A research conducted pertaining to a city is always concerned with a number of areas that describe it. One of the areas of study could be the lifestyle of the habitants of the city. Another area of interest could be the avenues, lanes, recreational facilities that are in the city, as well as most of the welfare amenities used to make life better for its dwellers. This is a research proposal on a study into Tucson’s geographical location and the lifestyle of its dwellers. It is concerned about the town’s positioning, strategic placement of the streets and all the developments that make the town conspicuous. Bearing in mind that the town is developing, there must be some changes in lifestyle of those living in town. This paper seeks to determine the changes experienced and the factors that are causing them.
Tucson town lies between Phoenix to southeast and US-Mexico border to the north and is located in United States in Pima, which is a county within Arizona State. Since Tucson is a metropolis, it has close to 1 million people of different backgrounds, consistent with population statistics released recently (Woosley 2008, 285). The city is considered the largest in Arizona where the main economic activity is manufacturing of optic merchandise; it has over 160 companies.
Geographically, the city is within a valley since on all sides the skyline is composed of mountains. To the north of the city, the Santa Catalina Mountains are well visible and the Rincon Mountains are located to the east; with Tucson Mountains bordering the city to the west (Woosley 2008, 285). There are still other mountains that are far and hence less visible; but still, they form the skyline of Tucson Mountains. This mean...
... middle of paper ...
...nd municipal council administration personnel, and downtown security agents, in order to traverse the area; especially when undertaking the geographic analysis.
Harris, Lynda K., Shaw Webmail W and Schelhas John. 1997. "Urban neighbors' wildlife-related attitudes and behaviors near federally protected areas in Tucson, Arizona, USA." Natural Areas Journal. 17 (2): 144-148.
Moisés, Rosalio. 2001. The Tall Candle: The personal chronicle of a Yaqui Indian. Nebraska: University of Nebraska Press.
Prytherch, David L. 2002. "Selling the Eco-Entrepreneurial city: Natural wonders and urban stratagems in Tucson, Arizona." Urban Geography. 23 (8): 771-793.
Sheridan, Thomas E. 1992. Los Tucsonenses: The Mexican legacy of Tucson. Tucson: University of Arizona Press.
Woosley, Ann I. 2008. Early Tucson. Charleston, South Carolina: Arcadia Publishing.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Resarch Paper Proposal: The Box Jellyfish As far back as I can trace my memories I remember that as a child I always liked to be in the water. Swimming pools were my absolute favorite. Wherever I went, I would always ask if there was a swimming pool. However, things changed when my parents took me to Florida for the first time. When I looked out onto the ocean my parents told me that the first words that came out of my mouth were, “Look mom, dad it’s a huge swimming pool!” I bet anyone can guess what happened next; I took off on a mad dash right into the ocean.... [tags: Project Proposal]
667 words (1.9 pages)
- The anticipated research paper will be taking into consideration the perspectives of the individuals that lived and died as a result of the Black Death, specifically from the year 1348 CE – 1350 CE and in the better known parts of the world during that period, the reactions, preventative measure that were taken to combat the plague, the religious and governmental response. In the collection of primary sources amassed by John Aberth in The Black Death, 1348-1350: the great mortality of 1348-1350 ; a brief history with documents1 he very succinctly provides a condensed description of each document by giving a background of the author as well as the source of the primary source.... [tags: Research Paper Proposal]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction The study will seek to find out the possibility of introducing an environmental engineering program at Laurentian University. The issue of environment is one that has become very important for human beings and as such, more knowledge is needed to come up with positive solutions for all. The Laurentian University has a track record in producing engineers who are highly reputable and as such it is well placed to offer these courses to students. An environmental engineering program will combine all the divisions of science, which can make a difference in people’s daily lives.... [tags: Research Proposal ]
1435 words (4.1 pages)
- Introduction Social networking has made its way into American culture quickly and is more prevalent now than ever before. Many people have different views on the relevance and benefits of social networking, whether they are positive or negative standpoints. Nevertheless, social media and networking is a part of our American lifestyles as a whole. As a Computer Information Systems major and studying the foundations and composition of computer applications, I would like to research the effects that social networks have on underclassmen undergraduate students attending an Historically Black College or University.... [tags: Research Proposals]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- Did you know that the first few minutes of class is the only time a student listens to their teacher. A student listens to a 60-90 minute lectures from classroom to classroom for 200 school days. But a student cannot focus their attention for that long so they ended up losing their attention somewhere else. Someday, this may be a trouble to their parents. Students lacking concentration may cause failure in planning for their future. Attention refers to the state of applying the mind into specific information currently seen in our surroundings.... [tags: Research Proposals]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- The underperformance of many students at the primary level of the education system in Jamaica has caused the schools to be placed under the microscope and there has been an intense focus on academic performance of students and the success of primary schools in general. Tied to this underperformance are many problems that are hindering the teaching and learning process, but little focus is placed on the learning environment and therefore the school climate as a critical factor is faded in the background.... [tags: Research Proposals]
1351 words (3.9 pages)
- Is it true that despite the Technology Development, Electronic Commerce is still Legally a Grey Area. Usage of modern means of communication such as electronic mail and electronic data interchange for the purpose of international trade transactions have been increasing rapidly. With the development of information technology and growing Internet accessibility worldwide, international trade is soon expected to change its traditional way of doing business. However, this development may be hindered by the lack of a globally accepted means of using the Internet to create a contract and make payment.... [tags: Research Proposal]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- Research Proposal: Business Process Outsourcing In South Africa Table of Contents 1 Introduction and Background 1 2 Definition of Research Problem 2 3 Preliminary Literature Review 2 4 Research Design and Method 4 5 Timeframe 5 6 Framework for Proposed Study 6 7 Provisional List of Sources 6 8 Date of Completion 7 1 Introduction and Background In the nineties corporations realised that due to economic and business pressures, corporations need to focus on core business activities. In addition rapid technology advances rendered the provision of IT services free from the business location.... [tags: Research Methodology Business]
1491 words (4.3 pages)
- Statement of Research Proposal My broader research interests lie in the areas of international and comaparative political economy, applied game theory and quanttitative methodology. My current research projects focus on the simultaneous interaction between politics and economy at both the national and the international levels. I am particularly interested in the dynamic relationship between economic liberalization and political survival of authoritarian regimes. I also have a special interest in East Asian politics, particularly Chinese politics.... [tags: International Economy]
1989 words (5.7 pages)
- Business Proposal In today’s busy world where time is precious to everybody; getting readymade food at the door steps is everyone’s wish. That’s the precise reason anyone from small restaurant to the biggest have home food delivery service. Everyone have their own choice in foods and eat different stuff at different time. Even In same family someone may want pizza for dinner, someone want subway sandwich, and someone may want Mexican food. In such situation when everyone in family want different stuff to eat at same time; you may end up spending lots of time going through different food menus, calling different restaurants, putting up separate orders and wait to get all orders delivered so... [tags: Business Proposal]
434 words (1.2 pages)