Essay PreviewMore ↓
What are we going to do? It is a main topic of the chapter. The book shows us a few essays to relate to crisis. That is about the nature of crisis or college education or the relationship between two countries. They introduced to us why we have to use crisis for the argument, because it is one way to learn how to develop argument. When we get in the crisis situation, we can illustrate many different sides, and one of them will be most persuasive argument leads the direction of the argument.
Maybe we wondered what is the definition of a crisis? Wikipedia a free web encyclopedia describes them a turning point or decisive moment in events. Typically, it is the moment from which an illness may go on to death or recovery. it is a term meaning 'a testing time' or 'emergency event.'
Let¡¯s think about the crisis to relate in real world. What is the crisis in real world? Just think more deeply, we can notice everything that is arroud us can be crisis. For example, it can be a climate or water or trash problem etc. Also even though the developing communication technology, some expert still worrying about the sense of alienation between people furthermore
between nations. The concern occurred through the Iraq war.
2) Whether you agree with the argument
I totally agree that we are in the crisis whatever is. We can read that everyday through the newspaper, books and campaign. Furthermore, the movie show us the imagination situation, if we are doing nothing about relate to crisis. From the book, I want to focus the nature (land) of crisis, because that can be urgent in current more than any other crisis.
When I think about the word of ¡°crisis,¡± I always think about the water or climate crisis until read the essays; ¡°A Shock to the System,¡± and ¡°Big House in the Wilderness.¡± The authors of the essays are worrying about the relationship between animals and humans. They revealed their thought on the book; ¡°this essay is that it is an anti-big-house essay, because that destroy the place of animal¡¯s habitat and pollute the air and rivers at same time. (By Tracy Webster)
They believe that it is a fail system to allow builds big houses.
How to Cite this Page
"Using Crisis as a Tool for Argument." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Jul 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Ibelema's Identity Crisis and Wilson's Oppositional Dress In Minabrere Ibelema's essay "Identity Crisis", Ibelema suggests that the mainstream american culture is so powerful that all cultures conform to it. Ibelema does this by showing how the mass media portrays African Americans in relation to their cultural identity by using situation comedies as a measuring tool. Of the episodes Ibelema uses very few of them look at African Americans cultural identity. However, what they do is briefly address a cultural story line for one episode, but then revert back to the mainstream anglo programming.... [tags: Identity Oppositional]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- ... Furthermore, literature is believed to be the best model or medium to learn the target language and integrating literature in the language classroom can be very beneficial especially for the language learners (Adamson, 1989). It also provides a medium that can motivate language learning, develops empathy and promote creative and critical thinking skills among the language learners (Aly, 2003). Literary texts are also believed to be able to initiate and stimulate the language learners to actually learn and see the different aspects of culture and have a new insight about others and their uniqueness (Mills, 1997).... [tags: English significance as a communication tool]
1800 words (5.1 pages)
- The aim of this essay is to evaluate whether or not the game "SimCity" can be used as a successful learning tool and if students learn from this game. I am going to illustrate the potential for learning available within this game and what the game can teach students. I will study and analyse experiments that assess the idea of computer games as a learning tool and how “SimCity 2000” and "SimCity Creator" specifically has been used as a method of teaching. I will show how these two versions have been used differently as a learning tool.... [tags: educational games,simcity creator,learning tool]
1862 words (5.3 pages)
- Thomas Paine speaks in his Will of this work as The American Crisis, remembering possibly that a number of political pamphlets had came out in London, 1775-1776, under general title of “The Crisis." The English “Crisis” bears proof all over of having been written in London. It derived not anything from Paine, and he derived nothing from it, unless its title and this is too understandable for its source to require argument. There is no hesitation, on the other hand that the title was recommended by the English book, for the reason that Paine has pursued its method in bringing in a "Crisis Extraordinary." His work consists of thirteen numbers, and, in addition to these, a "Crisis Extraordinary... [tags: american crisis, thomas paine, kinsman]
680 words (1.9 pages)
- DNA is a double helix molecule that contains information that is used to make up a person’s body. DNA controls every aspect of a person’s body from their eye and hair color, height, and other features. DNA’s specific and unique characteristic can be crucial when solving a crime. DNA can be used to convict a suspect or exonerate an innocent person. When DNA is found it is even more important that is handle properly to ensure proper identification and accuracy of testing. The evolution of DNA technology is vital to the process of solving crimes, however the process by which DNA is found and handle can jeopardize its powerfulness.... [tags: DNA Investigative Tool]
2113 words (6 pages)
