While visiting a foreign country, safety is one of the most important factors to be considered. Fortunately, for all those “Pho craving tourists” Vietnam is a relatively safe country to visit. Even though crimes do exist in Vietnam, the crime rates are only as high as other Southeast Asian countries. The chances of encountering violent crimes are present but are very low. Petty crimes, sadly, has a higher chance of happening, especially in tourists sites, but this is also the case in other tourist destinations in the world, even Italy. In addition, “Vietnam has a high degree of political and social stability.”(Vietnam Travel Safety, n.d.) Undeterred by the country’s crime rates, Vietnam’s government is ruled by one dominant party which help holds the integrity of the government. The only opposing group to the ruling party is a small and insignificant one. Stability in the government is caused by having one dominant party, therefore, It is very unlikely for someone to be caught in an insurgency...
... middle of paper ...
...n their daily diet. To not have Vietnam as planned family destination could leave one regretting their whole lives.
Attitude toward the self. Retrieved from http://www.vietspring.org/values/attitude.html
Hopkins, R., Austin, J. & Clapton, L. (Ed.) (2005) The Travel Book: A Journey Through Every Country in the World. Victoria: Lonely Planet.
TET - the biggest festival in Vietnam. Retrieved from http://vietnam.missouri
Typical Vietnamese Foods. Retrieved from http://www.activetravelvietnam.com/
Vietnam Travel Safety. Retrieved from http://vietnamgoodtravelguide.com/
Vietnam: Destinations and Transport. Retrieved from http://www.internations.org/viet
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Traveling to a different continent is like traveling to a different world. There are new cultures to be experienced and unfamiliar places to explore. It is necessary to have a basic understanding of the norms in a different country in order to have a smooth and enjoyable vacation. With 725 million people, 50 countries, and 20 official languages, there is much to learn about Europe (Europe). In order to have a perfect European vacation, it is essential to recognize the best time to travel, different methods of transportation, currency conversions, and the best places to visit.... [tags: informative essay]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- The Perfect Vacation Destination Everyone deserves a vacation from time to time to allow them to take a break from their busy lives. Whether you crave the warm blissful sun on a white sand beach or a chilly winter wonderland, vacations are a must to allow one to continue a stress free life. The greater question on potential vacationers’ minds is, where is the best place to vacation to. The answer is definitely Rome, Italy. What truly makes this city a charmer is its delicious food, beautiful architecture and priceless art.... [tags: Rome, Roman Empire, Vespasian, Italy, Ancient Rome]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- I carry the memories of the ghosts of a place called Vietnam-the people of Vietnam, my fellow soldiers- Tim O’Brien Born on October 1, 1946, William Timothy O’Brien, famously know as Tim O’Brien, served as a soldier in the Vietnam War (Britannica, 2016). Tim like most of the soldiers were either drafted or volunteered to fight in Vietnam. Many of them, including Tim battled the emotions of alienation and fearfulness during the time of the war. O’Brien illustrated those emotions in his chapter “The Things They Carried”.... [tags: Vietnam, South Vietnam, Vietnam War, Cambodia]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Being Puerto Rican means a lot to me. It means having an enriched heritage. We have a diverse ethnic background and this makes us unique. I am very proud of the struggle, we as Puerto Ricans have had to overcome. When I sit at my grandmother’s dining room table, eating white rice with beans and chuletas with a Malta to drink, I reflect on how glad I am to be a Puerto Rican because we eat so well. Puerto Ricans are well known for being friendly, respectful and for their warm hospitality. Being Puerto Rican means more to me than just food but that’s where it all begins sitting at a table surrounded by loving, funny, loud family members.... [tags: Puerto Rico, United States, Culture, U.S. state]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- An Extraordinary Vacation in Vietnam (Draft V4) Slowly opening my dreaded eyes and blinking rapidly to shake off my state of unconsciousness, I peek outside of the airplane window to see where we were at. Scanning with my eyes to the top view, I could see the beautiful white miniscule stars that shines across the sky. Shifting my eyes down to the bottom, I glimpse at the vast amount of city lights that springs across the land. As I brainlessly stare through the window of the plane, I felt a slight bump on my shoulder.... [tags: Ho Chi Minh, Ho Chi Minh City, Sleep, Vietnam]
2271 words (6.5 pages)
- The Perfect Place for Departure The scenic beauty and vast historical background of Charleston makes it an ideal location for cruise ships to embark from. It is both beneficial and lucrative for Charleston to have a port for ships. Historic downtown Charleston is known for its southern hospitality and caters to the needs of non Charlestonians, thus making it appealing for those attending a cruise. “Home to the Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, as well as exquisite dining options, amazing beaches, shopping and countless historical sites, this charming seaside southern city is a fantastic destination in itself!” (Cruise Network) The trip to the port is a vacation in itself, eve... [tags: Travel]
1377 words (3.9 pages)
- If you are tired of the cliché beach vacation or feeling lackluster about camping out in the woods, these unusual places around the world will inspire you to look at your upcoming vacation time with a whole new set of eyes. More people are turning away from lazy days spent on white sand in favor of more active and adventurous vacations; whether it be in their own backyard or jaunting off on the other side of the globe. 10. Leshan Giant Buddha Found in Sichuan, China, it is one of the largest depictions of Buddha in the world standing over 233 feet tall.... [tags: adventure, wonders, excursions]
1452 words (4.1 pages)
- I used to spend the last part of my summer vacation with my uncle and aunt. As a continuation of a long-ago-established tradition we decided going to York - a small, picturesque tourist town at the seaside, located in the southeastern part of Maine. On the 27th of August, early in the morning we went to my uncle’s car with the entire luggage, prepared to leave and spend a nice, relaxing vacation, far away from the problems of the city. Unfortunately the unpleasant surprises started from the first second of our vacation.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Have you ever been on a vacation. To me a vacation is a time to be with friends or family. When I think of vacations, I think of packing, the flight or drive, and relaxation. Not only is it very exciting to go on a vacation, but you get closer to the people that go with you. Linda, my best friend's mom had asked me if I would want to go with their family to Florida. When she asked me I thought she was kidding, but when she said, "I need to know because if you are I need to get you a airplane ticket," I knew she was serious.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- One of my favorite family traditions is summer vacation. Every summer without fail we go on vacation. For the past ten years we have been going to Disney World with our family friends the Battaglia's, so it has turned into a tradition up until last summer when we broke our florida adventure to go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We have been going on vacation with the Battaglia's for so long for a very good reason. It is because everyone gets along. My mom, Mr. Battaglia and Mrs. Battaglia are very good friends.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
432 words (1.2 pages)