Essay PreviewMore ↓
When I first came to MAHS I was pretty nervous and overwhelmed with my life. I was a new mother at a new school around new people with so many new responsibilities. At that time I didn't realize how overwhelmed I was until I burst into tears on my first day. From that day on I found great friends and teachers who have loved me and supported me every day.
This school has made me realize my potential in life. Graduating for me is a great but unsure feeling; but I know everyone here has a great future ahead of them. If we lose our way, we'll just come back - TEACHERS, COUNT ON IT.
I have some mainly good memories of our school. Like, I will always remember all of our daycare madness, all of Larry's announcements that never seemed to come out quite right. All of Mr. Lewis' large-group math trivia assignments that I could never quite figure out. I can't imagine why NOT.
I'll remember all of the guys who, no matter what time of the day, always found time to be outside playing basketball. I will remember our FCCLA trip to Wenatchee where we stayed in an under-construction hotel with a dirt swimming pool! It was alternative, but so were we. We learned to be proud of our uniqueness and our achievements.
How to Cite this Page
"Graduation Speech: Be Proud of Your Accomplishments." 123HelpMe.com. 27 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- No amount of education can completely prepare us for the world that lies ahead of us. Because it presents many unknowns, it is exciting yet at the same time frightening. I know that there are still so many things that can only be learned through experience; a challenge with which we will soon all be faced. I would like to read a letter written by a woman by the name of Avril Johannes which was published in the book "Chicken Soup For the Soul." She writes this letter to the world upon her son's and his classmates' graduation and it relates some of these same ideas.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- When I first began school in this district at County Junior High in seventh grade, I had no idea that I, along with my classmates, would have the privilege of building the New High School. Of course I don't mean the physical, brick-by-brick building; I mean the building of High School's spirit, the tradition of pride and achievement that permeates every brick, every part of our school. I had no idea what impact we would have in both the academic and athletic realms. Our group activities have fought for and won honors that can be envied by every other school.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
382 words (1.1 pages)
- Well guys, we've made it. We've made it through four years of one of the most highly involved times in our lives. We've seen all, we've done all, and at this point in the year, most of us have probably had enough of it all. If you think about it, four school years is really a long time. four years of high school is equal to 720 school days, 4,320 class periods, and if you're a busy guy like me and you tend to count things by the minute, then it might surprise you to know that we've been in class for about 237,600 minutes.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Welcome, class of 2012. Today I'm earning my Associate of Science degree [and let me tell you it feels great]. This fall I'll be studying physics at State University. I'm so proud to be graduating with you here at Northern Community College. Tonight, we're here to celebrate our accomplishments [and you know we deserve it!] May we not forget how far we have come, and let us look to the future and continue to push ourselves to reach for our dreams and goals. Some time ago we took that all so important first step.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- When I was asked to be your commencement speaker I figured it was my responsibility to say something so significant that it would help you make sense of what you have experienced over the last two years. I figured that I should answer one of life's great mysteries that you may have been confused about. And I am prepared to do that today. The question is, we have been dealing with them, writing papers about them, but what in the world are these Learning Outcomes anyway. And why have you made us study them.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
799 words (2.3 pages)
- Gradation is a day every teenage student looks forward to. Being able to walk across that stage and finally knowing the purpose of having to wake up at seven in the morning the last twelve years of your life. Not only are you making your parents proud but achieving one of your major milestone accomplishments thus far in your eighteen years, and soon after that you 'll be on your way out of your parents’ house and moving on to that next big chapter in the book of life called college. But most teens don 't think about or just want to forget what all they went through to finally get to that big day.... [tags: High school, College, Graduation, Education]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- I am extremely proud to be given the opportunity to address you all during this wonderful and momentous celebration. Each and every one of you deserves the greatest congratulations. You have paid a price to be here; put sweat, frustration, anger, effort, tears, blood and now triumph into your years at Napier High School. You all should be incredibly proud of yourselves. You know that you make your life whatever you want. And what you put in, you get out. Like the cross country girls' motto: "Where you find success you find sacrifice," if you give, you shall receive.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- It is with great pride and honor that I represent the class of 2012 of County High School. I do not want to brag or boast, but in my opinion, this class is just awesome. What do you guy's think. Our class has many amazing athletes and scholars who excel in their own capacities and musicians and artists who paint our world with their own language. The class of 2012, you should stand tall and be proud to sit here and be a part of such a talented and unique class. You cannot get an Annie Everett who has lettered 12 times from her athletics in just any typical class of seniors.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Well, here we are. Sitting in this stuffy gym wearing these unflattering robes, while the band is poised and ready to play “Pomp and Circumstance.” We’ve always known this day would come and, whether our teachers, our parents or ourselves are prepared for it, here it is. We’re about to take that giant leap in just a few minutes and after that, it’s time to make our own choices. No longer will our biggest decisions entail which person to ask to prom or which period would be the best to TA during.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1122 words (3.2 pages)
- Saturday night was my high school graduation and my party was Sunday afternoon. That whole weekend my family was coming in to town to watch me walk across the stage. This made me feel happy and amazing. When I got my diploma I was so excited. It felt great to have a great achievement already finished. As my family came and supported me at my graduation was awesome, I felt really proud of myself for what I have accomplished. When Sunday came around I went to church that morning. When I came home we got ready for my party to show off my accomplishments, that I got through high school.... [tags: Family, High school, Grandparent]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
All of you should be very proud of your accomplishments today. It might not seem like such a big deal right now, but by graduating, you've eliminated any regrets you would have had if you had chosen not to graduate.
Today we begin to follow our dreams because in the end all we have are our memories. I'm going to miss school, the teachers, and all of you. Congratulations to our class of 2012.