- For some schools, students take French classes or Spanish classes by using cellphones to call classmates and to speak with them in that language. Some schools do not allow phones during school for they have either banned or have limited the use of cellphone. http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/personal/2013/08/07/views-shift-on-cell-phones-in-schools/2607381/ Just about year beginning of school in fall, students would pack technologies in the backpacks like Ipads and IPhones. Using technology is not really new to the students because they grew up with them and everyday, use technologies.... [tags: technology, research, tool]
691 words (2 pages)
- If anyone has watched the news in the last year, I am sure they have heard something about Ukraine and Russia. This is not the first time these two countries have been in the news. According to a recent article about Ukraine’s history published by BBC News, Ukraine is a fairly new country. Ukraine was a part of Russia until the end 1991when Ukraine voted to become independent from Russia (“Ukraine Profile – Timeline”). This separation from Russia made Ukraine the second largest country in all of Europe (“Ukraine Profile – Overview”).... [tags: Ukraine Crisis Essays]
2614 words (7.5 pages)
- Richard Lowry has been the editor of National Review since 1997. He joined the magazine’s staff in 1992 after graduating from the University of Virginia, where he edited a conservative monthly magazine called the Virginia Advocate. In 1994, he moved to Washington, D.C. to cover Congress. At 33, Rich Lowry is not what most people expect of the editor of the National Review. Lowry is constantly taking readers by surprise, presenting them with his humor, his depth of knowledge and his enthusiasm.... [tags: Argument Analysis Legal Marijuana]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- Managing a Crisis Using Public Relations Handling Public Relations for any organization can be a very difficult task in any circumstance - even under simple, non-crisis situations. When a crisis strikes, that's when PR managers really have their work cut out for them. A PR manager must always be prepared for the inevitable crisis to happen because that is when their jobs are really tested by the public and the organization. American Wattage Corporation was planning to launch 'Greenergy' by Green Energy which focuses on creating a better solution to energy than electricity by using wind energy.... [tags: Business Management Studies PR Essays]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Argument I enjoyed writing this paper because I love to ski. This article and the next one are important to me because safety when I am skiing is a big deal. I discussed the validity of ski helmets on the market today in respect to the test Consumer Reports put out last ski season. I just wrote for this one and went back and edited it later on. I went to a few different sites to find information to use in this paper along with the information that was provided in the article. About 23,000 people suffered head injuries in skiing related accidents in 2002.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
Email discussion on the Invent Argument
¡°Tending to the Cultural Dream¡±
This essay is very interesting to me. The author said, ¡°Myth and Culture¡¯s mission statement is to enable people to find multiple meanings in what seems to be a meaningless world. We do this through the study of mythology and archetypal psychology.¡±(Pg 185) and she also introduced us dream is also one kinds of Myth. She believe that ¡°dreams bring us metaphorical understanding, a recognition of the power of images to deepen our lives.¡± (Pg 186)
When I think about Myth and Dream, there are some images. As she told us on the book, the images are not mine alone. Maybe thousands, or million of other people also share same images about myth and dream. Because we have been learned them on the same books and televisions. Finally, she suggests something about dream. ¡°The golden rule in touching any dream, writes Hillman, is keeping the dream alive¡± because dreams tell us something that is related to real things in our life.
Email discussion on the Pacific ¡°perfection¡±
Perfection is a story about children who has been raised and adopted as orphan in the Holocaust. It is a also story about one boy whose name is Roger Reveshze. He is just a 14 years old boy. As the story goes I feel that Roger is a kind of God. Because he can play baseball well even though he is never learned how to play baseball. From this part, I feel that this story is funny. By reading this story I wondered that what does the author want to say? And I am still confusing about that. After closed book, the last part still remains in my mind, ¡°In protest of mortality, hope of survival, and love of God. It had happened here, in the New World, and why not? If Ruth could, among the alien corn, begin the line in Judah that led to David, then what was not possible here, and what perfection would be disallowed? (Pg 195) Through the last part, I guess that maybe the author want to say that a man is not perfect, but there is not impossible things.
Email discussion on the Inventing Argument (Pg233-241)
This story starts from the question, which is why the author is not going to buy computer. He has many negative thoughts about the computer, even though it is very regarded as one of convenient and essential manufacture in current days. He also recognizes that, so he thinks, ¡°The computers are expected to become as common as TV sets in the future.¡± (Pg233)
A number of people persuade him to use computer, because the functions are very variable. For example, it can be possible connect to the all over world, it can be seem a more respectful tone of voice and it can be collect all files at once etc.
Although, there is lots of good example of using computers, he still disagrees with buying them. The reasons are technological innovation always requires the discarding of the old model, and he just do not wish to fool himself. To protecting those thoughts, he made his nine standards for technological innovation in his own work.