Gamers, designers, developers, marketers, feminists, parents, researchers, government, media, and distributors would all stakeholders related to the gaming industry. The most impacted by the issue would be for the designers. If the gamers do not like the characters then unfortunately the designers must reconstruct their design quickly, if not, then the gamers will find another company to play with. Gamers are perhaps the most vital investors in the firm´s existence. Gamers are the ones that play video games, whether they buy it themselves or not. Gamers are the ones actually exposed to the substances exclusive in the game.
It is truly unethical to release a game that you know will not function just to gain more income. This act is not legal but this is a crime in terms of morals. This is similar to assisting a customer with their car, the battery is the clear issue that is causing the car to not to operate but instead you insist that the alternator is the problem. This is causing the customer to be confused into spending money not needed to fix the problem just for the mechanic to gain more income. On the other hand, the purpose of business is to gain more revenue by selling the consumer products and services. If the customer buys the product this is the choice of the consumer not the company so, it is up to the consumer to be aware of the tricks of the industries and be a smart buyer.
This action is very important and sufficient to the consumer. If you make an accident at work it is your job to try to fix it. Similarly if you create a damage game hopefully the moral of the company kicks in and try to create a remedy for the customers who suffered. More importantly, if the customer is not happy you are out of business so,...
... middle of paper ...
...onsumer for a higher price. Although businesses usually say that their main goal is to provide customer satisfaction, probably their main goal is to make money. For instance, if customers could not provide any money to the business the companies will not consider the customer with high value like they do today. So if the companies could create a product that a consumer will buy whether it is defective or not, then they will. This situation, increases steadily in the technology sector with software that is bought at a high price and does not perform at this the level it should. For example, the Kerberos number generator that was created in 1988 failed because the developers did not properly seed the program random number generator with a random seed, which for 8 years allowed the possibility of breaking easily into any computer that contains this security software.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Throughout time, technological tools have been created and improved for the well-being of humans. From the discovery of fire to having robots educate children, all inventions influence and impact the way we live in a society. Another instrument which will soon remodel the gaming industry and our lifestyle is the Oculus Rift. According to Chacos, Edge-Salois, Hamdan, Luckerson and Trivedi, there is research to prove that the Oculus Rift is a device that will revolutionize the gaming industry and the real world.... [tags: Technological Tools, Advancements, Gaming Industry]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- In the 1980’s video games became vastly popular and its market boomed. Since this time the market has continued to grow, making it one of the most popular forms of entertainment in the modern day. There has been much speculation on the effects that both games and gaming have had on society as a whole. Games were first invented in the late 1940’s being found on mainframe computers. The first commercially viable game was computer space in 1971 a coin operated arcade version of an earlier game called Spacewar.... [tags: Gaming]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- Every gaming device has a unique feature that attracts a certain group of gamers. Those who prefer social play and value convenience will choose a console, while the gamers who like better performance and graphics will continue to use their computers. Neither system is better, but it depends on the preferences of gamers. Half of gamers prefer to play video games on computers and the other half choose gaming consoles over their personal computers. Today, it is the biggest subject of dispute between all gamers.... [tags: Video game console, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- Today it is all about the latest and greatest. Then again, who does not want the latest version of some fantastical gadget that you have to have “now”. In the twenty-first century, technology has been shoved into the pool of international application and without floaties has swam through it with flying colors. Technology has shaped the way the world runs today; from airports to enterprises, big companies and even education have all been radically changed by the emergence of successful technology.... [tags: Gaming]
1959 words (5.6 pages)
- Call of Duty, also known as “Cod” has, as many know it as, has become one of todays most popular video games. So popular, that Cod has raked in more money than the highest grossing movie in America. However, despite it’s popularity, Cod is killing the gaming industry. Many may be puzzled why a game so popular could possibly be ruining the gaming industry, but it is. Cod is affecting the gaming industry through it’s popularity and influence. First however, One must know the reasons for Call of Duties popularity and how it achieved it’s fame.... [tags: CoD, video games, popularity, FPS]
2312 words (6.6 pages)
- Understand the impact of the gaming revolution on societyGames in society Games have come a long way since the first commercially available game in 1972(pong). Back then they were just a few pixels on a screen; they were built with the sole purpose of entertaining people. But games have come a long way since then; this is because hardware today is capable of allowing games developers to create almost photo-realistic worlds. I think that games today can have affect people to a greater extent than ever before because it is easier to relate to something that looks like real life as opposed to blocky low resolution games of the 70 's.... [tags: Video game, Video game industry, Game]
1438 words (4.1 pages)
- Within this assignment I will describe the impact on computer games on society. Over the past twenty year, the influence of gaming development has both negative and positive effects on society. One of the impacts which affect the society is that the games will continue to develop and grown for the users to continue to pay and play the games which are released. For example, gaming hardware has to consistently grow and change for the direct effect on the users. This also has an impact on the gaming industry because the change in the technology.... [tags: Game, Play, Video game, Games]
1589 words (4.5 pages)
- Violent video games and violent adolescent behavior, is there a connection. Millions of violent video games are sold around the United States, millions more are sold overseas, but the numbers of violent crimes, that could be associated with violent video games is low. Assault, robbery, burglary, rape and murder occur daily. The drug industry accounts for the majority of these crimes. The cases not related to drugs, fall into a number of categories, including Psychological Disorders. Disorders that can cause violent behavior are psychotic or anti-social behavior, depression, schizophrenia, delusion, disassociation, and any others recognized by a Psychologist.... [tags: Gaming ]
1976 words (5.6 pages)
- Video Games BANG. You fire another round into the horde of zombies’ lurching toward you, and reach for another clip. Then you realize that you’re out of ammo, and there’s still loads of rotting corpses walking right at you. You take out your handy combat knife and prepare for a fight. Of course, you’re not actually being attacked by zombies; you’re playing a video game. Video games are the world’s fastest growing industry, with a net worth of more than 30 billion dollars (“zdnet.com”). They are played by millions worldwide and have become a large part of contemporary society’s culture.... [tags: Games Gaming]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- With the constant advancements in technology, there are several achievements that have been realized. The advancements are categorized as per the industry that they fall in. There are several advancements that have been realized and achieved in the entertainment industry. Among the achievements include the development of the video games and the role-playing games (Prix Junior, 2006). The games developed were played electronically via the manipulation of images produced by a computer program on a display.... [tags: Gaming]
929 words (2.7 pages)