Essay PreviewMore ↓
The school is small and so diverse that it makes it easier to meet everyone. It took me seven years in elementary school to get to know just about everyone, but at TC, I knew just about everyone in less than a year. The students are kind and very helpful. They help each other with assignments and help one another with catching up on homework when they have missed school. The staff here at TC are great. They help the students with questions on homework assignments and on just about anything. They are also here to listen to us and when we need someone to talk to, we can go talk to any one of them and they'll be there to help.
We receive a lot of homework everyday, but it's no big deal. With many homework assignments, I am not able to slack off. I have to finish all of my assignmanets for one reason, and that reason is to not get any incomplete stamps. The homework load keeps me busy and keeps me from doing bad things that a lot of other middle school children are doing. There are nights where I have very little time or no time at all for fun, except for the weekends. On some days of the week, I have to do things after school. TC has set up enrichment classes for the students to do homework. I usually sign up for homework jumpstart, that way, I am able to get a jump start on my homework. The enrichment class helps me a lot, that way I'll have time to go do other things after school.
TC has high standards for education. The staff here, at TC wants all of their students to be successful people in the future. They want what's best for us that's why they push us to try our best in everything we do. Our Basic Standard Testing scores are very high.
How to Cite this Page
"Graduation Speech: Thanks for the Good Times." 123HelpMe.com. 14 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Good evening parents, teachers, honored guests and soon to be graduates. My name is Ed Burrower, I'm the senior class president. A few weeks ago, I was told that I would be speaking at graduation. I was asked to put together a speech for tonight -- I've become experienced at speech writing over the past couple of weeks. The speech that you are hearing is the fourth one I've written, the recycle bin needs to be emptied at home and I need a new highlighter. Thank you, Mr. Mier, you get an "A+" for your help as my speech teacher but an "F" for saving trees.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- Success. It is something that everyone wants, but no one knows exactly what it is. Some believe it to be how many friends they have, how nice their car is or even being able to stay awake through graduation. I believe it is something different. I believe that success is determined by what a person does with the gifts and opportunities with which they were blessed. Our times at Powell High School have given us both those gifts and the opportunity. We have been fortunate enough to have several wonderful influences shape us into the people we are today.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
614 words (1.8 pages)
- Well, this is it, the day all of us have been waiting for has finally arrived. It seems like only yesterday we were picking our noses and flicking them at innocent bystanders or yelling childish phrases like, "Liar, liar, pants on fire!" or, wait, that was yesterday. Never mind. Anyways. What I'm trying to say is the years, have flown by and it's not going to be long before we're in the stands watching our kids graduate. You know, there is a lot more to graduating than leaving Rufus and getting a diploma.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
527 words (1.5 pages)
- As a graduation speaker, I'm supposed to stand up here reflectively gazing out upon the few, the proud, the chosen: the Class of 2012, and point in general directions while saying the cliché, "Among us I see the first female president and a future congressman and the next mayor of Everett." But besides that I would never in my most vengeful moments wish those positions upon any of you, I cannot make those assertions because I am categorically against campaigns of any kind. Inspirational speaker John Bytheway said, "Success is more likely to come naturally from living life fully than by a direct and pointed campaign to achieve that long-range goal." This asserts that it's better to achieve by... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- I'd like to begin tonight by thanking all of the people who have given the support and love that has carried me through high school. I'd like to give special thanks first of all to one of my teachers, Mr. Curt Johnson. Mr. Johnson teaches with so much passion and has shown all of his students so much love that it has inspired me throughout my high school years to achieve more than I thought possible. Thanks a lot Mr. Johnson. I'd also like to thank my father for his guidance and my athletic ability and my mother, who is the hardest working woman that I have ever met.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- I feel overwhelmed with emotions standing here before you this evening. It was only two years ago I remember sitting in this hot gym, on the hard bleachers, as many of you are tonight watching commencement. I was a newly single mother with three children. I had been homeless, had little education and did not have much self-esteem. Ron Wales, an attorney spoke at that commencement. Four months later he was shot and killed. I will always remember his enthusiasm and energetic presence when he spoke here that evening.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- On behalf of the class of 2006, the second graduating class of Digital Arts at George Cogswell College, we would like to welcome you. It is an honor for us to have you here to celebrate this special day with us. This is the last day of our school year and the beginning of our professional life. It is also a day that we have worked very hard for and we know we could not have done it without your help. We have studied diligently in these past three years and experienced many changes in the digital technologies.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1033 words (3 pages)
- When I was younger, I would often return home to a familiar question: So, what did you learn today. My answer would always be "nothing" or "stuff." As I look back, I never lied, yet, I never told the whole truth. Many people think that you don't know anything with only 18 years of experience; I think they're wrong. I've learned a lot about myself and others from the relationships I have built throughout the years. I believe my most important lessons were "people" lessons. Those are the ones which could never be taught out of a book or in a lecture; you have to go out and experience them for yourself.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
601 words (1.7 pages)
- I am extremely proud to be given the opportunity to address you all during this wonderful and momentous celebration. Each and every one of you deserves the greatest congratulations. You have paid a price to be here; put sweat, frustration, anger, effort, tears, blood and now triumph into your years at Napier High School. You all should be incredibly proud of yourselves. You know that you make your life whatever you want. And what you put in, you get out. Like the cross country girls' motto: "Where you find success you find sacrifice," if you give, you shall receive.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- Christopher Columbus, reflecting on his voyage which led him to the discovery of America, said, "Following the light of the sun, we left the Old World." I am sure that after four years of high school, we have all formed our own opinion of Christopher Columbus - especially if you had Mrs. Powers - but whether you view him as a genocidal rogue or the first American Hero, I find his quote fitting for where we stand today. As we set sail, leaving behind the Old World of Coleman High School, there are many things that I am sure none of us will miss.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
It is time for me to wrap this up... But before I go, I just want to thank everyone for helping me in all I did and for being such great people. I had a great time here at TC. One advice I want to give to the rest of the students behind, complete all your assignments or you'll be no where in life, and remeember, when a teacher says something to you, listen for it'll take you somewhere. Just don't think that they're punishing you because they aren't. They just want what's best for you. Well, I wish you all good luck, and for the graduation class, we've had good times and bad, but thanks for sharing your two years with me. Good luck to you guys and hope to see you all in the future. Thanks again.