1. What is the value of having good time and cost management plans when undertaking project execution?
Project time management includes some processes to ensure project finalising on time. There are seven processes in project time management: plan schedule management, define activities, sequence activities, estimate activity resources, estimate activity durations, develop schedule and control schedule (PMBOK, 2013). This indicates a good time management plan is on top priority when executing a project, because project is the combination of variety of processes. When each process interacts with others organically the project could be processed well. Time management plan for project is to pre-regulate, identify and analyse each process of the project, in order to make the project goes on systematically.
Project cost management includes some processes that make the project completed behind the budget and the processes involves in making plan, estimating, making budget, financing, funding, managing and controlling costs. The project cost management processes include plan cost Management, estimate costs, determine budget and control costs (PMBOK, 2013). In a project plan, cost plan is always as significant as time plan. The processes listed above not only interact with each other, but also mutually affect. Usually, in small scope projects, the link between cost estimating and budgeting is very strong, which can be regarded as the same process. In the beginning of the project, the influence to the cost is greatest.
2. Identify at least six tools / techniques (3 each for Time and cost management) that you would use for managing and controlling Time and Costs in the project and describe why you cons...
... middle of paper ...
...ause analysis, forecasting methods, failure mode and effect analysis, fault tree analysis, reserve analysis, trend analysis, earned value management and variance analysis.
Project managers meet regularly to share their point of views.
Build up project management information system.
1. APM1 Student PowerPoint Notes, [cited Feb. 2015]
2. The Project Management Steps, 2014, “Monitoring & Controlling”, [cited Feb. 2015]
3. Project Management Institude 2013, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: (PMBOK guide), 5th edn, Project Management Institude, Inc Newtown Square, Pa.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Project management is a study of management that deals with selecting the project, project planning, selecting the project manager and project team, project budgeting, project execution, control and also project termination to achieve the desired goal and at the same time meeting project success factor. Simultaneous running of numerous number of project is also an important aspect of project management. A project is considered as a temporary attempt to produce a unique product, service or result, with a defined beginning and end typically to bring about the change or add value.... [tags: Project management, Management, Risk management]
1882 words (5.4 pages)
- When you are selected to be in charge of any situation the responsibility of accomplishment or disappointment falls onto you. Once you are placed in a management role of a project you must be able to lead individuals effectively and efficiently in order to reach the expected conclusion of projects placed upon you. The success of a project manager can be broken down into specific roles and responsibility. A successful project manager must understand the concept of the project as well as be a leader, a coordinator, a motivator, and a communicator to the client and his or her fellow team members.... [tags: Project management, Management, Project manager]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- Any project when you are starting you should have a good planning and time which are critical measures for a successful project. When we accept the project we need to stick to the price and the deadline. Once we have all the resources and requirements then the client will know when to start the project then we will have a brief discussion about scope of the project with the team members and we have discovery section in this section we will be discussing about the requirements as we know the scope of the project.... [tags: Project management, Management, Planning]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- PART: 2 ---- REFLECTION Performance :- Where Strong and where to Improve as a Project Manager. From the thoroughly reading of the five literature, I investigate that there are some common roles such as decision making, motivation, leadership, monitoring and processes as initiation, planning, execution, controlling, closing that is presented by few literatures. Nevertheless, the rest of literatures define the different roles like liaison role , businessman role, conflict controlling role and different processes as building WBS, Project resources, managing project resources.... [tags: Project management, Construction]
1451 words (4.1 pages)
- Do we need certification in project management. How many certifications are there and which one is the best among them. Is it worth the time and effort. Why is it worth or why not. Answers to these questions are the main focus of this paper. The requirement for project management is real and companies acknowledge it. Many new projects are underway in various organizations. It can be a new product that a company wants to release into the market before the competitors or technical expertise outsourced to another company.... [tags: Project management]
1057 words (3 pages)
- ... The ability to use technology for gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data should provide more opportunities for improvement of the processes and techniques involved in managing projects When deciding to purchase a project management software there are many elements to consider. Consider the software does it have the capacity and capabilities that you are looking for, is it relevant to your business and projects; determine your business requirements. “Create a table or spreadsheet with each vendor and rows for each question, summarizing the responses”.... [tags: project management success]
1057 words (3 pages)
- Stakeholder involvement is an important component of ensuring project success (Allen, McLees, Richardson, Waterford, 2015; Poplawska, Labib, Reed, & Ishizaka, 2015; Widen, Olander, & Atkin, 2014). However, stakeholders are not consistently and appropriately engaged in the project management processes in the aerospace industry (Lucae et al., 2014; Susser, 2012). Stakeholders should be involved with project planning, project execution, and assessing the readiness of technology (Government Accountability Office, 2010; Oehmen et al., 2011; Fageha, & Aibinu, 2013).... [tags: Project management, Management, Stakeholder]
1558 words (4.5 pages)
Performance Driven Project Co Ordinator, Administrator, With Broad Commercial Exposure And Extensive Administrative Skills
- A results focused and performance driven project co-ordinator and administrator, with broad commercial exposure and extensive administrative skills. Key contributor to improving processes, providing valuable insight and knowledge in setting up new projects from scratch. Skilled multi-tasker who is able to manage and coordinate requirements across multiple concurrently running projects. Inspirational and energetic, with excellent communication skills. Excellent client management skills, having supported many front line business development and consulted directly with clients.... [tags: Management, Project management, Project]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Project management synergy beyond traditional processes Abstract Project Management - The term that dictates the future of a project. A successful project owes all its credits to the Project Management and the evidence is obvious when the service (result of the project) meets all its expectations. Yet we have witnessed several projects failing even after having a plan in place, following the plan and meeting all the requirements. Why have these projects failed and what more is critical to the success of the project.... [tags: Project Management]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Currently, Verizon Wireless has two major billing systems: I2K and VISION. In accordance with the strategic goals of the company and taking into consideration the corporate vision and credo, the executive management decided that having one billing system would be congruent with the objectives of the organization as a whole and the IT group in particular. After several months of deliberation, using techniques such as brainstorming, receiving expert opinions of SME (Subject Matter Experts) and taking into consideration the Payback period and ROI (Return on Investment) it was decided that the I2K customers would be converted into the VISION billing system.... [tags: IT Project Management Software]
1926 words (5.5 pages)
- The Healthcare System And The Netherlands
- The True Meaning Of Self Reliance
- President Andrew Jackson : Indian Removal Act
- The Super Bowl Commercial : A Little Girl Who Is No Longer Made Up Of The Standard American Culture
- Humanism During The Renaissance Era
- The Relationship Between Physical Activity And Sleep Quality