Essay PreviewMore ↓
A few years ago, I made a mistake that I learned never to do again. I was dating a girl who I was friends with before dating her. I met her when I moved to Milton FL. She was the first girl that I started talking to. At first we were just good friends and then I decided to ask her out on a date. To my surprise she said yes. After that, we began dating more and finally started going out. We had a pretty good relationship until I found someone that I was more attracted to. I decided that the best thing was to let my girlfriend know that I have found someone else. To some people this would be easy but for me it was hard. My girl bought me everything that I wanted. Even stuff that I did not ask for. I was going to break-up with her over the phone but I decided to be a man about it. I called her up and told her that I need to talk to her so I was coming over to her house. I made sure that I got everything that she had bought me over the years. I got to her house and she met me outside. For some reason she already knew that it was not good. When I told her that I did not want to see her anymore, she got very upset. She started to yell at me and instead of being calm about it, I started to yell back. That was a very big mistake. All at once I saw her eyes fill with rage and suddenly she kicked me where no man would ever want to be kicked. After I got out of the hospital I realized that I broke up with her the wrong way. Knowing the pain that I went through, I decided that I would let men know the things they should not do when breaking up with their woman. First of all, do not start flirting with another woman while you are already with one. Secondly, do not be rude to her. The man should talk to her as if he wants to ask her out again. Lastly, the guy should not take his eyes off of her.
A man that wants to break-up with his woman should not start flirting with another woman.
How to Cite this Page
"How Not to Break Up." 123HelpMe.com. 18 Jul 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the poem Mid-Term Break by Seamus Heaney, the ideas of death, trauma, grief and finality are explored. The poem itself is as haunting as it is brilliantly executed. The poem depicts a boy arriving home from boarding school, to where he is informed of the tragic death of his younger brother, whose doomed fate indelibly marks the narrator, whom is the boy’s older brother. The boy recounts the experience of losing a loved one. The author has incorporated many elements and style in a subtle and distinct manner.... [tags: Mid-Term Break Essays]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- Séamus Heaney's Mid-Term Break Séamus Heaney's "Mid-Term Break" is among the few poems that have emotionally moved me. The writer uses many techniques including similes, metaphors and beautiful lexical choice to convey the sombre and miserable situation of his brother's death. In this essay I am going to analyse the language of the poem and discuss, in more detail, the techniques used to convey the real sadness of the situation. "Mid-Term Break" is a very emotive poem in which Séamus Heaney reflects on the untimely demise of his little brother Christopher and explains what was going through his mind at that time.... [tags: Mid Term Break Seamus Heaney]
1865 words (5.3 pages)
- Reading a story or poem about death is usually sad and overtly predictable. However, Seamus Heaney inverts this mundane typicality to deliver a poem shrouded in mystery. The main aspects of Heaney's poem Mid-Term Break are the plot development and how the diction sets the somber tone that slowly reveals the mystery. One technique Heaney uses is diction, which aids in plot development. In the first stanza he uses words that draw out the stanza and make it seem to last a long time. In the first line the use of the word all drags out the line. The sense of time is apparent in this first stanza. The second line, Counting bells knelling classes to a close, uses words that describe... [tags: Heaney Mid-Term Break Poem Poetry Essays]
1053 words (3 pages)
- The Theme Of Death In Mid-Term Break And The Early Purges The Irish poet Seamus Heaney is renowned for evoking his very personal experiences and feelings throughout his poetry. He frequently calls upon those experiences from his childhood to support his adult feelings over given topics and circumstances. The two poems Mid-Term Break and Early Purges both present two very personal experiences of Heaney's surrounding his juvenile experiences of death. Both poems combine a variation of techniques in miscellaneous manners to present such views.... [tags: Papers Mid Term Break Early Essays]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- A Comparison of Seamus Heaney's Mid-Term Break and Digging I am comparing two poems by Seamus Heaney- `Mid-Term Break` and `Digging`. Both of the poems are written about his childhood and his family. The first poem I analysed was `Mid-Term Break`, where the simple and straight forward title `Break` caught my attention suggesting to me that this poem is going to be a positive experience, a break from work, a time to relax. The commencing stanza, the first line reads, ?I sat all morning in the college sick bay?, which has connotation of depression, illness and suffering suggested from the word `sick`.... [tags: Seamus Heaney Break Digging Poems Essays]
