In medical facilities, there are different types of workers, one type that works there are respiratory care technicians. Respiratory care technicians have a degree, so, therefore, they are qualified to do their job, but you ought to remember that they are people and do make mistakes, hopefully not on purpose. When it comes to humans, I do believe that we have the expectation that everybody in the medical field is perfect and do not make any mistakes. Major mistakes like “accidently” killing somebody, are the cases that we hear most about in the news. While cell phones and social media can help the medical professionals in the respiratory care technology field keep up with their patients’ progress, there are negative consequences that come with the use of these, on the grounds that they can cause someone not to acquire a job or even lose their job; there is also a concern about the patients’ care, and, also, cell phones can cause medical machines to mess up.
When it comes to occupatio...
... middle of paper ...
...patients’ progress. However, do you really think that one positive can outweigh all of the negatives? Just remember that the negative consequences are point blank that they can cause someone to not acquire a job or even lose their job, they are risking the patients’ safety and also cell phones can cause medical machines to mess up. I must ask you to put yourself in the patients’ shoes before turning on your cell phone or posting on social media. Would you really want to risk your job that you have spent so much time and effort in college to obtain? So, next time you walk into a medical facility remember to turn your phone off. Just let everyone know where you are going and when you make it there so they will not worry if you do not answer. There is much more to life than being in touch with everybody all day especially when you are taking care of someone else’s life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cell Phone Usage in Social Settings The general consensus about cell phone usage is that they are a distraction to most individuals. Cell phones can make even the simplest task increasingly difficult, such as walking. When walking without a phone, it is easy to avoid any form of collision or slippery area, but when walking and texting, the risk of self-injury becomes higher as attention is drawn away from what lies ahead when walking. The connectivity that cell phones can bring leads to many distractions in people’s daily lives, including distractions at work, places of learning, and especially in social settings.... [tags: Mobile phone, Rotary dial]
1704 words (4.9 pages)
- The Distractions from Cell Phone Use Have you ever wondered what causes people to become attracted to their cell phones in our world today. People today have the tendency to keep their cell phones close by in order to check for new text messages and notifications on social media all day and night. The constant need to check our cell phones distracts us from our daily lives with our friends and families when we do not give them physical attention. Although cell phones are an important invention that allows us to communicate with people remotely, it distracts us from reality, such as the awareness of our surroundings, a reduction in face-to-face interaction, and the constant interruption from... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Rotary dial]
1239 words (3.5 pages)
- Technology is prevalent in today’s society and functions in many aspects of basic daily routines. With cell phones, drones, artificial intelligence and even social media platforms, the world is thriving in the digital age. Although technology provides a seemingly infinite number of accommodations to simplify basic human life, it also presents an array of new challenges. As a technology driven society, individuals are inundated with technology around every corner with no escape. The major contributing culprit of intrusive pieces of technology includes the modern cell phone.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, SMS]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- Do Cell phone and computer make people 's lives more complicated. Introduction Section People would happy to see that they are live in the era of high technology. Because of newly developing technologies, people are able to do various things that they want to do which is more convenient and easy. For instance, we no longer have to walk a long distance to bug food and items for the living. People who live in the past would think that are magicians. However, even there have a much positive effect and different kinds of conveniences, we still need to admit that technologies might make our lives more complicated than before.... [tags: Mobile phone, Computer, Vacuum tube, Technology]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- Introduction Technology is something that every college student uses daily. Sometimes, they may be connected all day. From hitting the snooze to watching Netflix before bed, and every text in between, a college student’s cellphone is the literal life line. Great for having in case of an emergency or to use when in trouble, cells are now the primary way in which students communicate with their peers. Liking photos and swiping left, these touch screens are controlling how individuals live. Being constantly connected to one’s phone be it with headphones or simply looking down at it is a social norm.... [tags: Sociology, Max Weber, Karl Marx, Anomie]
1736 words (5 pages)
- You are driving around a town you notice toddler’s, college campus attendees, and teens in high school and they all have one thing in common. They are all using their cell phone while walking from point a to point b and not caring what is happening around them. It does not matter the age people are constantly using their cell phones or any other electronic device. Looking down towards the ground, not caring what is happening around them or what they are about to walk into. By them using their phones while walking they could possibly be walking themselves towards the end of life or a major injury related.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network]
1403 words (4 pages)
- Whether in the mall, driving down the road, or just standing on the front lawn there is a great possibility that a cell phone will be seen. Most people have them either in the pocket, on the hip, or attached to the ear. When cell phones were not as prevalent, society was very different. Cell phones are cheaper than ever, smaller than when they first surfaced, and have become very advanced technologically. Cell phones have a great effect on American society today. Walking in the mall, especially this time of year, can be an inconvenience to not be able to get a hold of someone when needing to buy gifts.... [tags: Cell Phones]
469 words (1.3 pages)
- In an accelerating pace of modernization these days, it is irrefutable that technology gradually become fundamental to each person’s life. There is a wide diversity of definitions about technology. In this research paper, reader has explored a different view about it in three various aspects: Smart phone, the Internet and Social Media. Some people are of the opinion that most of them are not considered as a technology. However, technology exists in both tangible and intangible and obviously has changed over the years.... [tags: Mobile phone, IPhone, Text messaging, Smartphone]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- Cell Phones Are the Latest Addiction The United States is in the midst of an epidemic of (Excuse me, I have to take this call.) Sorry about that. Let's get back to the story. Americans from all walks of life are jonesing for the latest (Hold on just one sec. I've been trying to get this guy on the line all day. I'll be right back.) There we go. OK, let's try this again. America's love affair with cellular phones 212 million carried them as of April 2006 may have blossomed into a full-fledged addiction, with the devices interfering with personal relationships, classroom lectures, businesses and, yes, journalists' deadlines.... [tags: Cellular Phone Cell Communication]
1306 words (3.7 pages)
- Have you ever been walking down the road and you see this car just zoom by all the while fishtailing down the road. Nine chances out of ten that person is on a cell phone right. What they don’t realize is that the cops may think that they are drunk. In some cases though being drunk would be a lot better then this. I am here to prove today that driving with cell phones can be deadly. Let’s go back to that scene in the introduction shall we. When you see the person, they may not be talking verbally on their phone but they may be texting while driving.... [tags: Driving, Cell Phones, ]
692 words (2 pages)
- The Effects Of Iatrogenic Effects On The Youth
- I Work At A Community College
- The Importance Of Atticus Finch 's Character
- Summary Of ' Kill Anything That Moves ' By Nick Turse
- Animal Experimentation Is Cruel, Unfair And Pointless
- The Medical Field For Patients, Physicians, And The Truth, By Susan Cullen And Margaret Klein