The use of search engine technology has been an invaluable tool for all users connecting to the internet. These systems are used by,business, education, government,healthcare, and military to name a few. Search engines house millions of web pages, documents , images and other materials collected from millions of websites. The information gather from these sites are held in massive databases where the information is aggregated and index. Search engine’s used special software called spiders to help construct a list of key words. The process of constructing the spider list is called web crawling. According to Franklin (2000) The spiders links to common websites, indexing the words on its page and following every link found within the site.
The information collected by these search engines are collected from customers’ providing details or indirectly as a result of customers’ behavior while on a website. Many search engines have advertisement’s that runs on the sides or in a browser above the search engine. The browser ads are geared to a person search activity.
The method search engine companies used to capture users’ data has drawn concern over individuals’ privacy and the sharing of users personal information. The benefit to consumers is not always convey leaving consumers in doubt. The internet is an electronic marketplace where users personal information is brought and sold to different companies without the consumer’s knowledge. This method of handling consumer personal data has caused debate. Privacy is the
This paper will focus on the top three search engine services, Google,Yahoo and Bing. I will give a brief summary on each company mission statement and each co...
... middle of paper ...
...mployees - Yahoo News. Retrieved from
McCullagh , D. (2006, August). AOL's disturbing glimpse into users' lives - CNET News.
Retrieved from http://news.cnet.com/2100-1030_3-6103098.html
Microsoft (2014, April). We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.
Retrieved April 2014, from http://www.microsoft.com/privacystatement/en-
Raskin, A. (2013, June). Terms of Service; Didn't Read. Retrieved from http://tosdr.org/
Santa Clara Valley Historical Association (2008). Yahoo! Inc. Retrieved from
Yahoo (2014). Web Beacons. Retrieved from
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- We live in a world that is fundamentally run by the internet. We use it every day, multiple times in a variety of ways. We use it to keep up to date with the latest news, to watch movies and shows, to listen to music, do research for our latest assignment and even to simply search the latest topic our mind is wandering off to. Google is there to help with all of that. Google is a search engine that was created in September of 1998 by two Ph.D. students at the University of Stanford (Google, 2014).... [tags: Google, Google search, Web search engine]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- Many elements must be considered when researching information for a paper, whether it is through an Internet search engine or a database. The Internet is full of information that is trustworthy, but one must know how to find it. Search engines and databases can be extremely helpful if they are navigated correctly and valid references can be found to support the information. In order to properly research a topic, the different sources available to research information and validate the accuracy, relevance and accountability of the information found must be considered.... [tags: World Wide Web, Web search engine, Internet]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Google is known as being the world’s best company for pioneering the search engine revolution and providing internet users around the world the ability to search and find information with the click of a mouse. Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Brin and Page met in 1995 during a tour for students who were accepted into a PhD program at Stanford University (Rothaermel, 2015). The two found each other to be very obnoxious but spent a lot of time talking to each other and became inseparable friends.... [tags: Google, Google search, Bing, Web search engine]
1359 words (3.9 pages)
- Explaining Google’s business model is to say the clever idea of two PhD students from Stanford University, Larry Page and Sergey Brin founded in 1998 and originally purpose was to provide a unique internet search engine and rapidly became the leader on search engine and best advertiser seller. Google is a technology company that today offers more than 200 products, and services being internet search engine the most famous and used worldwide. From Picasa, YouTube, Gmail, Google Book, AdWords, Google search among many others Google untypical business model is direct to a main purpose to get the most out of advertising and to bring more consumers to those advertising, which are who generate mor... [tags: Google, Web search engine, Google services]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- Abstract The importance of search engine is growing rapidly with the development of web based information system. Currently, search engine provides hundreds of millions of results for the query entered in which most of the results are ambiguous or even irrelevant to the context and so we have to spend a lot of time to filter out the required information. This difficulty can be overcome by using the advance search engine which incorporates Natural Language Processing technology to narrow the boundary of search results and save the extra time in filtering the required information.... [tags: World Wide Web, Web search engine, Web crawler]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- All the Way to the Top “Google: brand name of a leading Internet search engine, founded in 1998.”(Google.). The company Google was founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Google first started out as a general search engine that people could use on a daily basis to look up and find whatever information quickly and efficiently. Fifteen years later, Google has expanded into much more than just a search engine. The company Google has now expanded its reach into various aspects of people’s daily life.... [tags: google fiber, internet, technology]
1806 words (5.2 pages)
- As search engines and directories have increased in number, sophistication, and complexity, so too have the art and science of search engine positioning. Existing search engines and directories are constantly changing their search engine algorithms and striking new alliances, and new search engines are emerging. Search engines have evolved from academic and research tools with intriguing names like Archie, Gopher, Veronica, and Jughead to some of the most-visited sites on the Web (still with novel names like Yahoo.... [tags: World Wide Web, Internet, File Transfer Protocol]
1084 words (3.1 pages)
- “It’s Google’s world, we just search in it” We live in a world that is fundamentally run by the internet. We use it every day, multiple times in a variety of ways. We use it to keep up to date with the latest news, to watch movies and shows, to listen to music, do research for our latest assignment and even to simply search the freshest topic our mind is wandering off to. Google is there to help with all of that. Google is a search engine that was created in September 1998 by two Ph.D. students at the University of Stanford (Google, 2014).... [tags: Google, Google search, Web search engine]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- ... When exploring the technical world of computer applications and software, the mind is cognitively challenged. It is first brought into the state of confusion and then adapted to the changes as information is learned. This is the cycle of cognitive development through technology. Those who browse the web are not textually deprived. Rather, people are constantly browsing articles, reading email, checking Facebook statuses, or even writing blogs. Even though it’s not the same as reading a traditional narrative book, words are being processed frequently.... [tags: cognitive, convenience, search engine]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Everyone knows that Google is one of the top search engines on the internet and they are a highly respected and established business. Their respect may have gone out the door in China because of what they had done back in 2004. The major search engine decided to give into the Chinese government and Google.cn was censored. Nobody knew that it happened until they decided to use the search engine and tried to search for their daily news. This marks the first time in the history of the internet that a search engine had censored any content.... [tags: Internet]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- The Major Players of the Iran-Contra Scandal
- The Role of Satan in Dante's Inferno and Specifically in Paradise Lost
- Weber's Three Types of Leadership
- Jewish-American Culture in the United States
- The Effects of Ancient Egyptian Burial Sites on the World Today
- A Brief History of Ancient Greek Architecture