Solar chargers use solar energy from the sun to supply electricity to charge devices or batteries. A lot of research has gone into the area of solar charging in recent years and there are many types of solar powered chargers readily available on the market today. Some examples of types of solar chargers include:
• Small portable chargers which are designed to charge a variety of mobile phones, tablets or other portable audio equipment.
• There are fold out solar chargers available which can be connected to the cigar lighter in a car allowing the charger to charge the battery when the car is not in use.
• Some torches can be charged using solar power when it is combined with a secondary source of charge.
• One area of solar charging which is becoming bigger is the area of public solar charging. This is where solar chargers are placed in public locations to allow people to charge their electronic devices. One example of this is the strawberry tree in Serbia. 
Chargers which are on the market today use a wide variety of solar panels, from thin film pan...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. The first important project that I undertake in my university was to design a reliable solar charger. I designed and completed the project in the electronic engineering lab at the Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology. The project was a part of the course work that I needed to clear for Industrial Control Electronics subject. During my final year, I understood that I had to get hands on experience as an effective and well informed electronic engineer. The main aim of the project was to ensure that a solar charging circuit is designed, which is inexpensive and highly effective.... [tags: Photovoltaics, Solar energy]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- “In Table 1 basic criterion are collected to get a better overview of the main characteristics of each source. The overall status of solar energy is positive because of the high amount of energy available, variations of gained energy types and low impact on environment. Very important, in this case, is the establishment in small scale, in means of good possibilities to use this source for personal use. The price factor shows the average situation now, but it is variable with the tendency to decrease for most of the sources with the lapse of time.... [tags: Solar cell, Photovoltaics, Solar energy]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Solar energy is solar radiation or sunlight that’s given off by the sun. Alexandre Edmond Becquerel discovered the photovoltaic effect which is how electricity can be generated from sunlight, but the solar cell wasn 't invented until 1941 by Russell Ohl. which creates electricity or heat. Solar power cells convert solar radiation or sunlight into electricity, using the energy of photons to make an electric current within the solar panel. The electric current then flows out of the solar panel into an inverter that converts the DC power into an AC power, which is then used by the population.... [tags: Solar cell, Photovoltaics, Solar energy]
1058 words (3 pages)
- “I am between a rock and a hard place when it comes to solar power,” states Ted Hilmes, CEO of KAMO Power. “I love the idea of a clean source of energy that does not deplete the earth’s non-renewable resources, but I hate the fact that if solar power were to take over the electric game, KAMO would have to reevaluate how we make our income.” Hilmes shares this opinion with a substantial amount of other energy companies that utilize fossil fuels in order to carry out their day-to-day activities; however, the popularity of solar power is on the rise—whether electric companies are on board with the trend or not.... [tags: Clean Energy, Solar Panels]
1781 words (5.1 pages)
- World is moving fast towards rapid use of renewable energy source that will generate scarcity one day. On the other hand, solar energy is considered to be highly dependent renewable energy source which is not yet tapped very effectively. Solar energy can be utilized in multiple ways through either creating thermal energy or converting it into electrical energy. The solar power growth has witnessed significant presence since 2007 while moved from 3.1 (gigawatts PV manufacturing) in 2007 to 50 (gigawatts PV manufacturing) in 2014 (Chu, 2011).... [tags: Photovoltaics, Solar cell, Solar power]
1788 words (5.1 pages)
- Do you want your car to pick up speed faster. How about adding a turbo booster on that engine under your automobiles hood. A turbo charger is a very efficient way to gain power. To fully understand the function of this component, lets look at the physics behind it. The Ideal Gas model has much to do in turbo chargers. I will explain the theory and components like the compressor, turbine, intercooler, wastegate, and the BOV. Matter is assumed to be composed of an enormous number of very tiny particles which are indestructible.... [tags: Turbo Chargers Engines Essays]
1377 words (3.9 pages)
- ... In jobs and in workplaces also they are not being treated well. It is also encouraging crimes in these countries. When someone doesn’t give you your rights and you are not being treated equally you will also try to do negative things to them. These castes have created their own groups and sometimes they demand for separate states. Maoist’s problem is one of the major problems which India is facing and caste discrimination is one of the major factors which are responsible for these groups. Racial or Ethnic Discrimination This is most prevalent discrimination in today’s world.... [tags: effected, recommendations, behaviors, equal]
3428 words (9.8 pages)
- Ultrasonic sound- The PING))) ultrasonic sensors operate using ultrasonic sound. The sensor emits an ultrasonic chip, which is reflected off of and object. The sensor times how long it takes for the sensor to emit the chirp, and have it received off the object as an echo. Using the equation of the speed of sound in air, the sensor monitors distance. The sensor operates using a 40kHz chirp. This frequency falls in the sound range commonly used by animals for communication. Frequencies that are much higher, for example 1-20 mHz are used more commonly for medical imaging.... [tags: Various]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- Solar energy can be used in different ways during the construction of houses in order to conserve energy. Solar energy comes as a gift of nature and this makes it even more economical to use in our buildings. It is not only free but unlike other sources of energy; it also limits the amount of pollution caused to the environment. When building our houses the goal according to David Johnston and Scott Gibson is to create a house that consumes at least fifty-two percent less energy than one built conventionally with a corresponding reduction in the heating and the cooling cost.(Johnston, Gibson 252)This can be done through use of solar panels, solar water systems and photovoltaic.... [tags: Environment, Solar Panels, Solar Water Systems]
1511 words (4.3 pages)
- Solar Energy What do the bubonic plague in the 14th century, the influenza epidemic of the early 20th century and the spread of HIV/AIDS in the late 20th and early 21st centuries have in common. One answer, according to Joel B. Stronberg author of the American Solar Energy Society’s “Common Sense,” is that they have all been called pandemics. According to Merriam-Webster.com, a pandemic occurs over a wide geographic distribution and affects “an exceptionally high proportion of the population.” Joel B.... [tags: Solar Energy Resources Essays]
902 words (2.6 pages)