Essay PreviewMore ↓
It ended up being, collectively, one of the most amazing experiences I have even had. From the very beginning, it was not what I expected. Boys tennis, never a very strong team at County High, surprised me, and alone was an unforgettable experience. I never envisioned myself playing in the league finals, I was as surprised as anyone, and when I missed out on state, I was as disappointed as anyone. Other activities left their mark; finally being involved in art, finally playing with the jazz band, finally being completely done with pit orchestra. I also never imagined a thing called 'knowledge bowl' could be so much fun. Each activity, in itself, built a memory I will forever hold.
More even than the activities, the people I became close to this year have grown to be cornerstones of who I've become. Most of my good friends graduated last year and I thought I would be lost without them. The situation ended up being the exact opposite, however, and I now cannot imagine what I would be like had I never become close to my good friends now. I have watched myself, and those around me become better, stronger people.
I now can say that I would not give up a second of my time here for anything. The teachers here, the other students, the opportunities and the experiences have made me what I am today.
How to Cite this Page
"Graduation Speech: An Amazing Year!." 123HelpMe.com. 17 Jan 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Congratulations. Today is your day. You're off to Great Places. You're off and away. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself Any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go. You'll look up and down streets. Look 'em over with care. About some you will say, "I don't choose to go there." With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, You're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
684 words (2 pages)
- Hello, good morning and welcome to graduation for the class of 2012. I have waited to hear those words for 5 years - and by the looks on all of my fellow graduates faces, I am not alone. Think with me for a minute about the process we have gone through which has gathered us here today. Our stories of these past years are not much different. Whether you went to a community college, transferred here from another four-year school or started your freshman year in the dorms near the entrance of this campus, we are finally finishing together.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1324 words (3.8 pages)
- (Love you mom and dad in Romanian) A lot of people here today probably didn't understand what I just said because I am Romanian, but if you take a look at my parents face they know I love them. I am Romanian and my parents came to the U.S. and could have chosen any state but they chose Washington. For all the people who don't appreciate Washington as much as me let me lay down some vibes. After I went to Arizona and California and some other states I came to realize that everything here is so much greener.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Ladies and Gentlemen we are assembled here this evening to celebrate the graduation of the Community College Class of 2012. With this celebration comes many distinctions, honors and legacies. This is a great time to be a graduate of Community College, because we are a group of students who are graduating with high grade point averages, leadership skills, overall talent, plus we are leaving behind much to be admired by future classes. Our class is also a very diverse and dedicated one. As if being a student alone was not a difficult task, many of our classmates hold jobs outside of school, are active in their communities as coaches, volunteers, athletes and leaders, and many have families to... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
676 words (1.9 pages)
- As freshmen, life was overwhelmingly, exhaustingly demanding, Eat, sleep, and school. Don’t trip and fall in front of seniors, And don’t act like a fool. "Each floor is like a baseball field," The teachers all would tell. So why can’t I find room 222. Oh great, there goes the bell. No pressure from the sports team tryouts ‘Cause all we made was JV. While upperclassmen said, "thaz aight" We would yell, "yippee!" I know, how cool were we. But what amazing concepts to grasp Who knew bands could play real notes.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
470 words (1.3 pages)
- It has been said that the best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up. But as I reminisce about our years together at Lafayette, I realize it takes so much more to attain your dreams. Struggles, victories, joys, sorrows, understandings, confusions, these conscious experiences have paved the way for us to be here tonight, leading us to the realization of our dreams. This ceremony today marks the end to four nerve-wracking, diligent, years and the beginning of something which, although difficult to predict, is guaranteed to be at least the greatest adventure we as adults have embarked upon yet.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
691 words (2 pages)
- [Go up with Senior Homecoming t-shirt and hold up front and back so everyone can see] "Seniors. We just don't care." I feel that this has been our slogan for the past four years, but what I wanted to talk to you about is the opposite of what our shirt says. When I was chosen to speak, you have no idea how honored I was. It was completely unexpected. There's so much that I feel for you as I stand before you at this moment and I can feel the tears coming on, but I'll try to hold back until after the ceremony.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- The first thing that comes to mind when I think of High School When I think of my past four years of school, I have a lot of memories, more good than bad. I've been trying to think of what I have learned in high school and what has meant the most to me. A lot of people that I have met along the way have left me with pieces of wisdom. I am guilty of having a one-track mind, and sometimes that has hindered me from fully benefiting from all the wisdom I have been given. But, I try my best to see other's reasoning for things and their point of view, though at times I find it very difficult.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- Good evening and welcome parents, family, community members, friends, the School Board, faculty, and seniors to the County High School Class of 2012 commencement ceremony. It is a great honor to be able to welcome you here today. Class of 2012, you have worked hard for 12 years; tonight we celebrate your achievements - this night is yours. Congratulations. I have heard that some faculty members have coined the term "survivors" with reference to our graduating class. Indeed, we are survivors and I cannot think of a better term to describe us.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
411 words (1.2 pages)
- As we look back on our past we inevitably lose sight of our future, yet as we gaze into the future it seems so difficult to enjoy the present. Some say that we should live for the moment but they're so commonly the ones always whining about the unforeseen. Other say to live for a purpose, they seem inevitably to mean that you should neglect what's truly important in life in the name of money, power and fame. Uncle Sam says to live for your country, but that seems so commonly synonymous with dying for it, and if you do, you are a hero in my eyes.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
975 words (2.8 pages)
Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone.
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.