Using mobile phone while driving may cause many problems. This is a very critical issue now a day, people using mobile phones while they are driving may be the main cause of many accidents. Hence, it is very important to create awareness among them. Some authorities have made the use of a mobile while driving illegal, or they may permit the use of hands-free. Consequently, it is need of the hour to do research in this critical area, so that death rate due to accidents can be reduced to a minimum level.
The rate of deaths of school zone drivers or those who just receive their licenses is very high. Distraction made by any outside source hinders the way they are driving. With the advancement in the mobile phone technology, it becomes crucial to creating awareness among drivers against the miss use of the mobile and any other stuff that cause a disturbance in the way they are driving. Many questions arise with the advancement of technologies. People may use it in a good way, but a teenager, and growing children are taking the advantages of the technology in a positive way. They may develop the habit of texting all around the day, even when they are driving the think that texting is very compulsory for them.
There are many cases of distraction-related accidents when texting. Net surfing from mobiles reduces the use of computer and laptops, which in turn cause problems as well. A case was reported in the US about a year ago that cause the death of a driver while he was surfing for the location on the cell phone (Steitzer, 2010). After a keen survey of many cases, a proper research in this field is very important for creating awareness and some rules for the use of mobile phone. Decades ago, it was no...
... middle of paper ...
...parent’s relation strengthens through quick call while driving.
The third component is social network benefits. Cell phone while driving promotes social connection as when drivers are stuck in traffics sudden call to their friend can enrich their relation. Events that collide can be coordinated while rushing to any of the events therefore bring peace and reduces stress.
Last are business benefits. Business man can make their idle time productive while driving and employees enjoy a competitive environment. Immediate response can be given to a co worker or client. Contacting workers while driving improves responsiveness. The quick response can improve the relation with the client in long run. Such facilities are worth it in financial services. There are numerous benefits but many of them are not explored yet and researcher through several methods are figuring it out.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In this short summary I will inform you of my policy using the results of the five references that I researched.Consequently, regarding using a cell-phone while driving. The various studies regarding the dangers of texting while driving are well known, and currently 39 states have banned the practice, the research has shown that using a cell phone while driving increases the risk of accidents, and most people assume that the dangerous aspect of cell-phone use is taking one hand off the steering wheel to hold and dial the phone.... [tags: Mobile phone, Bluetooth, Text messaging]
1519 words (4.3 pages)
- Cell phone Technology has been growing tremendous each year since it was invented. While there are numerous advantages to owning and using a cell phone there are just as many disadvantages and hazards that can be caused by them. The estimate of each year is about 1.8 million car accidents caused by cell phone use. 2009 was the year they passed the law of banning cell phones use while driving. It has not stopped the people from using their phones which causes innocent people being injured or killed.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Cellular network]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- The use of cell phones while driving has been a debated topic since the beginning of time. Countries such as Malaysia, China, Singapore and the U.K. have strict rules on the usage of cellphones while driving with penalties of heavy fines; however in the U.S., it is a little more lenient when compared. According to the Governors Highway Safety Association, there are only fourteen states that have prohibition against hand-held cellphones usage, whereas forty-four states in the U.S. have ban text messaging while driving, but no states have made the decision to ban all cellphone use.... [tags: Mobile phone, Bluetooth, Cellular network]
1792 words (5.1 pages)
- Each day in the US, over 8 people are killed and 1,161 injured in crashes that are reported to involve a distracted driver (National Center for Statistics and Analysis, 2015). As the world becomes more connected electronically; visual, manual, as well as cognitive distractions can endanger a driver and others. Texting while driving is especially dangerous because it combines all three types of distractions (US Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2014). While most of the texting while driving decreases as Americans grow older, literature on the subject suggests that there are substantive differences in the reason and behaviors of those who use mobile d... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, United States]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- If you are driving at 55mph for 5 seconds in that amount of time you could cross a football field. People don’t understand how dangerous distracted driving really is. All states should have some sort of legal parameters of what happens when you get caught using your cell phone while driving. People should get a stronger/ harsher punishment for the use of a cellular device while driving. People are way more impaired when you are distracted and driving than you are drinking and driving. The problem with this is that so many people do it and it is so unbearable hearing so many stories of how many people die every year because they make the mistake.... [tags: laws, death, driving, cell phones]
816 words (2.3 pages)
- The Dangers of Cell Phone Use While Driving Among Teenagers Too many teenagers are overly confident in their abilities to text while driving; this paper will explain why it is imperative to educate teenagers about the negative effects that cell phone use while driving can have on a person. These effects may impact the driver, as well as the people driving around them. I see so many reckless drivers—people speeding, swerving in and out of their lanes, etc.—and more often than not I can see that they are young adults and they are on their cell phones.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Rotary dial]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- Mobile phone use in motor vehicles has increased at a remarkable rate over the past 15 years. Yet it is undeniable that utilizing a cell phone while driving can affect driver performance as it relates to the overall safe operation of a vehicle. There are a number of things to consider in deciding whether the trade off in convenience is worth the potential risks associated with the distraction created by a cell phone. Given the fact that the individual driver (and/or business owner) ultimately pays for the resulting consequences associated with an auto or truck accident (financial, emotional and physical lose); it is prudent to seek out relevant and reliable information in making a decisio... [tags: Texting Driving Cell phone car accident]
1640 words (4.7 pages)
- Distracted Driving: One Text Or Call Could Wreck It All There is a high percentage of people that spend a majority of their day sitting behind the wheel of a vehicle. Whether it is commuting to work, taking the kids to school, running errands, or simply going out to eat one may feel that their car has become a second home. With so much time spent behind the wheel, drivers become comfortable and incorporate distracting activities while trying to remain focused on the road. Our inability to put our cell phones away while driving is inexcusable.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Cellular network]
2024 words (5.8 pages)
- As indicated by Jonathon Burkett, there is a difference between texting and driving. When driving, one’s eyes have to be open while looking at the road ahead of him. The driver needs to be watching the cars around him and looking at streetlights and road signs. When one is texting, they are focused on the texting device and what they are going to typing next. How can a person think they can do both. They can’t. Drivers’ need to be more aware of the dangers they are putting themselves and others in.... [tags: accidents, life, distracted driving]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- Nikki Taylor, a famous supper model who's career started at the young age of 14. At the age of 26 was in the prime of her life. But a tragedy occurred in April of 2001, she suffered severe liver damage, when the driver or the 1993 Nissan she was riding in spun into a telephone poll. Why. All because the driver was distracted while reaching for his ringing cell phone that was caught under the seat. This was not a fatal accident, but there are several thousand accidents involving cell phones that turn out deadly.... [tags: Cell Phones Texting Driving]
1218 words (3.5 pages)