Few violent video games exist compared to the total amount of video games that exist. Due to this fact less of a chance exists that people will become kind because of video games then the chance of people becoming violent because of video games. The argument that peaceful video games cause people to act kind does not exist because people do not need an excuse to become kind. Violent people need an excuse to act violently whether the excuses come to pass as someone annoying them or just having a bad day, but sadly a major excuse befalls violent video games as the cause of violence. If a person acts violently they may get more violent by playing a violent video game, but that person had a history of violence before they played a violent video game.
The relationship between video games and violence grows further with every violent action committed. Almost every household contains a video game system, and cell phones also provide a video game platform. ...
... middle of paper ...
...ideo games and increased aggression in players is one of the most studied and best established
in the field." By this Appelbaum proves that not enough research links violent video games to violent behavior.
Violent video games serve as an outlet for violence, and reduce violence in people more than anything. People believe that playing violent video games causes people to become violent, but all playing violent video games does is desensitize people to violence. Video games do not cause people to become violent, however, violent people who play violent video games may become more violent. If any innocent person plays a violent video game it does not change their capacity to commit violence, but only changes their capacity to witness violence. Witnessing violence does not make a violent person, therefore, playing violent video games does not make people violent.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When video games are mentioned, most people think of teenagers. In a like manner, people tend to look at violent video games as teenagers’ main source of violence. They seem to believe in the likelihood of a kid bringing Call of Duty gameplay into real life. Since video games and the people who play them vary in many different factors, it is extremely difficult to arrive at a simple yes or no answer as to whether violent video games make people violent. However, when considering that the question is if video games lead to violent people, I believe the answer is no.... [tags: Video game, Violence, Video game controversy]
1599 words (4.6 pages)
- “Do violent video games cause people to perform violent acts?” The age old question that has been asked by concerned parents and scientists everywhere for as long as anyone can remember, and this question in turn has created a controversial debate over whether or not violent video games actually causes grotesque acts of violence or if it actually helps to discourage violent behavior. John Von Radwitz writes an article about why violence in video games is causing trouble in today 's society more than ever and warns people to take action sooner rather than later.... [tags: Violence, Crime, Video game controversy]
1377 words (3.9 pages)
- video games containing violence like mentioned in an earlier paragraph, it would decrease the market drastically. Research towards violent video games causing violence are often flawed or inflict some bias. Ferguson expresses after his research, “Scholars have expressed concern that many past studies have relied on flawed methodology including poorly validated outcome measures, failure to control for third variables and single responder bias” (117). Variables are ignored such as competitive drive, overall wellbeing, and if they enjoy the games initially.... [tags: Violence, Aggression, Video game controversy]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Since the creation of video games blame has befallen them for violence. Some video games portray extreme violence, but video games come in a wide variety of genres. Genres of video games can range from innocent children games to violent adults only games. One of the most popular genre ,violent action games, allows people to do things that they can not in society. The playing of violent video games often represents a factor in motivating shockingly violent youth crimes such as high school shootings in the US.... [tags: Video game, Violence, Video game controversy]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Violence is everywhere, in magazines in the shops, on the TV, on websites like YouTube as well as in video games. Yet, why is it that those video games are said to be the biggest media source responsible for the violent outbursts of different individuals. Is this really the case. Every eight out of ten homes in the United Kingdom own a current generation games console and video games have become a fantastic source of education when helping kids to learn, such websites like educationcity.com or the VTech Learning System that teach kids literacy, numeracy and the sciences through their games.... [tags: Video Games, Violence, Media Source]
1047 words (3 pages)
- In today’s day and age it has been suggested that teens are becoming more violent. Some worry that certain aspects of our technology, including the intenseness of violent video games, are affecting the violence among America’s youth, while others don’t see this as an issue at all. A study done in 2004, Factors Correlated with Violent Video Games Use by Adolescent Boys and Girls, reported that boys in grades seventh and eighth played violent video games to either release their anger or help them relax.... [tags: technology, youth, violent behavior, anger]
1171 words (3.3 pages)
- People have always been looking for a reason why horrible things happen. The media is quick to blame video games as the target and cause of many shootings that have occurred, ever since Columbine and Quake. People have been blaming video games for violence for years now, ever since violent video games have been made. News reports blame video games more and more for each shooting, telling the public how this person played video games for x amount of hours a day, and that video games caused him or her to shoot people, and how video games encourage and reward violence.... [tags: video games, violence]
1839 words (5.3 pages)
- Although violent video games are thought to encourage real world violence, they actually help to prevent it. I am focusing on violent video games and how they affect juveniles because I feel that this issue needs to be looked at in the criminal justice community. It is an unnecessary distraction to blame the actions of a disturbed youth on a form of entertainment that has been used by millions of people without incident. A review article published in The Psychiatric Quarterly found that many studies which claim to indicate an increase in aggression due to video games are, in fact, biased.... [tags: Video Games Violence]
2419 words (6.9 pages)
- Do violent video games increase aggression in the people who play them. If so then video games could be responsible for much of the bad news we hear on television. Are video games responsible for school shootings. Do producers of video games need to tone down the violence. What will happen if video games become more and more violent and realistic. On the other hand, are video games to blame at all for the increase of violence in kids. When violence in video games started to increase, people started noticing an increase in the aggression of their children as well.... [tags: Violent Video Games 2014]
3044 words (8.7 pages)
- Violent Video Games and Aggressive Behavior Statistics have shown that the violence among young people is increasing every year. Many people blame musicians and other types of artists who portray negative actions as something positive. Others might blame the parents for not watching over their children. But many people fail to bring up technology as an issue. With the new DVD that shows sex and violence or computers that gives kids access to unauthorized sites, technology is something that many parents need to look out for.... [tags: Violent Video Games Youth Violence]
1571 words (4.5 pages)
- The Assumption That Anthropogenic Climate Change Is Occurring
- Narrative Of The Life Of Frederick Douglass, An American Slave
- Girl And The Women 's Swimming Pool
- Inclusion Is The Concept Of Include Learning, Intellectually, And Developmentally Disabled
- Video Games Effects On Children 's Physiological And Psychological Health
- An Investigation Of Minor Tremors