Object orientated programming or OOP is a form of programming in which developers describe not just the type of data of a data arrangement, but the kinds of functions or operations as well that can be utilized to the exacting data arrangement within the construction. Procedural programming is a programming style where operations are written in order and called in other parts of the plan, in that a modification in programming to one operation affects any code that is called by that operation. Object oriented programming does not just protect data, but it makes it easier to work with and organized as well (Phillips, 2010). It is a lot simpler to operate with a self contained set of data. Object oriented programming also makes for several very important codes. It is a little like dividing a company into departments. You provide them a responsibility and the assets, and they will do the task, and the department will be accountable for all work connected to the resources.
When compared to procedural programming, object oriented programming also has these advantages:
• Object Oriented Programming offers a lucid modular arrangement for the program which makes it superior for defining conceptual data types where execution details are concealed, and the component has an evidently defined interface.
• Object Oriented Programming makes it simple to maintain and change existing codes as fresh objects can be formed with small diversities to existing ones.
• Object Oriented Programming offers a good structure for code libraries where abounding software elements can be simply modified and adapted by the programmer. This is mainly useful for building graphical user...
... middle of paper ...
... mouse is an event. When the Click incident happens, the program implements the code in the Sub procedure of the command click. Event driven programming has a number of advantages when compared to pure procedural programming. These advantages include:
• It permits for more interactive programs. Almost all contemporary graphical user interface programs make use of event driven programming.
• It can be executed using hardware disrupts, which will decrease the control used by the computer.
• It permits antennas and other hardware to simply interrelate with software.
Cezzar, R. (1995). A guide to programming languages: overview and comparison. Boston:
Farrell, J. (2014). Programming logic and design. Australia: Delmar.
Phillips, D. (2010). Python 3 Object oriented programming harness the power of Python 3 objects. Birmingham, U.K: Packt Pub.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Computer programming is the process of creating a set of instructions for the computer to follow in order to output the desired results (“What is programming”, n.d.). It is typically used to solve a problem of some type, such as how to allow customers to make purchases online. Two different methods of programming are structured and object-oriented programming. Each method has unique characteristics that make them more useful in solving certain types of problems. Structured programming, for instance, allows programmers to solve a smaller problem more quickly than object-oriented programming might allow, while object-oriented programming allows programmers to reuse their code for multiple prog... [tags: Programming language, Object-oriented programming]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- As a result of these problems, to achieve high levels of reuse in OOP, one is often forced to write very small classes, which leads to an explosion in the number of classes in a system. (Krubner 2014, 41) The irony of all of this is that programmers reuse code without OOP—often by simply copying and pasting. There 's no need to superimpose some elaborate structure of interacting, instantiated objects, with all the messaging and fragility that it introduces into a program. (Mansfield 2005, 1) 7. OOP IS MORE DIFFICULT TO LEARN OOP requires more discipline, management and training than classic software development does.... [tags: Object-oriented programming, Programming language]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- ASSIGNMENT -6 Designing Reusable classes Summary: This article was written by Ralph E.Johnson and Brian Foote which was discussed about the Designing of reusable classes and its importance in Object-Oriented programming languages and how can we make object oriented programming as reusable programming language. The initial part of the article discussed about the object oriented language attributes such as abstract classes, polymorphism and inheritance. This article will help us in understanding the importance of reusability concept in object oriented programming.... [tags: Object-oriented programming, Programming language]
1794 words (5.1 pages)
- Object Oriented Analysis Student Id: 700623304 Name: Nitin Kumar Reddy, Chinthaparthi Muduganti Summary: Different technologies and tools are used to develop the software or a product. Among which Object Orientation is considered to be very powerful and useful concept in software engineering. The reason behind increasing usage of object orientation is, it is very easy in terms of understanding. Many firms are looking to use this concept in building their software. Software associates involved with OOA are likely to construct the model based on the user requirements and the design which addresses the problem.... [tags: Object-oriented programming, Programming language]
1435 words (4.1 pages)
- This research paper was written by Natalia Juristo and Ana Maria Moreno who are from Universidad Politecnia de Madrid , Spain and Other author is Marta Lopez who is from Universidad de Coruna,Spain. Authors discussed on the Object oriented models importance in software development as well as their advantages. This article also discussed on how to overcome the limitation of Object Orientation. The main aim of this article is to explaining step by step process to develop object oriented model from given user specifications.... [tags: Object-oriented programming, Programming language]
1749 words (5 pages)
- 7. Conclusion 7.1 Appraisal: Java and the principles of object oriented programming language were taught through multiple modules, such as AC22004, Object Oriented Analysis and Design and AC11001, Introduction To Software Development. Although they went hand in hand, the former module focused on the different stages in the design process when programming in an object oriented language as well as the main principles of these languages. The latter was focused on Java, both theory and in practice (and thus also included the main principles of object oriented languages).... [tags: Object-oriented programming, Programming language]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- What is object-orientated programming. Object-orientated programming is methodology which is organized around objects and not actions. The perspective that this approach takes is that it is easier to compare objects. Object-orientated programming can be used in conjunction with UML, and within Object-orientated programming and there are various different methods. Object-orientated programming can be defined as constructing a model of a real world through combining data and actions. History of Object-orientated programming Object orientated programming first began in the 1960’s.... [tags: Object-oriented programming, Programming language]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- A. As the project leader I would utilize the task-oriented leadership approach. One of the main benefits of choosing this approach is due to the many different aspects needed to be successfully completed for this project. A project that entails research and development needs to incorporate an advanced detailed plan to ensure successful completion. I believe when leading a strong diverse team it is best to utilize each team members specialty. By assigning team members tasks in their respective fields it creates a productive working unit.... [tags: Leadership, Team, Chemical compound, Management]
774 words (2.2 pages)
- Silk & Soft Srl is a family-owned company whose field of activity is the catalog retail sales of silk textures including a home delivery service. Since it was found, in 2002, the company succeeded to form a network of devoted customers by constantly sending its product catalogues directly through mail and also offering highly qualitative materials imported mainly from Asian countries (China, India, Malaysia etc.). During the first year, the business has proved to be quite profitable because of the limited number of employees and the low level of competition on the silk textures market in Romania.... [tags: essays research papers]
688 words (2 pages)
- BSA400 – Week 3 Individual Paper University of Phoenix, Online Object Oriented Development When I first started learning how to write code, I had never heard the term “Object Oriented Development”, or even “Object Oriented Modeling.” I’m sure that some form of both of these existed, but they might not have been referred to in exactly those words. Fifteen years of coding later, I was finally indoctrinated in the ways of object oriented development. The first language that I learned to use was BASIC, which was very simple and easy to learn.... [tags: essays research papers]
733 words (2.1 pages)