Essays]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Innocent Until Proven Guilty Tabula rasa: the mind before it is developed and changed by experience. Philosopher John Locke believed that at birth and in infancy the mind is completely passive, a clean slate, tabula rasa, on which the experiences of the individual write their own impressions. (Wiener, 2134) (Any influences from drugs, alcohol, by a mother in pregnancy, etc... excluded.) It is a given that an infant’s mind is not yet fully developed early in its life. Especially at this early stage and even far on into a child’s life he is dependent on someone - whether it be his mother, father, sister, brother, or other “adult” figure, who takes care of him; ensuring his survival.... [tags: essays papers]
1351 words (3.9 pages)
So, here's the reason I had to tell you this; if that man in your dreams vaguely has a name and a face, resembling mine, tell him to chill for a bit, so he doesn't make another life altering mistake by moving on, possibly settling for less. You can be assured that this time, he will take the proper time for you to be ready to accept it, however long ot may take.
Before I end this I want to sincerely say one last thing straight from my heart. I'm very sorry I tried to force you to play by my rules, and I realize now that what I miss the most is you.
Forever my love,