2070 words (5.9 pages)
- Introduction Effective communication is one of the most important things to maintain a happy relationship. Communication will help to create a better atmosphere and to know what are the interests, thoughts and feelings of your loved one. All romantic relationships need a lot of communications from both sides. The main factor is interpersonal communication, which couples are able to overlap environments and create a relationship. We reviewed the movie “The Breakup” and have found the concepts of Integrating, differentiating, and terminating.... [tags: movies, cinematography, film analysis]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- The Break That Teaches "So, does this mean that we are finished now?" "I guess so." In three terrifying words that I dreaded hearing, everything was finished. Nine months of my life melted away from me and seemed to become meaningless as my girlfriend broke up with me, and I had no idea how I would cope with it. I had been "released" from relationships before by other girls, but this time was unlike any other. Sarah and I had a special bond. I had taken this relationship for granted, and the event that took place in our church's office was one of the biggest lessons of my life.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- Break Dancing Most people have heard of break dancing and have been amazed and mystified by the extraordinary movement, but what is it really and where did originate from. Many people have influenced the history of break dancing and will continue to. From being a recreational sport it has become competitive and addictive to hundreds of people all around the world as some of the greats of the business like Kujo to the new learners experiment and progress further the sport will never die out.... [tags: Papers]
1417 words (4 pages)
- Fast Break The most exciting play in basketball is the fast break. This poem outlines every detail of the fast break and does a great job using the words to create a fantastic visual for the reader. The title of the poem, “Fast Break,” is actually what the whole poem is describing. The visual that is created is one of the reasons this poem is so appealing. My love for the game of basketball, more specifically at the collegiate level is another reason why this poem catches my attention. The author, Edward Hirsch, is probably the speaker and also a coach or fan of the team that is playing.... [tags: essays research papers]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Break Stalin Destalinization: A Wise Political Strategy Although many of his ideas did not bring the expected results, Nikita Khrushchev policies of de-Stalinization were politically wise. He went against many of Stalin’s tyrannical policies and gave the people a much greater sense of freedom. In the process known as “de-Stalinization';, legal procedures were restored, some greater degree of meaningful public controversy was permitted, forced labor camps were closed and the secret police tactics of Stalin’s era were erased.... [tags: essays research papers]
1684 words (4.8 pages)
Secondly, a man does not want to rude to his woman when he decides to break-up with his woman. As I said before, he should talk to her as if he wants to ask her out again. Being rude to his woman will allow the man to get no where; instead it will cause him to dig a deeper hole than what he already has. For example, when my girlfriend found out that I was flirting with another woman she got pissed. I think she was more upset that it was her cousin than anything else. When she found out I was extremely rude to her. I should have been nice to her and instead I decided to be a jerk. If a man decides that he wants to be rude, he should always remember to apoligize to the woman. Not only did I dig myself a big hole but I also ruined our friendship because I did not apopgize to her. I belive that if I would of done that then I could of saved our friendship atleast. Since I did not apolgize to my girlfriend, it made our friendship go to hell.
Lastly the man should never take his eyes off his girl. I made the mistake of doing this and it cost me dearly. After I told her the rage she had built up inside came out in a furious kick to my groin. This mistake that I made could have been prevented if I would not of took my eyes off of her. As soon as I did that she had a perfect oppurtuinty to take advantage of the situation. Not all women will kick their man in the groin, some will just slap them or just punch their man. For some reason my girl thought that it would be better for her to just kick me. While I was laying on the ground I just kept thinking on why I ever took my eyes off of her.
In conclusion if a man will follow these steps of what not to do then the outcome could be a lot better than what mine was. A man should just be honest with his woman instead of lying and doing other stuff and the end result of their break-up will have a better friendship than what mine had.