El Capitan Oracle Linux 7
What is the initial cost of the operating system per computer? $120 Free, with buying the computer Free
What are the memory and storage requirements? The minimum amount of installed RAM has to be at least 1 GB for the 32-bit Windows 10 and 2 GB for the 64-bit version. Up to 32GB memory
2TB Storage Minimum is 1GB of memory space
Will the operating system require the company to purchase new computers? Yes, because if we don’t there will be too many complications on the Windows XP. Yes, because OS X only runs on Apple products, and isn’t compatible with other computers. Therefore, one will need to acquire an iMac computer. The operating system will not require us to buy new computers but we must download Linux applications.
Are training costs involved? No Yes
Which operating system is best at avoiding viruses, spam, and spyware? 2 OS X is e...
... middle of paper ...
... inferior at avoiding viruses. Even though, Linux has a built in virus protection, the program itself cannot compare to Windows and Mac and is not up to our standards. Linux is not the easiest to use due to the fact that it is not very popular and most people are more familiar with Mac and Windows. The latest version of Microsoft Office will not be compatible with Oracle Linux, however, it is compatible with “Office Web Apps and is officially supported by Linux (Office).”
After learning and researching these three operating systems the company has decided to go with Windows 10. We have made this choice because many know the Windows 10 operating system so it would save us money on having to train them. Also going with the windows 10 allows us to choose from a variety of computer types, whether we would like to go with Hewlett-Packard, Dell, etc.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Characteristics of an Operating System: Multi-User: A Multi-User is two or more users that have individual accounts that allow them to work with programs and peripheral devices at the same time. Multitasking: Multitasking is when a computer is able to run more than one application at the same time, for example have Microsoft Word and Internet open at the same time. Multiprocessing: Multiprocessing is when an Operating System can support multiple Computer Processing Units (CPU’s) Multithreading: Multithreading is when a program can complete multiple tasks at the same time.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft]
1410 words (4 pages)
- 1 System Software: The system software is installed on your device when you installed your current operating system. You can update the software by running programs such as "Windows Update" for Windows or "Software Update" for Mac OS X. Unlike application programs, however, system software is not meant to be run by the end user. For example, while you might use your Web browser every day, you probably have nothing to make much use of an assembler program (unless, of course, you are a computer programmer).... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft, Microsoft Windows]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Computer technicians are often faced with problem systems that they can’t access physically. Using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) a technician can access another computer on a network. Windows has built in features called remote desktop connection, and Windows remote assistance. Remote desktop connection is the program that a technician would use to connect to another host computer. Windows Remote assistance might be used by someone seeking help. The two programs work together with remote assistance.... [tags: Windows Vista, Operating system]
1142 words (3.3 pages)
- Our company, Soap-n-Suds, is planning to upgrade the Windows operating systems that we currently use on all 5,000 desktop computers to a more advanced version. At present, we are using an early version of this Microsoft operating system on all desktop computers used by Soap-n-Suds employees. If possible, our company will also strive to update our desktop computers as well as the Microsoft software that will be put on it. The vice-president of information technology has asked us, the hired analysts, to compare and contrast the latest versions of the Windows operating system, the Mac operating system, and the Linux operating system.... [tags: Operating system, Apple Inc., Microsoft Windows]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- Windows XP / Linux Operating Systems The Linux system has an interesting history as it was originated by a college student as a hobby. According to the web site linux.org (“What is Linux,”2007) Linux is an operating system that was initially created as a hobby by a young student, Linus Torvalds, at the University of Helsinki in Finland. Linus had an interest in Minix, a small UNIX system, and decided to develop a system that exceeded the Minix standards”.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft Windows, File system]
1542 words (4.4 pages)
- Introduction “An operating system (OS) is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs. The operating system is a component of the system software in a computer system. Application programs usually require an operating system to function” ("Operating System"). The operating system is the central program on any computer. The operating systems is essential because it runs the other programs and applications. “Operating systems perform basic tasks, such as recognizing input from the keyboard, sending output to the display screen, keeping track of files and directories on the disk, and controlling peripheral devices such... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft]
1617 words (4.6 pages)
- Computers used in businesses have become a vital necessity to be able to retrieve, process, and transmit data that contain information of all types at very high speed. In addition, computers can help make workflow more efficient for companies by giving reliable service to clients and exchanging services to promote their business. However, there are a lot of outside and inside threats that are created by malicious users. The creations made by a malicious user are meant to be used to cause harm in a business.... [tags: Windows Server 2008, Operating system, Novell]
1241 words (3.5 pages)
- While researching, I discovered many differing options when attempting to ascertain the most secure operating system on the market. Nonetheless, I was able to prepare a cursory list which includes Open BSD, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, Windows XP, HP-UX 11, Solaris, and Windows 8. Each OS strives to ensure that it is secure while still maintaining availability to the user. This is done by using common security design and architecture strategies which include kernel encapsulation and abstraction, buffer overflow management, application isolation, cryptography, and the methods used for data manipulation (Kohcer, Lee, McGraw, & Raghunthan, 2004).... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- ANANTH SAI KRISHNA BATTINENI BELLEVUE UNIVERSITY CIS612-T202 – COMPUTER PLATFORMS AND NETWORKING ASSIGNMENT 8.1 Principles Underlying Operating System: An Operating System (OS) is a manager which manages hardware and software components and makes them usable to the end user. There are many operating systems available to use such as Windows, Android, Linux and Apple OS. All operating systems(OS) are designed with some fundamental principles keeping in mind.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft Windows]
1600 words (4.6 pages)
- Introduction Central Carolina Community College has different versions of Microsoft programs and Microsoft Operating System in their computers. Having different programs and operating systems affect students, faculty and staff in their work. If a person does a job using a Microsoft 2013 product and then use a computer that has Microsoft 2010 on it, it will affect their work to the point that they might have to start doing the job all over again. This will provoke the person to become frustrated but most importantly, the person will be taking longer to complete the work.... [tags: Microsoft, Operating system, Microsoft Windows]
1002 words (2.9 pages)