The effects of video games on development may seem minor and have no effect. This is not true. Video games effect development because it can influence bad behaviors and other behaviors that a child normally wouldn’t do, say, or act. Not all video games are harmful, but, some of the violent games can cause bad behavior to the child. This topic is important to me because I believe that video games do have an effect on children’s behavior. I plan on having children so I wanted to do the research to find out how to cope with this growing problem.
I chose this topic because I think that it is a growing problem in America. Video games are a serious issue and people should be aware of the effects it can have on their children. This topic does relate to me because I plan on having children so I wanted to learn more on this subject and the influences video games can have on a child.
Although, this topic might not directly influence my chosen career path of Nursing I do believe it is a wise idea to be knowledgeable about the topic. There could be a parent that comes in thinking because their child has started acting different over the past couple of years and is having difficulty with things such as no social life, bad grades, or bad behavior. This parent could think that the child has a disease but it could be just something as simple as effects of video games.
The idea that something so popular could cause such violence has not just been around in the past ten years. This idea has been around since the 1950s starting with something that every child wanted for his birthday. Comic books were the start of something so popular teaching violence to children (Keim 3). So this idea has not just been bro...
... middle of paper ...
...mes are potentially harmful for the young child and older child. There are many things that can go wrong with allowing your child to play video games with no limits and letting them play games that are not suitable for their age group. Parents should monitor what video games their children play and how much they play that video game. Video games obviously have some impact on the child on their behavior and if you don’t agree with that you should at least believe it is a reason.
My mind has changed in the fact that if I do allow my child to play video games that I need to follow most of the tips that were mentioned above. I believe that if I limit the time my child plays video games and the video games I allow them to play I think that it will not influence them in a bad way. I will definitely think more about what video game I get my children and allow them to play.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Video Games and the Effects on Children The effects of video games on development may seem minor and have no effect. This is not true. Video games effect development because it can influence bad behaviors and other behaviors that a child normally wouldn’t do, say, or act. Not all video games are harmful, but, some of the violent games can cause bad behavior to the child. This topic is important to me because I believe that video games do have an effect on children’s behavior. I plan on having children so I wanted to do the research to find out how to cope with this growing problem.... [tags: Video game, Nonviolent video game, Game]
1626 words (4.6 pages)
- The video game industry has grown by leaps and bounds over the last several years. The parents of teenagers and younger children probably know this all too well. In America, 81% of youths play some type of video game once a month, while 8.5% of them are addicted to the gaming frenzy. The average 8 to 12 year old child plays thirteen hours of video games per week, and the average 13 to 18 year old plays them 14 hours per week (Hughes). Many parents feel that these countless hours of playing video games can have negative effects on their children, especially if the games contain violence.... [tags: Video game, Video game industry]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- Nowadays video games get nothing but bad reputations from people. You have people in powerful positions saying that video games have nothing but bad effects and that they only promote violence and lead to children acting out on that violence. Who are the people listening to these people in powerful positions. Parents. Some Parents have this misunderstanding that all video games are bad and that all video games have a negative effect on their child and how they develop. Some parents with that understanding are misinformed and need to understand just how beneficial video games can actually be for their children.... [tags: Video game, Video game genres]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- In today’s day and age and with the advancement of technology, video games have become one of the most popular cultural hobbies enjoyed by users worldwide. However, the increase use of video games has generated a controversy regarding its psychological harm on children. Many people have assumed there is a correlation between video games and violent behaviour by youth. As a result, countless studies have been conducted to test whether the hypothesis that video games negatively alter the attitudes and behaviours of players is a theory or myth.... [tags: Video game, Video game controversy]
1927 words (5.5 pages)
- Society seems to either love or hate video games. Some say that they turn children into savages, detached from the world, while others say that they encourage creativity and allow children to express themselves in ways never before possible. Many people who have experienced games might say that they are enjoyable entertainment. However current research suggests that gaming is affecting individuals mental and emotional health that may on the surface appears to be negative, but are in fact leading into a new era of human development.... [tags: Video game, Video game genres]
1821 words (5.2 pages)
- The lights, sounds, the visuals many things come into our minds when we think of video games. It has been seen as a detrimental part of society and as a form of art. In current times some of the biggest events are from video games. Today’s youth in society cannot almost not be spoken of without video games being mentioned at one point. As a form of media that touches our society from young and old, it has a lot of controversy surrounding certain aspects of it. Videogames and Violence One such critical view on video games is that it has caused an increase of violence and a desensitization of said violence in children.... [tags: Video game, Video game controversy]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Video games have been around since the 1950’s, each year as society becomes more open and accepting of change; the content that is shown in video games has also changed. These past few years the games that make the most money, include some sort of violent backstory. Whether it be killing zombie soldiers in space or ripping alien’s guts out, the content that is allowed to be shown has steadily increased in violence. Sure there are age requirements in order to buy such games, but kids can get their hands on them easily.... [tags: Video game, Video game controversy, Aggression]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- Are video games really as bad as some think. Some people find video games to be the cause of violence and delays in learning. Other people think that gaming is actually beneficial to one 's mental health and it can even help those who suffer from depression. Videogames, fun and educational tools of the electronic ages, have been the source of scrutiny for many years. Students who have gone into their schools with intent to or successfully injuring or murdering others, have more often than not, been linked to videogames.... [tags: Video game, Violence, Gameplay, Video game genres]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Advances in technology have forever changed the way that children play, communicate, and view the world. Have you ever told your child that it was time to turn the video game off, or to put away the cell phone only to receive agitation or depression. Does your child always think and talk about playing the game. Is your child irritable or depressed if forced to go without screen time. Research has shown that video games have the potential to create an addictive response similar to chemical dependency causing social, academic, and physical consequences (Rauh, 2014).... [tags: Video game, Addiction, Video game genres]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- Background Video games are electronic sports which involves user interface and user interactivity. They generate a visual response which helps to provide excitement and entertainment. Video games are played on computers, televisions, or any kind of device with a display screen. People play video games for fun and also because some games are more productive and useful. With growth in technology video games have become very popular in children. Those games can be informative and a brain-builder for children but at the same time it may be so violent that they not only become the reason for the children to be destructive but also vigorously increase anti-social behavior.... [tags: Video game, Video game controversy]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- The, Criminal Justice, And Equality, By George Cole, Christopher Smith And Christina Dejong
- Personal Statement : Personal Management Plan
- The And Other Scientists Believe That Homer 's Iliad
- A Speech On The Speech
- Symptoms And Symptoms Of Bipolar Disorder
- Questions On Parenting Style And The Parents Have A Great Communication System With Their Children Special Cade