• Facial, chest and neck redness
• Face veins (telangiectasias)
• Hemangiomas (small and large red bumps or growths)
• Vascular lesions
• Red birth marks (port wine stains)
Working of V beam laser:
The V beam laser utilizes an intense light burst that targets the blood vessels which turn the scars red or pink. The laser destroys the targeted blood vessels in the area of treatment without affecting the surrounding tissue. Each of the laser pulses lasts only for a fraction of second, so the heat is not radiated to the surrounding skin. The laser energy penetrates your skin and is absorbed by the pigment in the blood vessels of your scar.
V beam laser treatment stimulates the formation of collagen and gives you a healthier and younger look. It can also fight against the acne causing bacteria and results in reduced acne breakouts. It is advisable not to use any anesthetic or numbing gel as the treatment can be well tolerated without such gels. The feeling can be described as a slightly stinging sensation or as being snapped by a rubber band. A feel of warmth or a slightly stinging sensation can be felt in the treated area following the treatment.
Who can be benefited with the V-beam laser?
Deciding whether V beam laser is suitable for you depends mostly on the type of scar you are willing to treat. The improvement after the treatment depends on the severity and type of scar. Moderate or mild scars can be treated effectively and they become almost unnoticeable. The severe scars are also reduced but it...
... middle of paper ...
...ss. This typically vanishes within a few hours.
Cold compresses can be used by the patients undergoing the treatment during 24 hours following the treatment. This helps to counteract swelling. Some skin clinics recommend the use of vitamin K cream and taking Arnica montana tablets. Arnica and vitamin-K accelerate the healing process. These medications are easily available on the health stores.
People who have undergone the treatment, should not use scrubs or other products containing abrasive material. You should moisturize the skin and use a gentle cleanser twice a day. Using retinoids should be avoided for two nights following the treatment.
It is advisable to avoid sun exposure before and during the V-beam laser treatment. Using a sun block of SPF 30 or higher is recommended. The sunscreen must be able to block both the UVA and UVB rays.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Laser Before we can learn about the laser we need to know a little bit about light (since that is what a laser is made of). Light from our sun, or from an electric bulb, is called white light. It is really a mixture of all the different colours of light. The colours range from violet, indigo, and blue, to green, yellow, orange, and red. These make up the visible part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Light is made up of particles, called PHOTONS, which travel in waves. The difference in the colour depends on the wavelength of the light.... [tags: essays research papers]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- Laser is an acronym used for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. Laser treatment is a procedure used to cure skin problems with a strong beam of light. Experienced cosmetologists and dermatologists use this new technology to cure many ailments. Side effects of laser treatment: Several side effects can be experienced with acne blemish laser treatment like irritation, redness and swelling on the affected areas. These side effects persist only for a few hours or a day. In certain cases of laser therapy that cures the pimple scars can lead to pigmentation changes.... [tags: Medical Science]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- As we age, we develop wrinkles and fine lines on our face due to the repetitive movements of the facial muscle. Other factors like diet, exposure to sun and smoking can also affect your skin. Laser resurfacing treatment is a good option for treating the various skin problems including scars, age spots, wrinkles, brown discoloration, some types of acne scarring and stretch marks. The skin color, extent of damage and age are the factors that determine whether laser resurfacing treatment is appropriate for you.... [tags: Medical Science]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- Laser Laser, pronounced LAY zuhr, is a device that produces a very narrow, powerful beam of light. Some beams are thin enough to drill 200 holes on a spot as tiny as the head of a pin. The ability to focus laser light so precisely makes it extremely powerful. For example, some beams can pierce a diamond, the hardest natural substance. Others can trigger a small nuclear reaction. A laser beam also can be transmitted over long distances with no loss of power. Some beams have reached the moon. The special qualities of laser light make it ideal for a variety of applications.... [tags: Papers]
485 words (1.4 pages)
- Laser Technology Abstract: A laser is a electron device that produces a very narrow, powerful beam of light. The essential components of a laser include an active medium, an energy source, and an optical cavity. The optical cavity itself is enclosed by the resonator which has a mirror at each end. The energy that is put into the laser causes the atoms of the active medium to be excited to a higher energy level. When these atoms relax back down to their ground level they emit photons, which is part of a chain reaction that may cause other atoms to go through the same energy transitions resulting in light that becomes so intense that part of it exits through one of the mirrors a... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- LASER-PLASMA INTARECTION With the development of the technology of laser enabled the experiments using laser pulse with a high intensity of the order 〖10〗^22 W/〖cm〗^2. So now it brings the possibility of study the parameters of plasma as well as the atoms. The study related to the laser-plasma interaction involves the self-focusing, which is a very important factor to consider. Because the intensity of such a huge order came from it and high power laser and its applications, harmonic generation, X-ray generation, various laser plasma accelerator are depend upon it.... [tags: self focusing, harmonic generation]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- MALDI imaging uses matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization as a mass spectrometry imaging technique. The biological specimens are mixed with a matrix solution on a planar surface. This matrix is a small organic molecule that has strong absorbance at the laser wavelength and is highly sublimable .The matrix solution is used to extract the analytes from the specimen and increase ionization. A laser is used over a certain area to acquire the complete mass spectrum from each x, y coordinate. Further analytical steps involve visualization of a single molecule or database searching to identify the sample.27 Key sample preparation steps for MALDI MSI are sample handling (including procurement,... [tags: imaging technic, biological specimens]
520 words (1.5 pages)
- Laser surgery Lasers (The word laser is an acronym for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation.) lasers were first introduced in 1960, The first successfully optical laser constructed by Maiman (1960), was a ruby crystal surrounded by a helicoilal flash tube enclosed within a polished aluminum cylindrical cavity cooled by forced air. The ruby cylinder forms a Fabry-Perot cavity by optically polishing the ends to be parallel to within a third of a wavelength of light. Each end was coated with evaporated silver; one end was made less reflective to allow some radiation to escape as a beam was produced.... [tags: Health Medicine Medical Essays]
1741 words (5 pages)
- The laser is a device that a beam of light that is both scientifically and practically of great use because it is coherent light. The beam is produced by a process known as stimulated emission, and the word "laser" is an acronym for the phrase "light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation." Light is just like radio waves in the way that it can also carry information. The information is encoded in the beam as variations in the frequency or shape of the light wave.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- An aeroplane flies about 400-500 metres above the water at a speed of approximately 60 - 70 m/s. Then the aircraft will send out a pulse which is moderately reflected off the surface of the water and moderately broadcasted into the water and reflected off the oceans floor, as a result two pulses are sent back to the aircraft. The pulse which was reflected of the surface of the water is a red beam (infrared) which measures the aircraft height above the water and is directed vertically downward. The beam which reflects off the seabed is a green colour and is examined over a semicircle of +/ -15 degrees to the planes bearing and pulsates at approx 160 pulses per second.... [tags: essays research papers]
548 words (1.6 pages)