What is value of life? Is it be able to do what you love? Or perhaps the freedom of been able to be who you want to be? No one knows exactly the value of life but many have some theories behind the meaning of life. There’s many ways we as humans value life like; enjoying the tiniest thing in this world, celebrate when a new life is conceived or maybe just be with your love ones. As life is growing and bringing joy sometimes it can be complicated and painful.
As the future generation, we have new advances on how this world will work, new technology, new ideas, new inventions are created everyday, but us, human, we forget what we should value more: life. This generation 's forgets what being alive means, what the meaning of just having a good laugh means. Yes, life is complicated -who say it wasn 't- whether debating whether that person lives or dies or how much it worth it, it just something as human, it can be a complicated decision, but it something we can 't stop.
In the article “What is a Life Worth” by Feinberg speech, based on how the government compensate families of 9/11. He explains the statistics behind the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund and how it was used. During his speech he quote on how many families of the victims were giving money as a compensation of the attacks of 9/11 but what got my attention on how only 9 out 94, families did not sue or fund because “they were paralyzed from grief.” This quote develops a deep thought on how only 9 families did nothing, 9 families still couldn 't accept their love ones are gone. This gives the reader a feeling of sadness of how people can still accept money from the government from the lives of their deceased love ones yet other still...
... middle of paper ...
... like i do or even have freedom like do.
This important because, we all have a life, wether your a students, a teacher, a doctor, we should all value each other and life equal. Our society of today doesn 't see what they have until they lose it. Thanks to the new technology, many people lose interest on just having a normal conversation or going to the park to play. When cruising down the road feeling the cool air and enjoying on how the sky can paint beautiful colors, we should value it, nor the technology will ever give you this experience again. Yes, we do have challenges in our paths of our lives but that 's what make life interesting, if we have the same thing life would be just a boring thing.We value life everyday, by doing something everyday because we only have one life and we should enjoy it, just like Jobs said “Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What is the value of a life. Mankind has come up with countless answers. Though the values may vary, most answers have one aspect in common: they agree life has value. Life is potential, within it lies a world of possibilities, possibilities worth protecting, potential worth fighting for. However, if youth smoking continues at its current rate, 5.6 million Americans under the age of 18 today will die premature deaths at the hands of smoking related illnesses (Smoking and Tobacco...). Though this number may be better than it was in the past, teenage tobacco use remains a danger to the future of today 's youth.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Cigarette, Smoking]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- Value of life The life given by god has a very special meaning a value in which people sometimes forget to thank or either regret. Many students/adults believe that they are going to be popular if they have money and a good job buy forget that people are influenced by those who have learned something. Also a lot fail to remember, to earn value you must earn it.In today’s economy the government creates a value on the person by looking at the position they are held for. If you look at it from the society’s point of view they believe people should be given value according to what they do and what position they are.... [tags: Equality, Accomplishments, Society]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- Determining the Value of Life It is better for a person to focus on their happiness and family and not just wo¬rking all day long. When people focus with work they do not realize that their lives are passing by without even them noticing it. Being successful and continuing the business of a craftsman in his family that has reached the fifth generation is impressive. Thus, his working all day and making a lot of money, he still enjoys the life that he has with his family and friends outside of his working environment.... [tags: Meaning of life, Personal life, Life, Happiness]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Should people put the value of life into monetary value or should life be kept solely as an emotional quantity. People and societies throughout the ages have been trying to answer the problem of putting the value of life into terms of dollar bills. The ancient Egyptians buried their dead with all of their worldly belongings. They believed a person’s monetary worth on Earth was over, and they should take all of that earthly worth with them to the afterlife. Modern day Americans are different from the Egyptians.... [tags: Current Issues]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- For ages, humanity has wrestled with the idea of life, along with one’s privileges and rights. Through old and ancient civilizations humanity has learned to create and maintain an perfect utopia. But even to the most advanced civilizations that we have encountered, how much do they think we are worth. Could they even begin to express the value behind a person and his/her life. How would it be measured. Would humans be priced by the elements they’re composed of. Would it be measured by a person’s health and life expectancy.... [tags: humanity, society, money, worth]
922 words (2.6 pages)
- Value on a human life Is it possible for a person to be worth more than another just because of different lifestyles. Society seems to think so. An individual usually values life as a time to cherish moments with loved ones. People also value life with sympathy, making sure that lessons are learned after mistakes, and always moving forward, never looking back. However, society sees it in a whole different perspective. Society values life in a logical and financial way. People will always different opinions about valuing life, some agreeable and some disagreeable.... [tags: lifestyle, essay, athlets]
1424 words (4.1 pages)
- How Do We Value Life. The value of life is a very controversial topic. It has been brought up many times throughout history in interviews, poem, stories, and even class. Many people have different opinions on what the value of life is and what it is worth. Unfortunately there is no denotative definition. It is connotative, which can only be defined through personal experiences and beliefs. Many highly intelligent people have different views on the value of life and express it in whatever way they can.... [tags: Meaning of life, Life, Death, Suicide]
1125 words (3.2 pages)
- Jupiter learns that her previous incarnation had been killed and she was the mother of three children, all of whom have begun fighting over her possessions. She meets Kalique, the first of the three siblings. Kalique places her own beauty above all and, to Jupiter’s horror, does not care for the cost of the serum. She also expresses her wish to help Jupiter regain her title as the head of the Abrasax, but only because it decreases her other siblings’ power and value and in doing so, increases her own.... [tags: Human, Morality, Earth, Capital accumulation]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- The word abortion means the induced removal of a fetus from the womb before it is able to survive independently. Abortions are legal, which has been the case for many years, but they are very unethical. Women believe there are many reasons to abort such as rape, fear of raising a child, or not having enough money to take care of a child. Whatever the situation, there is never a suitable reason to get an abortion. Some important reasons why women should not abort have to deal with values of conscience, human morals, as well as health issues.... [tags: Abortion, argumentative, persuasive ]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Human life is full of meaning. As humans, we assign value to many things. However, what happens when we assign a specific value to a human life. This is the issue being presented in the article, “What is a Life Worth,” by Amanda Ripley. The government is determining a monetary value to a human life, and it does not appeal to the masses. There are many problems with the cold calculation, and most people cannot see the other side of the numbers. The economic value of a human life is calculated based on the income the person was receiving, but when the check is given to a loved one of a small amount, the compensation is misinterpreted as an overall value of the human life.... [tags: Art Analysis ]
909 words (2.6 pages)