Subject: Use of Social Media
The purpose of this memo is to inform all employees at InformaWorld Marketing Ltd of a change in company policy and procedures that would also reflect and affect the workplace culture and interactions. The LineWorld Marketing management decided to adopt the social media policy as a resolution reached to clarify the issue of the use of social media in the work place. The change is also taking place as part of a grand plan that was formulated to market the InformaWorld brand which ultimately is expected to significantly increase the number of clients received over the previous years. All the employees therefore should familiarize themselves with the intended change as outlined in this memo.
Significance of the Problem
A leading objective by the management of InformaWorld Marketing has been to increase the number of customers the company serves. This was to be achieved by integrating a social media policy that would guide all employees on a collective approach to this design. This would not only achieve the company objective but also boost online interactions amongst employees and the management which would ultimately improve social relations thus better working relations. It has been noted by the management that there has been an intensive use of promotions to market the company name which, in the long run, has proved to be expensive to sustain. Besides, such promotions have not heard major impact with a small increase in the company turnover experienced over the test period. This has adversely affected the ability of the company to carry out important activities for example, employee motivation campaigns that are part of the company s...
... middle of paper ...
..., 2016). Similarly, too much openness may attract legal action if employees reveal compromising information concerning company practices or sharing of offensive content openly.
Conclusions and Recommendations
Implementation of the social media policy is expected to market the InformaWorld Marketing brand thus significantly increase our turnover. In a nutshell, the planned change is expected to foster the following values including customer focus, excellence, transformative leadership, positive growth, diversity and integrity for the company thus attract more customers. I recommend that all employees co-operate with the management in ensuring that the implementation of the change is a success. I also recommend that all employees duly dedicate themselves to providing excellent customer service to all existing customers so as to retain them while attracting new ones.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- To: All Employees at InformaWorld Marketing Ltd From: Date: Subject: Use of Social Media Purpose The purpose of this memo is to inform all employees at InformaWorld Marketing Ltd of a change in company policy and procedures that would also reflect and affect the workplace culture and interactions. The LineWorld Marketing management decided to adopt the social media policy as a resolution reached to clarify the issue of the use of social media in the work place. The change is also taking place as part of a grand plan that was formulated to market the InformaWorld brand which ultimately is expected to significantly increase the number of clients received over the previous years.... [tags: Sociology, Customer service, Customer]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- Social media marketing is a simple option to add to the current promotional tactics being used by an organization. It is no longer optional; social media is mandatory for nonprofit organizations (Stengel). Studies have shown that many people think social media techniques complement traditional media; even more believe that blogs and social media influence the news coverage in traditional media tactics (Wright and Hinson 2008). There are a number of professionals that believe embracing social media is the only way for public relations to continue in the digital age.... [tags: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube]
3403 words (9.7 pages)
- Using social web is probably the most cost effective marketing tool available that allowed businesses to manage brand reputation, advertise, served customer, broadcast, and network (Fine, 2010). The social media has become a widespread phenomenon and global trend because of the popularity of Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook (Hinchcliffe & Kim, 2012). In the recent study conducted by LinkedIn, 94% of small businesses use social media as a marketing tool and 49% use it for research to grow business (Weiss, 2014).... [tags: Social Media Marketing]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- According to Diamond 2008, social media marketing is marketing that concentrate on people and not products. The company can represent the product through a promotional tool if possible all that really matters is customer’s feedback. Marketers are scared about social media marketing because people provide and control the content posted, therefore negative word of mouth can be said about the brand which can spread worldwide in the twinkle of an eye. Social media does not only help companies and brands expand or create awareness it also influences consumers behavior in terms of gathering information, purchasing decision, opinions, attitude and brand evaluation.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Social network service]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- What Is Social Media Marketing. What is social media marketing and what does it have to do with you. Well, I 'll answer those questions by saying this: Social media marketing is simplified in terms of reaching customers through sharing a message through written content, videos and images. The concept is to gain increasing traffic and attention from those who use social media. Social media marketing covers various social networks which enables you to communicate activities and short messages with others.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Marketing strategy]
1713 words (4.9 pages)
- When you are running a business there are a lot of things to do to stay ahead of your competition. To be competitive in this highly competitive corporate world if you don 't stand up then other people will run away with the cake. Social network is an evolving beast. Now adverts are not just an incidental thing, they are an intrinsic part of the social media platform. For example, Facebook 's use of retargeting ads. Facebook seems to know what you are thinking almost before you do. We all know the make fit.... [tags: Marketing, Social network service, Social media]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- In today 's world, print ads are a dying form of advertising. A new form of marketing is beginning to sweep over consumers: social media. Social media is quickly becoming essential for businesses, leaving print ads and television commercials in the dust. With the rise of importance in social media, companies have been able to adapt and integrate this technology to improve their marketing and advertising. Companies have improved their marketing using social media by reaching more consumers in different ways, reaching their specific target audience more efficiently and maintaining closer relationships with their customers Social media is a phenomenon unlike any other in its ability to grow a... [tags: Advertising, Social media, Marketing, Mass media]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Social media refers to the sharing of information among people in a networked environment. It is concerned with the creation of virtual communities where members interact electronically through ICT platforms. People can share videos, photographs and different forms of communication through social media facilities. Advancement in information communication technology has fueled the development of social media networking. Evolution of mobile computing and development of internet-enabled mobile phones has catalyzed the development of social media networking (Davis and Linda 101).... [tags: Marketing, Business, Social media, Advertising]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- Market Usage of Social Media for Customer Engagement: A Wells Fargo Case Study Social media is at the core of many marketing plans for corporations in the United States and world-wide. One of these companies at the forefront of social media use is Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. (Wells Fargo). The ability to directly contact customers and potential customers in a real time online environment is crucial to the bank / customer conversation and reinforcing the company’s place in a customer’s mind as the entity that they want to do business with (Wells Fargo Bank, 2014).... [tags: Social Media, Marketing Plans, Corporations]
1855 words (5.3 pages)
- Peer-To-Peer Marketing: Social Media “Given that teens now spend so many hours surfing the Web, and far fewer hours watching television than previous generations, it’s not surprising that intense peer-to-peer promoting has emerged and flowered online” (Quart 39). These words of Alissa Quart from Branded: The Buying and Selling of Teenagers perfectly describe the evolution of marketing, which is now known as social media marketing. Social media is an electronic communication system in which people create online communities to share information, personal messages, and other content.... [tags: Social media, Social network service, Facebook]
1744 words (5 pages)