SideChef was inspired by Kevin Yu after unsuccessfully attempting to making a palatable Valentine’s Day dinner for his girlfriend. He then realized that this special dinner would be possible only if he had a GPS cooking companion that showed him the recipe and a visual step-by-step preparation to complete the dish. Since there were no applications at the time that did this, Mr. Yu created SideChef as the ultimate cooking companion. In this application, recipes are included for anyone, no matter what skill level or cooking desire the person may have.
Although I would consider myself as an intermediate cooker, I gained plenty of useful information while using SideChef. As soon as I opened the application, I was pleased with the highly upscale yet user-friendly interface. The first thing that I noticed on the app was the “Explore” tap that had of list food options to choose from. Once a food item was selected, information regarding it was given. The information ranged from the seasonality of the food item, how to properly select and store it, cooking tips, clever uses, health benefits, food science, and related ingredients. I enjoyed having this available to me as it helped when I later used recipes involving some ingredients like avocado and squash, which were unfamiliar to me.
Besides this, SideChef g...
... middle of paper ...
...filtering recipes catered towards my dietary requirements. Lastly, if I accidently exit out of the application, SideChef’s tracking feature allows me to resume on the recipe that I may be working on without having to scroll through my saved list.
Discovering SideChef was a blessing as I am trying to change my eating habits to healthier options. As a college student, it is hard to maintain eating well balanced meals as the cost of food is rising along with the time demands of being a full-time student. I do not have the time to spend hours planning and prepping for meals that have lengthy recipes. However, with the option to cook meals under 30 minutes, SideChef has allowed cooking balanced meals to fit perfectly into my busy schedule. I think that with continually use of this fantastic application, I can eventually meet my goal of eating balanced nutritious meals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Increase in the use of applications on mobile computing and also user needs like portable cell phones and devices will increase the need for the mobile wireless networks in the upcoming years. Cell Phone users will assume more bandwidth and less amount of delays in the cell phone network. All these expectations and assumptions will increase in the infrastructures of mobile industries which will eventually lead to the discharge or emission of carbon dioxide. We can say that by 2020, 181 Megatons of carbon dioxide is emitted by mobile networks, which is almost equal to triple.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Carbon dioxide]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- Mobile Application were designed to be used on smart phones, tablets and any other hand held devices. Mobile Applications have become such a viral thing in today’s century. Mobile Communication has integrated so much in our lives we almost feel incomplete if we were to leave our cell phones at home. When mobile apps were first created it were just the basic applications on your software such as, calculator, calendar and clock. The first cell phone manufactured was the Motorola Brick this phone was just a simple operating system whereas it was only use for calling and the only application was the contact list.... [tags: Operating Systems, Mobile Applications]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- The product that this company will be providing is a software application that can be placed on your mobile device in addition to being able to be accessed online. Users will download the application from our website directly allowing for them to select the application that fits their needs. For the first product line we will be targeting provincial meat processing plants. This product line will allow for the users to easily complete government required paperwork. There will be three versions of this software.... [tags: System software, Application software]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- associated with a closing, paperwork involved, and home inspections that usually occur during this process. The section involving homeowner expenses will touch on the cost of home ownership such as different forms of insurance, cost of taxes, and possible cost of replacing appliances. The application will also offer a question and answer section. This section will have frequently asked questions along with answers. This is an innovation because it supplies information on all the aspects that first time home buyers have questions regarding.... [tags: Mobile phone, Smartphone, IPhone]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- Mobile Clinic Application Physician Recruiter West Liberty Liaison St. Pat’s Liaison What has been your experience with Mobile Clinic so far? -Clinics volunteered at, specialized training, general impression, etc. Joining Mobile Clinic has been a great decision. I heard great things about the program through my first-year seminar, Journey to Medical School. I immediately wanted to become involved with the clinic and emailed the undergraduate liaison. During my orientation for Mobile Clinic, I learned a lot about the work that went into the clinics and knew that I wanted to be involved.... [tags: High school, Leadership, Mobile River, Feeling]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- It is unquestionable that texting while driving or using any mobile device for any reason especially for texting is a recipe for disaster. Being stuck behind a texter is a frustrating experience to say the least. They might cause you to stay an extra cycle at the light because they did not notice the light turning green. This can set off a driver and induce road rage and now there are multiple dangerous drivers on the road. If you text and drive your nit just a hazard at lights, texters swerve and cause accidents because their focus is not driving.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Amy Klobuchar]
1245 words (3.6 pages)
- Most people despise their wireless phone carriers; this particular observation is anything but a newsflash. Cellular customers complain about their wireless phones and devices daily without actually making a remote attempt to do a thing about it. The number one most common complaints about cell phones are that they have unbelievably ludicrous price tags. Every cell phone generation gets more “spectacular” and more expensive with each released model under not just one, but every wireless branch. A cell phone alone is pretty costly.... [tags: Mobile phone, Mobile network operator]
1470 words (4.2 pages)
- People using cell phones while operating a vehicle are a dangerous distraction. This distraction is as dangerous as other illegal actions behind the wheel. Laws need ban all cell phone use in vehicles to protect those behind the wheel and in the streets. People in today’s society are increasingly becoming addicted to their mobile devices and drivers are becoming more distracted than ever. Taking your eyes off the road puts an immediate danger to yourself, the passengers in your vehicle, as well as any bicyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians around you.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging]
1745 words (5 pages)
- Platforms consist of operating systems. A mobile operating system is the software that controls all basic operations. It allows for the installation and execution of apps. Operating systems often have toolkits that allow for the applications to communicate with each other. Android OS is the largest operating system. Android OS uses an open source operating system under Google. While the core operating system is open, other parts are licensed. An Android trademark cannot be used unless it is certified by Google against the Compatibility Definition Document (CDD) (Healey, 2014, Chapter 6, p.... [tags: Platforms, Operating Systems, software]
1719 words (4.9 pages)
- 2.1 Handheld Mobile Devices and Mobile Applications 2.1.1 Defining Handheld Mobile Devices The medium for mobile applications is a mobile device. While the functions of mobile devices vary, the key criteria such a device must fulfil is portability. To that extent, mobile devices have been described as ‘interactive wireless media’ (Haghirian and Madlberger 2005, 2). Mobile devices offer a range of capabilities, but essentially they allow access to data and information with the opportunity of being used in a variety of environments (ISACA 2010, 2).... [tags: Technology, Mobile Applications]
1354 words (3.9 pages)